The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2560
thanks i'll try that :biggrin:
Reply 2561
Original post by Szmessh
I can not bear this wait anymore (UCL econ), if I not hear back January at last I'm drowning myself.

Did you get an email asking for Ums?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2562
Original post by J_95

I'm an EU national, so I have a different quali than you.
Original post by Yllasjarvi
A*A*AA. Haven't done further maths. Was quite surprised after attending the open day session and hearing how many applicants for every place etc. actually feared I might not get any offers but have somehow managed to get UCL & Leeds as well so far.
<br />
<br />

Original post by kiirankapoor
Oh okay. Im predicted A*A*A* and an A in FM AS. Ive only heard from LSE and UCL. Waiting on Nottingham and Warwick.<br />
<br />
<br />
<font size="1"><a href="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app" target="_blank">Posted from TSR Mobile</a></font>
<br />
<br />

How can you be predicted A*s? I dont mean to be rude, but I didnt think teachers predicted A*s. What did you get in AS if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by Szmessh
I can not bear this wait anymore (UCL econ), if I not hear back January at last I'm drowning myself.

Someone on this said their next open days are around February and March so I don't think you'll receive anything until the deadline has past. So let's not drown ourselves just yet. :smile:
Original post by J_95

yep i got this email!
Original post by cardigansandjeans

How can you be predicted A*s? I dont mean to be rude, but I didnt think teachers predicted A*s. What did you get in AS if you dont mind me asking?

What do you mean? It's common for teachers to predict an A* if you get 90%+ at AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait what UCL have asked for UMS?
I haven't received a UMS questionnaire for straight Econ, what should I make of this? I mentioned my UMS averages in Math,Physics,Chemistry in my reference...
Received a offer from UCL for Economics and Business today though, and have had my interviews at Oxford :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Rafael_96
I haven't received a UMS questionnaire for straight Econ, what should I make of this? I mentioned my UMS averages in Math,Physics,Chemistry in my reference...
Received a offer from UCL for Economics and Business today though, and have had my interviews at Oxford :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had an offer from UCL and wasn't asked for my UMS scores. They may have been mentioned in my reference though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did your Interviews go? I felt that the Management one went ok, but the Economics was horrible, very Maths based. Can sense a rejection coming my way.
Reply 2571
Original post by Mike_123
Wait what UCL have asked for UMS?

I got an offer without being asked for it.

Although I think it may have been mentioned in my reference.
I wanted to go to a Bristol Offer Holder Open Day - takes 4 hours to get there. Getting to Warwick is 3.5 hours. I would like to go and see these palaces but it's quite far and I don't know what I should do. :frown:
Original post by purplemind
I wanted to go to a Bristol Offer Holder Open Day - takes 4 hours to get there. Getting to Warwick is 3.5 hours. I would like to go and see these palaces but it's quite far and I don't know what I should do. :frown:

If you are not sure which you want to choose as your firm and insurance, then I think it's worth going as it may help you make up your mind. Have you had any other offers yet? There are three offer holders' open days for Warwick - I think the last one is in April. You could select that one and then always cancel it if you think you won't want to firm or insure Warwick depending on what other offers you get.
Just got an offer from Bath Economics (Sandwich), A*AA :biggrin:
Original post by Bloxorus
Just got an offer from Bath Economics (Sandwich), A*AA :biggrin:

Congrats man :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2576

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't received anything from ucl apart from the acknowledgement email. :frown: How did your interview go?
Original post by Yllasjarvi
How did your Interviews go? I felt that the Management one went ok, but the Economics was horrible, very Maths based. Can sense a rejection coming my way.

Everyone at Trinity College got interviewed by all 3 tutors simultaneously and received only one interview, questions were obscure but it felt alright, the logic questions I answered well and the maths questions seemed simple, although I didn't answer one correctly. Only two management questions were asked which I could have formulated a better response but under intimidating pressure of the management tutors gaze it wasn't perfect aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J_95
I haven't received anything from ucl apart from the acknowledgement email. :frown: How did your interview go?

Received a offer for Economics and Business but for straight Economics just a acknowledgment letter also :frown: The interview* was decent thank you, could have formulated better responses to be honest but was decent under interview pressure. I mentioned to the management tutor I want to get into science and technology entrepreneurship/management and he said 'so why economics?' Haha, had to place such a passionate speech to redeem myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do i need to have taken geography to apply for land economy at cambridge?

Quick Reply

Latest