The Student Room Group

A2 psychology b revision thread

Hey all :biggrin: ,
I thought it was about time someone started a revision thread for spec B! Just somewhere to go to post notes, revision tips, questions etc.
Basically, I just need to know if there's anyone out there who is taking spec B lol! I feel all alone with this, everyone seems to be taking spec A!:no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sarahcheryl_
Hey all :biggrin: ,
I thought it was about time someone started a revision thread for spec B! Just somewhere to go to post notes, revision tips, questions etc.
Basically, I just need to know if there's anyone out there who is taking spec B lol! I feel all alone with this, everyone seems to be taking spec A!:no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

B is pretty neglected but aren't the question styles near enough the same just different AO1 content?
What units are you doing? :call:
Reply 2
Original post by kk_15
B is pretty neglected but aren't the question styles near enough the same just different AO1 content?
What units are you doing? :call:

Hey,
Yes I think so. I'm home studying so I'm just trying to find someone else who is taking spec B to swap notes with etc. I can't find many websites that are useful for this spec either :confused:
For unit 3 I'm doing Moral Development, Substance Abuse and Forensic Psychology.
Unit 4 is Approaches, Debates and Methods so I'm pretty much ok with that.
Are you studying spec A?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey,
Yes I think so. I'm home studying so I'm just trying to find someone else who is taking spec B to swap notes with etc. I can't find many websites that are useful for this spec either :confused:
For unit 3 I'm doing Moral Development, Substance Abuse and Forensic Psychology.
Unit 4 is Approaches, Debates and Methods so I'm pretty much ok with that.
Are you studying spec A?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately yes.
May I reccomend some websites for you to check out?
Not sure if they cover Spec B but I use them and it's worth a shot!

www.psychteacher.co.uk
www.psychlotron.org.uk
www.psych4a.com

And I found this thread for you! Even though it's old :redface:
www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1670020

Hope this helps! Good luck. :hide:
Reply 4
Original post by kk_15
Unfortunately yes.
May I reccomend some websites for you to check out?
Not sure if they cover Spec B but I use them and it's worth a shot!

www.psychteacher.co.uk
www.psychlotron.org.uk
www.psych4a.com

And I found this thread for you! Even though it's old :redface:
www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1670020

Hope this helps! Good luck. :hide:

Ahhh that's great, thank you for showing me these! :biggrin: I will check them out now.
Good luck with yours too! Which topics do you cover?
Reply 5
I'm doing AQA Psychology spec B!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing Spec B as well :smile:
Reply 7
At last!! :biggrin: what topics have you chosen?
Ahhh that's great, thank you for showing me these! :biggrin: I will check them out now.
Good luck with yours too! Which topics do you cover?

For A, wer'e doing Sleep, Eating Behaviours and Aggression.
Reply 9
In spec B we're doing Schizophrenia & Mood Disorders, Forensic Psychology and Cognitive Psychology!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Student_27
In spec B we're doing Schizophrenia & Mood Disorders, Forensic Psychology and Cognitive Psychology!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aren't you doing child development?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by sunnysideup12
I'm doing Spec B as well :smile:

Hey, which topics have you chosen for unit 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Hi, You beat me to it! I was about to create a thread for AQA A2 psychology B too:rolleyes:. I'm doing Schizophrenia and Mood Disorders, Forensic Psychology and Child Development. It is so hard to find revision note anywhere that is tailored to AQA B and even when I stumble across one they lack detail. Does anybody know any useful revision sources apart from S-cool?
Reply 13
Hey I am doing B also, really hard to find others that do it and revision notes
Unit 3 topic I do is cognition and law child development and forsenic psychology
Yeah I am doing child development too! Anyone want to revise together?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by SheriB
Hi, You beat me to it! I was about to create a thread for AQA A2 psychology B too:rolleyes:. I'm doing Schizophrenia and Mood Disorders, Forensic Psychology and Child Development. It is so hard to find revision note anywhere that is tailored to AQA B and even when I stumble across one they lack detail. Does anybody know any useful revision sources apart from S-cool?

Hey :biggrin:,
Yeah I thought it was about time there was somewhere for us to post!
I'm doing Moral Development, Forensic Psychology and Substance Abuse. Which Child Development topic have you chosen? How are you finding it so far?I've found these websites:
http://www.getrevising.co.uk
http://www.psychlotron.org.uk
http://www.resourcd.com/@psychexchange/
Reply 16
Original post by Ahassan392
Hey I am doing B also, really hard to find others that do it and revision notes
Unit 3 topic I do is cognition and law child development and forsenic psychology

Hey,
Yeah it is really difficult to find resources. There has been some links posted on this thread. Hope you will find them useful :-)
Reply 18
Hey :biggrin:,
Yeah I thought it was about time there was somewhere for us to post!
I'm doing Moral Development, Forensic Psychology and Substance Abuse. Which Child Development topic have you chosen? How are you finding it so far?I've found these websites:
http://www.getrevising.co.uk
http://www.psychlotron.org.uk
http://www.resourcd.com/@psychexchange/

I'm doing Cognitive Development. I find it so confusing:frown: (information processing theory and the nativist approach are horrible) and I have a mock next week for the whole of PSYB3 I probably shouldn't have left my revision till so late:colondollar:. Thanks for the sites I'll check them out.
Forensic Psychology seems to be the easiest so far. What do you guys think for your modules?
Original post by SheriB
I'm doing Cognitive Development. I find it so confusing:frown: (information processing theory and the nativist approach are horrible) and I have a mock next week for the whole of PSYB3 I probably shouldn't have left my revision till so late:colondollar:. Thanks for the sites I'll check them out.
Forensic Psychology seems to be the easiest so far. What do you guys think for your modules?

I absolutely detest the information processing thing and the nativist approach! Ugh they're horrible!!

Hm I'm not sure which I find easiest! Forensic Psychology is okay but we haven't finished the topic yet!

I'm absolutely dreading my mock! It's in real exam conditions too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending