The Student Room Group

PS4 Vs Xbox One? Which one are you going for?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bill_Gates

all you need to do is move a hdmi around to have tv on?! come on.

What? Press the 'change input' button?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 141
Original post by heyimbored
What? Press the 'change input' button?

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol ok you have clearly not even touched an xbox one so cant take anything you say seriously.
I am going for the Xbox One, it looks awesome, you can use it for gaming and as a media center, plus XBL has always been better than PSN. I've always loved Xbox though, no point going for the PS4.
lol ok you have clearly not even touched an xbox one so cant take anything you say seriously.

Your statement didn't make sense, I though you were suggesting that you need to disconnect a ps4, and then plug a set to box in if you want to watch tv.

I have touched, and used an Xbox, but won't be buying one because I'm not bothered about it's exclusives, and the media stuff doesn't appeal to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Knighted
The exact same thing can be said about the Xbox 360 and PS3. The Xbox 360 was released in 2005 whilst the PS3 was released a year later thus giving market domination to the 360 for a full year and time for developers to get used to the hardware thus why the Xbox 360 dominated the market whilst the PS3 struggled to catchup.

The PS3 did catch up, though. It has sold just over a million more units, even after releasing a year later. Some multiplats don't run as well or look a little bit worse on the PS3, but in terms of market domination, neither console has dominated it until the end.

PS3's are currently out selling 360's.

Your conversation isn't with me, but I don't understand your reply. The other user was stating that to watch Sky, all you would need to do is change the input on your TV. Unless you only have one HDMI port, there is no reason to be switching cables? I don't need or want to talk to my Xbox to do this. I don't see it as revolutionary, because the only reason I buy a gaming console is to play games on it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ozzyoscy
Ohhh, you got the last word and made accusations, that must mean you win eh?

Ah okay, you must be a little one.

Nobody wins in console wars mate...this is all just lame. You can keep replying in a defensive manner if you wish and if you feel the need to "win" then by all means take the "victory" for yourself.

Matters not to me.
Original post by NathanW18
The PS3 did catch up, though. It has sold just over a million more units, even after releasing a year later. Some multiplats don't run as well or look a little bit worse on the PS3, but in terms of market domination, neither console has dominated it until the end.

By Market Domination I meant that the 360 dominated the market between the time the 360 released and by the time the PS3 released (a year.)

The PS3 was also pretty laughable when it was first released but I agree it definitely caught up and from the last year/possibly 2 years the PS3 has been ahead of the 360.
I've just brought 2 xbox360 games and I don't plan on getting any of the new consoles in the next 2 years..
Neither; quite happy with my 360.
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
I've just brought 2 xbox360 games and I don't plan on getting any of the new consoles in the next 2 years..

PREACH!
Original post by EllieC130
PREACH!

:h:
Reply 151
Original post by heyimbored
Your statement didn't make sense, I though you were suggesting that you need to disconnect a ps4, and then plug a set to box in if you want to watch tv.

I have touched, and used an Xbox, but won't be buying one because I'm not bothered about it's exclusives, and the media stuff doesn't appeal to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by NathanW18

Your conversation isn't with me, but I don't understand your reply. The other user was stating that to watch Sky, all you would need to do is change the input on your TV. Unless you only have one HDMI port, there is no reason to be switching cables? I don't need or want to talk to my Xbox to do this. I don't see it as revolutionary, because the only reason I buy a gaming console is to play games on it.

He said you need to run both the xbox one and sky in order to watch tv and have them both constantly on costing £££££. I dont use it that way we leave the sky + hdmi in direct to the tv and when i game i change the sky + hdmi to the xbox one. Its not the biggest task in the world. If you want to watch sky and tv then obviously you need both in.

Im still definitely sticking with xbox one as my main console, have moved the ps4 to the guest room :tongue:
Original post by Knighted
Ah okay, you must be a little one.

Nobody wins in console wars mate...this is all just lame. You can keep replying in a defensive manner if you wish and if you feel the need to "win" then by all means take the "victory" for yourself.

Matters not to me.

Didn't read this. Now post again.
haha well i think the xbox one is a true revolution in gaming. Having both xbox one clearly wins for the time being but of course we live in hard times and the majority of consumers will go for the lower priced console as usual.

P.s no frame rate issues whatsoever.

How is the xbone a revolution in gaming?
Reply 154
Original post by Pinkhead
How is the xbone a revolution in gaming?

Great release titles forza, halo on the way.

Kinect excellent edition to gaming

Interface is the best

More apps

Watch TV while you game = awesomes!!
Great release titles forza, halo on the way.

Kinect excellent edition to gaming

Interface is the best

More apps

Watch TV while you game = awesomes!!

I disagree.

I don't think Halo and Forza are revolutionary. The kinect is not exclusive to the xbone although it is pretty nifty hardware.
Watching TV while you play games is not revolutionary either. It has been possible on the PC for a while.
I'd say the most revolutionary part of either console is the XBOne having dedicated servers. Not seen that platform wide on a console before. Whether the devs will use it is another thing, but it's still nice.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Reply 157
I disagree.

I don't think Halo and Forza are revolutionary. The kinect is not exclusive to the xbone although it is pretty nifty hardware.
Watching TV while you play games is not revolutionary either. It has been possible on the PC for a while.

haha Halo and Forza are a step in the right direction for gaming. PS4 bundling with kill zone has been a flaw for gamers like me.

Kinect is a very nifty hardware.

PC is not a console and not really something you do in the living room so thats off topic.
haha Halo and Forza are a step in the right direction for gaming. PS4 bundling with kill zone has been a flaw for gamers like me.

Kinect is a very nifty hardware.

PC is not a console and not really something you do in the living room so thats off topic.

How are Forza and Halo a step in the right direction? I assume you don't mean the microtransactions (technically macro given the cost of some of those cars) on paid-for games and less content than the previous game in the series?

My PC is currently in the living room and is connected to my TV. Whether it is a console or not is irrelevant since you said 'a revolution in gaming', not console gaming. I'm simply challenging that claim so it's perfectly on-t
Reply 159
How are Forza and Halo a step in the right direction? I assume you don't mean the microtransactions (technically macro given the cost of some of those cars) on paid-for games and less content than the previous game in the series?

My PC is currently in the living room and is connected to my TV. Whether it is a console or not is irrelevant since you said 'a revolution in gaming', not console gaming. I'm simply challenging that claim so it's perfectly on-t

- Next gen is about gaming experience, Forza offers a more visually appealing offering alongside fun gameplay
- Look at the title of the thread its irrelevant.

Quick Reply

Latest