The Student Room Group

Just in it for the sex..??

Guys... if you enter a relationship with an attractive girl... do u mainly do it to 'get some' as the saying goes...

i have heard a couple of my friends say that they split from their ex's because they would give them any...

i would like to know if:
1. this is true
2. do most guys enter a relationship because they genuinely love that person
3. do any guys feel they want to wait to have that moment with someone special?

be interesting to know what you would say...
1. Some males might do it, some females might do the same thing. People are different.
2. Most do enter a relationship based on other factors than the girls body.
3. Sex? If so, no. Sex can be done just for fun imo.
Reply 2
no. You could get some without a relationship. A relationship does not necessarily guarantee regular sex and thinking it does automatically makes it seem you have little idea what relationships are about.

And to answer all your questions, they all depend from person to person. would be unwise to generalise.
Reply 3
If two people enter a relationship because they think the other is 'fit' then those are the types of people just to enter it for sex, however the people that have a deeper connection before entering a relationship would be less likely to be doing it for sex ..depends on the individual
For regular action, a lot do
No, definitely not.
Reply 6
My best friend told me he's never loved a girl, he'd never be with a girl if she didn't have sex with him and he's only ever in it for the sex.
Reply 7
Original post by Abigail Tompsett
Guys... if you enter a relationship with an attractive girl... do u mainly do it to 'get some' as the saying goes...

i have heard a couple of my friends say that they split from their ex's because they would give them any...

i would like to know if:
1. this is true

That doesn't mean they are in a relationship just for sex, they could just highly value sex in a relationship. In the same way, someone may split from their ex because they don't talk enough, it doesn't mean they entered a relationship just to have a chat.
Reply 8
Original post by Abigail Tompsett

i would like to know if:
1. this is true

1. Depends on the guy d-bags might do it
2. That is always my intention (maybe love isn't the right word, interested in is prob a better choice)
3. Yes and No - Sexually frustrated at times, but couldn't do a ONS
Currently not getting sex from my girlfriend. I'm not going to break up with her over it because I love her and I'm willing to be patient while we work it out.

To answer your questions specifically:
1. I don't think it is the only reason they have relationships, but I think sex is a required component for most guys.
2. I don't think most guys enter a relationship because they are in love, because I think that in general people enter into relationships before they fall in love with their partner.
3. When I got into a relationship with my girlfriend, I did want to wait so that our first time was special.
Original post by MJ1012
That doesn't mean they are in a relationship just for sex, they could just highly value sex in a relationship. In the same way, someone may split from their ex because they don't talk enough, it doesn't mean they entered a relationship just to have a chat.

ok just interested in a guys views... going into psychology now... it suggests that men do base and basically go into a relationship due to a womens looks and take more of a sexualised approach but women take a relationship the opposite due to a women naturally being more feelings based... i could go on but i dont want to bore u... :s... depends if u like ur women to have a brain would depend if u found what i just wrote interesting aha :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
Currently not getting sex from my girlfriend. I'm not going to break up with her over it because I love her and I'm willing to be patient while we work it out.

To answer your questions specifically:
1. I don't think it is the only reason they have relationships, but I think sex is a required component for most guys.
2. I don't think most guys enter a relationship because they are in love, because I think that in general people enter into relationships before they fall in love with their partner.
3. When I got into a relationship with my girlfriend, I did want to wait so that our first time was special.

aww im am actually glad to hear that... shame u made it anonymously but nm... :tongue:
Original post by doctordee
My best friend told me he's never loved a girl, he'd never be with a girl if she didn't have sex with him and he's only ever in it for the sex.

well remind me to stay away from ur friend aha :tongue:
I certainly wouldn't say I'm just in it for the sex, in fact I enjoyed being single a lot and only got in a relationship because I met a girl I really liked. We've been long distance a lot, so I've had to go without sex plenty of times. But I wouldn't stay with a girl who was denying me sex long term without a special reason (eg medical). Either that's against her beliefs, so her beliefs aren't compatable with mine, or she's playing games, which I don't appreciate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending