The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anxious Owl
Mine's G.

I think it is just a matter of getting round to my application. Wouldn't be surprised if I received my rejection within the next few weeks.
I think I'm getting hopeful over nothing :redface:

Its hopefully only till 23rd so we can breathe a little not next few weeks :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hello101
Its hopefully only till 23rd so we can breathe a little not next few weeks :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah, it was mentioned somewhere that they were closed over Christmas and open again later...

But I'm still going to expect a rejection either way (I think I've accepted it now). Good luck to everyone else!
Reply 1442
Oh yeah, it was mentioned somewhere that they were closed over Christmas and open again later...

But I'm still going to expect a rejection either way (I think I've accepted it now). Good luck to everyone else!

My son got an interview by email from Barts at 1:24PM today.
His first name starts with K and Last name starts M.

Good luck every one.
Original post by deep05

Good luck every one.

Undergrad?
Reply 1444
Original post by Moo321
Yes (Barts). UKCAT 750. Thank you. Good luck everybody.

They're not moving down the UKCAT scores then, as I am a grad applicant applying to A100 and my UKCAT score is 757.5, and I haven't received an interview yet.

U and me both

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let us wallow in our own self pity. :wink:

What are your other choices? I've applied to Leciester (had an interview), Notts (1#) and Sheffield.
Reply 1447
Original post by Tee Logan x
Undergrad?

Yes.
Let us wallow in our own self pity. :wink:

What are your other choices? I've applied to Leciester (had an interview), Notts (1#) and Sheffield.

Lol i agree
Kcl 5 yea ... barts n barts ( 4+ 5 yea but not looking likely ... Soton - they have interviewed 1/3 of candidates all ova 800 so unlikely....
There i was in july thinking my uckat was good and i am being conservative with my choices... ... Ohh how did Leicester interview go ? For 4 yea or 5 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW :biggrin:
Irish applicant,

UKCAT :700
UCAS TARIFF: 585 (I think)

Couldn't be happier!
got an interview :smile:
international applicant (IB)

UKCAT: 692,5
UCAS tariff: 589
Lol i agree
Kcl 5 yea ... barts n barts ( 4+ 5 yea but not looking likely ... Soton - they have interviewed 1/3 of candidates all ova 800 so unlikely....
There i was in july thinking my uckat was good and i am being conservative with my choices... ... Ohh how did Leicester interview go ? For 4 yea or 5 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for the 5 year course :smile:
Let's just say that it wasn't incredible but it wasn't a total disaster either. I think I tend to over-focus on the negatives and forget the positives? But yeah, it was okay, but the verbal reasoning was hellish.

I get what you mean by feeling really good about the UKCAT! I was so proud to get that result but I suppose they've got to set a boundary somewhere and there are so many brilliant applicants.

How are you feeling in general about your application for all 4 Unis this year? I'm counting on Notts and Shef to pull through for me because their interviews are much more traditional, whereas Leicester was MMI.
Original post by TheBarberShop
JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW :biggrin:
Irish applicant,

UKCAT :700
UCAS TARIFF: 585 (I think)

Couldn't be happier!

Aw, well done!
Aw, well done!

Congrats to all you guys,, but can i be honest some of the stats aren't even as high as those who have been rejected ?
Also..I see why they are interviewing international applicants first...Oh well
Im looking forward to seeing what the UKCAT of grads who are accepted for interview are?
Original post by deep05

Good luck every one.

international applicant ?
I applied for the 5 year course :smile:
Let's just say that it wasn't incredible but it wasn't a total disaster either. I think I tend to over-focus on the negatives and forget the positives? But yeah, it was okay, but the verbal reasoning was hellish.

I get what you mean by feeling really good about the UKCAT! I was so proud to get that result but I suppose they've got to set a boundary somewhere and there are so many brilliant applicants.

How are you feeling in general about your application for all 4 Unis this year? I'm counting on Notts and Shef to pull through for me because their interviews are much more traditional, whereas Leicester was MMI.

Well kcl i spoke like a cave man literally they were a litlle frustrated ;-(
No hope for 4 year programs ;
Only QM LEFT. Which is jus ridiculous 2 be honest .. I agree with them having to set a cut off but i would choose the leicester and Warwick approaches for selecting candidates ... I don like tem having a cut off because then it creates borderline candidates ( which will aleays be the case)... U can reject them coz thr fell 1 point below the borderline... What warwick and leicester do means that 1 bordelrline candidates are viewed equally an second coz of their overall scoring... So if ur overall total was 1 less than the cut off means generally its a lot more than 1 because there are many factors being accounted for .... Though small cases of true borderline will always exist

I am sure u have done well for MMI
... Did u apply 4 yea at nots ? Bristol ... I am sure u will get an interview...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1456
Original post by caoimhi_n
got an interview :smile:
international applicant (IB)

UKCAT: 692,5
UCAS tariff: 589

With what letter does your name and surname begin with ?? So i can see if interviews are sent out alphabetically !! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Conaura
With what letter does your name and surname begin with ?? So i can see if interviews are sent out alphabetically !! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

first name d, surname h.

I think they're being sent to non-UK applicants first as i got sent a list of dates and get to choose which one i can attend!
Reply 1458
Interview invitation at 15:46

EU Reapplicant,
UKCAT: 802.5
UCAS Tariff: 654
Initials: M. L.

Cheers and good luck everyone!
Reply 1459
Original post by TheBarberShop
first name d, surname h.

I think they're being sent to non-UK applicants first as i got sent a list of dates and get to choose which one i can attend!

Thanks !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending