The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3460
Original post by frogs r everywhere
I'm 'YOLOing' it. :smile: All my friends (except one who's going to India) and teenage relatives are either all at university or live abroad unfortunately. Hence, they wouldn't really have the time and effort to travel :frown: I therefore decided to go solo. I may meet some backpackers along the way. :awesome:

Sounds lonely :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frogs r everywhere
I'm 'YOLOing' it. :smile: All my friends (except one who's going to India) and teenage relatives are either all at university or live abroad unfortunately. Hence, they wouldn't really have the time and effort to travel :frown: I therefore decided to go solo. I may meet some backpackers along the way. :awesome:

I know what you mean. I'm debating whether to go with an organisation or wait till summer and drag my friends along or yolo solo. Still, I can't find it in my heart to plan anything yet when I've not got an offer :s-smilie:
Original post by Hugby1

:frown: There were also these rather major re-union(s) up North that I couldn't go to for personal reasons.
Ah well, I always have my cat :awesome:

Original post by ameelia22
I know what you mean. I'm debating whether to go with an organisation or wait till summer and drag my friends along or yolo solo. Still, I can't find it in my heart to plan anything yet when I've not got an offer :s-smilie:

I would wait till the summer, however, going yolo solo gives you that additional unequivocal adventurous sensation. #Swag #Lad

Original post by Hugby1
Yeah, it's actually quite horrible work lol. I'm going to Japan and living like a, relatively speaking, king as a holiday. Then we fly to Beijing and backpack south through China to Hong Kong doing all the touristy stoof. Then fly to Bangkok and do that whole classic gap year thing: Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam. Then finally home... Phew

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why, that sounds fantastic! Enjoy your trips. :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Scottasaurus
Any other re-applicants done all their interviews? So good to be able to relax a bit! :tongue:

I've finished all 4 aswell, can enjoy Christmas now! (Not a reapp though, didn't apply last year)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JemimaPuddleduck
I've finished all 4 aswell, can enjoy Christmas now! (Not a reapp though, didn't apply last year)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome! Where did you apply?
Reply 3465
Another rejection. Just 2 left now.
Praying Bristol give me a offer :frown:
Reply 3466
Original post by ashamoh
Another rejection. Just 2 left now.
Praying Bristol give me a offer :frown:

Oh nooo :frown: I haven't been keeping up with you, what's going on then? where did you apply/how did the interviews go (in your opinion)??? :frown:(((
Reply 3467
Original post by Hugby1
Oh nooo :frown: I haven't been keeping up with you, what's going on then? where did you apply/how did the interviews go (in your opinion)??? :frown:(((

my 3rd year of applying :frown: !
rejection from Exeter cause I didn't have a A*
rejection after interview from.Plymouth thought the interview went bad anyway :P
waiting to hear from Bristol had my interview Friday which went okay :smile:
and nothing yet from leeds!

what about you?
Reply 3468
Original post by ashamoh
my 3rd year of applying :frown: !
rejection from Exeter cause I didn't have a A*
rejection after interview from.Plymouth thought the interview went bad anyway :P
waiting to hear from Bristol had my interview Friday which went okay :smile:
and nothing yet from leeds!

what about you?

Arghghhh I have a friend (also a reapplicant) who applied to Exeter and got rejected because of that A*. Massive dick move from them. I am waiting to hear from King's/Leeds/Bristol ://///
Original post by Hugby1
Arghghhh I have a friend (also a reapplicant) who applied to Exeter and got rejected because of that A*. Massive dick move from them. I am waiting to hear from King's/Leeds/Bristol ://///

I got rejected because of the A*.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hugby1

To top it off I've seen people taking a 3rd year who have AAB getting an interview because they're predicted A* in the resit *slams head onto desk*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3471
Anyone else find it hard being the only friend who hasnt gone to uni and moved on to new bigger and better experiences feeling a bit insignificant atm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hl7495
Anyone else find it hard being the only friend who hasnt gone to uni and moved on to new bigger and better experiences feeling a bit insignificant atm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yes, and seeing as majority of my friends went to Cambridge, London or Top russell group whenever they talk about Uni I think...'highlight of my day was taking the dogs for a walk'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sheffield reapplicants: seen the recent post by Parent_help ?? Thoughts?

Original post by callummj6747
Oh yes, and seeing as majority of my friends went to Cambridge, London or Top russell group whenever they talk about Uni I think...'highlight of my day was taking the dogs for a walk'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seconded ^ Hopefully xmas pay this friday will cheer me up
Reply 3474
Original post by callummj6747

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hang in there guys soon it will be us and we will have our own friends
*convinces self*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scottasaurus
Awesome! Where did you apply?

St Andrews, Queens, Durham, Manchester yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JemimaPuddleduck
St Andrews, Queens, Durham, Manchester yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh and Glasgow :biggrin:
Original post by hl7495

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll get over it, my year group are now second years :biggrin:
Original post by hl7495

Posted from TSR Mobile

Technically I'm at uni now, doing my bachelors. But the little ones I had to look after when I was Head Girl at school are all graduates now. Weird seeing them gowned with their faces barely any different from when they were 11 and now further along in their education!
Just got an unconditional from southampton !! This is the best Christmas present in the world, actually can't stop crying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending