The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1420
Original post by Anxious Owl
Out of curiosity, would you mind giving the initial of your surname? Maybe they just haven't got to us yet!

I think it's alphabetical order of first name. I was one of the last to receive the conformation email and my first name begins with y

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chemz202
I think it's alphabetical order of first name. I was one of the last to receive the conformation email and my first name begins with y

Posted from TSR Mobile

No one knows could be ur height. No point guessing I doubt it's letter of first name
Original post by star10159
675 UKCAT
640 tariff

Sorry to hear about the rejection. Do you mind telling me what were your qualifications that got translated to ucas points? And what are your initials of both surname and first name? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmmm.... I guess we can't ever be sure, really.

And my first name begins 'Aa'. :tongue:
Original post by jollygood
Sorry to hear about the rejection. Do you mind telling me what were your qualifications that got translated to ucas points? And what are your initials of both surname and first name? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surname begins with "A"

Qualifications:

A level prediction: A*A*A*A* = 560 pts
1 extra AS at A= 60pts
FSMQ maths=20pts

overall 640pts.

Are you international ?

yes

Original post by WoWiggles
Would you please mind sharing the first letter of your last name? I was wondering if it is alphabetical. I don't see why they are sending out rejections several days in a row. They must know already once they have used the computer algorithm.
I hope you get some interviews elsewhere! GOOD LUCK!

A and thank you. It was depressing to see the rejection at first and then came the stage of regretting ever applying to Barts, but I've come to accept it now.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1425
Are international students ranked against home students as well or just other internationals?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are international students ranked against home students as well or just other internationals?

Posted from TSR Mobile

With regards to informing candidates about interviews they told first due obvious reasons... For interview selection no idea but they have a limited number of international places they can offer to both a100 and a101 so international are i think directly in competition with each other and home students i.e they need to meet the minimum criteria that home students meet i.e those who get an interview PLUS that might not be enough if the international peoples pool is ridiculously high( when it comes to givig offer i.e they r in competition with home students for selection of interview but ur interview status are in comp with both international and home.. Having said that i dont think this is the case as unis dont really consider your fee status till ur interview and even only after the interview so... The criteria might jus be the same although all this is speculation and it will be nice if someone can answer ur query with a lot more certainty

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1427
Are they still giving out invitations? or only rejections? :frown:
UKCAT 747.5
predicted A*A*A*A (chemistry, further maths, Chinese, physics)
achieved A*A (maths, biology)

ugh never thought that I won't get an interview.... :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1428
Original post by ms_star
Are they still giving out invitations? or only rejections? :frown:
UKCAT 747.5
predicted A*A*A*A (chemistry, further maths, Chinese, physics)
achieved A*A (maths, biology)

ugh never thought that I won't get an interview.... :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hardly any invites have been given out mate, it's still early days. I don't understand why you're worried…with your 720 tariff points and UKCAT it's a no brainer. I assume you're a Home UK student for A100.
Original post by Anxious Owl
Out of curiosity, would you mind giving the initial of your surname? Maybe they just haven't got to us yet!

Yeah sure it's L, what about you?
Reply 1430
Just got an interview invite. UK student (but live abroad). Grad applying for 5 year.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1431
Original post by Moo321
Just got an interview invite. UK student (but live abroad). Grad applying for 5 year.

Hey what's your ukcat? Congrats on the good news :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1432
Yes (Barts). UKCAT 750. Thank you. Good luck everybody.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Moo321
Yes.

Wait so on UCAS and everything are you a home student?
Original post by Moo321
Yes (Barts). UKCAT 750. Thank you. Good luck everybody.

When did you get the email?
Reply 1435
Original post by games211
Wait so on UCAS and everything are you a home student?

Yes. Home student. 12:15 - via email not track.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by games211
When did you get the email?

congrats !! wish I had 20ish more points...
Reply 1437
Hopefully you will get an interview. Good luck everybody.
Original post by Moo321
Hopefully you will get an interview. Good luck everybody.

good luck
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tee Logan x
Yeah sure it's L, what about you?

Mine's G.

I think it is just a matter of getting round to my application. Wouldn't be surprised if I received my rejection within the next few weeks.
I think I'm getting hopeful over nothing :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending