The Student Room Group

Getting a reference from my previous school

Hi
Sorry if this has been asked already.
So I emailed my tutor from a couple of years ago and he's willing to write me a reference. I got the schools buzzcode, put it into ucas and the "reference" section disappeared. I stupidly assumed that this meant it was all being dealt with until I saw bumped into this tutor yesterday who asked me if I'd had any luck getting the buzzword? I called the school today and they said they would call me back.
My question is do I have to send off my application before the reference can be added? I don't want to send it off without a reference but since I put in the buzzcode will it automatically be done through the school now?
I would really like to send this off before Christmas but the school will break up in a few days
Any help is appreciated
Thanks
Danny
Original post by danielchadwin
Hi
Sorry if this has been asked already.
So I emailed my tutor from a couple of years ago and he's willing to write me a reference. I got the schools buzzcode, put it into ucas and the "reference" section disappeared. I stupidly assumed that this meant it was all being dealt with until I saw bumped into this tutor yesterday who asked me if I'd had any luck getting the buzzword? I called the school today and they said they would call me back.
My question is do I have to send off my application before the reference can be added? I don't want to send it off without a reference but since I put in the buzzcode will it automatically be done through the school now?
I would really like to send this off before Christmas but the school will break up in a few days
Any help is appreciated
Thanks
Danny

You send it off -> referee receives it -> referee adds reference -> referee sends it off to ucas -> ucas sends it onto unis

If that makes sense
Reply 2
Thank you for the fast reply.
How will the school know which teacher I have asked for the reference? Or should I just stop worrying here:s-smilie:
Thanks again
Reply 3
Had this issue when I chose to apply as an individual last month.

You enter the buzzword into the Help/Options and if your institution approves your request then the reference section shall disappear. Call up your school to confirm this as I did and tell them that you want your tutor to write it and ask who currently holds control of your application. If they do have it with no issues, complete your UCAS and Pay/Send it so it completely goes to the school.

I would then advise you to ring up your tutor or email them with this infomation at which point they will chase up who has control of your application. They then will attach your reference and its simple from there.

Its unlikely it will be sent off before Christmas or get any offers during the Holidays.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Right, tomorrow I'll get call the school again to check if they have my application. If so I'll send it off and email the tutor and ask them to go ahead then give it to whoever's holding my application.
Thanks very much for clearing all of this up!
Reply 5
Right, tomorrow I'll get call the school again to check if they have my application. If so I'll send it off and email the tutor and ask them to go ahead then give it to whoever's holding my application.
Thanks very much for clearing all of this up!

No problem I was worried at the time aswell and was suprised at how simple it was.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for the fast reply.
How will the school know which teacher I have asked for the reference? Or should I just stop worrying here:s-smilie:
Thanks again

Just let your referee know that you've sent it to the school and they should be able to work it out from there onwards

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending