The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arminb
They were kind of vague to be honest. My history teacher(who is now doing MA in UCL) told me that the minute I walked there it looked like a business to me. He also said that they are very right-wing and that it is no place for Marxists like us. He said they put so much focus on political history that you dont get a good picture overall.
The economics teacher said that they are **** and that is why I didnt go there. He said they conduct lecture in theatre halls with 1000 students and the professors never have time. He also said you wont get very good support with your studies in there compared to even less prestigious universities like Royal Holloway(no offence there).
Bear in mind that this is what they've told me. I am still inclined to go there because i like political History. After all, "all history is the history of political thought".

I don't know about the politics but I doubt a university would heavily advocate one side of the poltical spectrum, they'd try remain impartial. I'd have to say you're Economics teacher is wrong about the lecture size. LSE have an intake of about 250 for Economics which is one of their biggest programmes. So even if everyone had a lecture together it wouldn't come to 1000. The lack of support is probably true, if I'm going by websites such as Which and UniStats who say they aren't great with this.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 3161
Original post by TerribleTej
Which is probably why I got an offer, because I based my p.s. heavily on the political aspect of economics.

lol, me too:biggrin:. Congratulations for the offer.
3 weeks into 8 week law email -international law applicant
is it just me or is the law department being exceptionally slow ?
Reply 3163
Any international economics applicant get offer here?
Original post by comebackasfire7
3 weeks into 8 week law email -international law applicant
is it just me or is the law department being exceptionally slow ?

I think you'll find that they'll release a big batch of decisions on Thursday/Friday.

Best of luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey questionsq ^
Are you saying this for all thursdays and fridays in general ? Or is it just this thursday and friday that we'll recieve a glut of law offers/rejections ?
Hey questionsq ^
Are you saying this for all thursdays and fridays in general ? Or is it just this thursday and friday that we'll recieve a glut of law offers/rejections ?

Well, they seem to send out the majority of offers on Thursdays and Fridays. However, this time last year (for law specifically), they sent out a load of decisions.

As it draws closer to the UCAS deadline (Jan 15th), LSE are far more likely to make offers. At this point, there's only about a week's worth of school time that students can make use of to send their UCAS forms - as a result, LSE can start sending out lots of decisions.
Original post by QuestionsQ
Well, they seem to send out the majority of offers on Thursdays and Fridays. However, this time last year (for law specifically), they sent out a load of decisions.

As it draws closer to the UCAS deadline (Jan 15th), LSE are far more likely to make offers. At this point, there's only about a week's worth of school time that students can make use of to send their UCAS forms - as a result, LSE can start sending out lots of decisions.

oh thats fantastic -the end is near
So I applied by 15 October, got my 5-week notice on 8 November (Economics & Philosophy), and then waited dutifully until last Friday...but Santa never came! Do you think it would be worth it/acceptable to email in, or should I just wait it out?
Has anyone been invited to write the UGAA?
Original post by DefiantJellyfish
So I applied by 15 October, got my 5-week notice on 8 November (Economics & Philosophy), and then waited dutifully until last Friday...but Santa never came! Do you think it would be worth it/acceptable to email in, or should I just wait it out?

Did you get another 4 week email?
oh thats fantastic -the end is near

The end (for some) is near (we hope) xD
Reply 3172
Original post by TerribleTej
No that award goes to Maths and Economics.

Absolutely right! I am five weeks into my four week (strongest) email. Still no news.:frown:
Reply 3173
Original post by DefiantJellyfish

i'm in exactly the same situation as you! haven't been updated since that 5 week email. I do think it's worth emailing in but at the same time there seems to be quite a few people who are like 8 or 9 weeks into their 5 week email.
Original post by Dhfhdsvx
Absolutely right! I am five weeks into my four week (strongest) email. Still no news.:frown:

I didn't know that the 4 week emails were being sent out for math and eco!!!:frown:... I am definitely getting rejected:frown:
Original post by QuestionsQ
The end (for some) is near (we hope) xD

Are you an international applying to the law department as well ?
Original post by BeatTheBox
I didn't know that the 4 week emails were being sent out for math and eco!!!:frown:... I am definitely getting rejected:frown:

My friend who has the same grades as me got rejected for Actuarial science. That means for an even more competitive course Maths & Econ I have absolutely no chance.
Are you an international applying to the law department as well ?

Nope, I'm a home student, but I am applying for Law.
Reply 3178
Original post by Dilzo999
My friend who has the same grades as me got rejected for Actuarial science. That means for an even more competitive course Maths & Econ I have absolutely no chance.

But loads of other people who've been predicted 4A*s are being rejected because of their personal statement...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3179
anyone get a 4 week email for international relations and history?

Quick Reply

Latest