The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zahra_d
Ah lucky! I didn't do GCSE History so I'm learning everything from scratch - ooh Elizabeth I! I actually did that for my exam last year, lol - I'm doing it on the Vietnam War and whether the impact was worse for the US or SE Asia, very interesting!

Oh cool. I always get jealous of people who get topics I'm really interested in. Last year we did the politics of Britain & Germany post-WW1.

We did our GCSE coursework on Vietnam! :biggrin:
Reply 8581
Original post by Paparazzo
Oh cool. I always get jealous of people who get topics I'm really interested in. Last year we did the politics of Britain & Germany post-WW1.

We did our GCSE coursework on Vietnam! :biggrin:

Ha we've done such similar units, what a small world! Call me terrible but I find history outside of Britain is usually more interesting - don't get me wrong, Elizabeth was okay - but I prefer looking at foreign countries. And lol I did Germany last year too, from post-WW1 to 1963, loved that unit!
Reply 8582
Original post by Lucy96
Yup :biggrin: aw thank you :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

NP and you and your catchphrase lol :biggrin:

Original post by g.k.galloway
Hey peeps how are we all??

Feeling festive? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup in the mood to sing christmas carols :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zahra_d
Ha we've done such similar units, what a small world! Call me terrible but I find history outside of Britain is usually more interesting - don't get me wrong, Elizabeth was okay - but I prefer looking at foreign countries. And lol I did Germany last year too, from post-WW1 to 1963, loved that unit!

That's a really weird combination you did. 1500s Britain and 1900s Germany? :biggrin: I really liked doing Germany and Britain because they were both in the time frame so it was interesting to see what each country was doing at the same/similar time.

I think our Germany course started in 1933, but we did a lot of work on the context beforehand to understand why Hitler was 'allowed' to do what he did. I can't remember where we ended. Possibly shortly after the building of the Berlin Wall?

I really liked it too. At first I was all "UGH POLITICS" but I ended up enjoying it more than I ever could have immagined. :biggrin:
Reply 8584
Original post by Paparazzo
That's a really weird combination you did. 1500s Britain and 1900s Germany? :biggrin: I really liked doing Germany and Britain because they were both in the time frame so it was interesting to see what each country was doing at the same/similar time.

I think our Germany course started in 1933, but we did a lot of work on the context beforehand to understand why Hitler was 'allowed' to do what he did. I can't remember where we ended. Possibly shortly after the building of the Berlin Wall?

I really liked it too. At first I was all "UGH POLITICS" but I ended up enjoying it more than I ever could have immagined. :biggrin:

Yeah haha my sixth form and their wonderful coordination - but it was interesting to look at two completely different time periods - you were luckier I guess, in that you got to look at Britain and Germany in a similar time frame. And LOL my reaction to politics was similar! It's strange but it wasn't until after we'd learnt everything for the course and when I was revising for the exam that I found I really liked it - trust me to do something like that, d'oh

We ended around the similar time and also had to look at what happened before that period. The same this year tbh, having to look at the reasons behind the civil war and the effect it had.

Speaking of history I'm actually doing revision right now, I'm kind of a night owl, for some reason I get more done at the end of the day :biggrin:
Original post by zahra_d
Yeah haha my sixth form and their wonderful coordination - but it was interesting to look at two completely different time periods - you were luckier I guess, in that you got to look at Britain and Germany in a similar time frame. And LOL my reaction to politics was similar! It's strange but it wasn't until after we'd learnt everything for the course and when I was revising for the exam that I found I really liked it - trust me to do something like that, d'oh

We ended around the similar time and also had to look at what happened before that period. The same this year tbh, having to look at the reasons behind the civil war and the effect it had.

Speaking of history I'm actually doing revision right now, I'm kind of a night owl, for some reason I get more done at the end of the day :biggrin:

We didn't do anything pre-Civil War. IIRC our work began during the civil war and then just continued from there.

What is your second coursework? Does everybody do Prohibition? I'm clueless. :redface:

What are you revising?
Finished the first part of my chemistry coursework, ready to hand in :biggrin: :woo: It's longer than the whole of my biology coursework, and it was only the planning section... :erm:

Now for the 15+ hours of labwork... :sigh:
Reply 8587
So nice to be on holiday :yep:

alas an essay needs to be written as does chemistry revision :yawn:
Original post by Qari
Think you meant 96\120 and 63/80

<font size="1"><a href="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app" target="_blank">Posted from TSR Mobile</a></font>

Oh yeah sure, thanks!
Original post by Lucy96
I have all 5 offers
Posted from TSR Mobile

Already congratulated u on fb but thought I'd do it here, congrats girl
Hey peeps how are we all??

Feeling festive? :biggrin:

Pe

I'm good, you/
Not particularly. Not doing much. I was hoping to volounteer for XMAS but couldn't find anything this short notice :frown:
Original post by keromedic

I'm good, you/
Not particularly. Not doing much. I was hoping to volounteer for XMAS but couldn't find anything this short notice :frown:

I'm gooooood thanks :biggrin:

Yeah :/ I'm sure you will get something
I'm gooooood thanks :biggrin:

Yeah :/ I'm sure you will get something

That's nice?
Do you have any offers?
Perhaps. If not, I'll just spend the day cooking, I suppose and doing college work.

Aww thanks ever so much :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
Aww thanks ever so much :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dmi
I don't think my unis will ever get back to me at this rate and my theory test is pretty damn soon but I'm managing not to get too stressed. I need Christmas holidays to hurry up!
That's nice?
Do you have any offers?
Perhaps. If not, I'll just spend the day cooking, I suppose and doing college work.

I've had 2 interviews but no offers yet :s-smilie: Just have to wait and see!
I've had 2 interviews but no offers yet :s-smilie: Just have to wait and see!

Hope they went well :smile: best of luck with them!
OMG havent sent my ucas off yet!!!! Will i get any offers if i send just before deadline?
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Hope they went well :smile: best of luck with them!

I've concluded that they went 'okay'
I guess I'm a bit disappointed with my performance to be honest :frown:
I've concluded that they went 'okay'
I guess I'm a bit disappointed with my performance to be honest :frown:

I'm sure its natural to feel that way. You probably have done better than you think

Latest