Reply 4
Sunderland Uni
PGCE Secondary and A-Level
Business
Reply 5
School Direct Salaried
Primary
Outer London Borough

If anyone has any questions about the SD interview I'll be happy to tell you about my experience x
Reply 6
Primary PGCE at Winchester. Got offered a place through clearing at the start of September but for various reasons I wasn't ready to start the course so soon after the offer, so they very kindly let me defer until 2014.
Reply 7
PGCE Primary 5-11 at Derby :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by bellylaugh
School Direct Salaried
Primary
Outer London Borough

If anyone has any questions about the SD interview I'll be happy to tell you about my experience x

Well done on your place - you must be over the moon.

I would love to hear about your SD interview as I have also applied for SDS (but only recently put in my application as one of my referees dragged their feet). Also, how much experience in schools do you have? It would be interesting to know what kind of candidates they are looking for.

Thank you!
Reply 9
PGCE primary 5-11 Brighton uni! Woo!
Original post by snowflake99
Well done on your place - you must be over the moon.

I would love to hear about your SD interview as I have also applied for SDS (but only recently put in my application as one of my referees dragged their feet). Also, how much experience in schools do you have? It would be interesting to know what kind of candidates they are looking for.

Thank you!

Yeah I'm completely over the moon, and gobsmacked! I didn't apply for any PGCE routes with a uni, so I don't have any experience of other interviews to compare mine against but the structure was as follows:
- group discussion (about 15 mins)
- numeracy and literacy test (20 mins)
- presentation to a panel of teachers (10 mins)
- story reading/discussion with a class (Year 1 or Year 2)

They didn't really ask me about my work experience in schools but I currently volunteer one day a week at my local primary school.
Good luck with your application!
(edited 10 years ago)
That's really informative - thank you! Now you can relax and enjoy Christmas :-)
Original post by snowflake99
That's really informative - thank you! Now you can relax and enjoy Christmas :-)

If by 'relax' you mean 'drink your own body weight in gin' then yes, I shall be 'relaxing' a lot! :biggrin:
Reply 13
Just found out today by telephone then an email that I have a school direct salaried place for September 14. So happy and proud. I also today have received another interview for another school direct salaried route but now thinking there isn't any point as I have a place and really happy with the school and the training provider.
I am a TA for the last 5 years in a primary school. So have lots of experience. But only completed my degree last year.
Can't wait for the challenge! So looking forward to it all!
Reply 14
One more thing, My only issue is its not been put on my ucas application yet that I've been offered a place. Has anyone else who's been offered a place not been updated on ucas!? Thanks
Original post by Saffy07
One more thing, My only issue is its not been put on my ucas application yet that I've been offered a place. Has anyone else who's been offered a place not been updated on ucas!? Thanks

Yes I've been offered a place too and it's not on UCAS yet but I'm not too worried, just think that these things can take time!
Reply 16
PGCE Primary at IoE.

They've given me 10 working days (from the date of their offer - i.e. yesterday) to accept. But I'm still waiting for my other 2 choices to get back to me after interviews! I thought you could only reply 10 working days from receiving your LAST offer? Confused! :/
Reply 17
Original post by spspsp
PGCE Primary at IoE.

They've given me 10 working days (from the date of their offer - i.e. yesterday) to accept. But I'm still waiting for my other 2 choices to get back to me after interviews! I thought you could only reply 10 working days from receiving your LAST offer? Confused! :/

No I haven't been asked to to accept or not. Was told I have been successful and paperwork will be sent out sometime after the new year so I'm assuming there may be something to sign to accept but before then I think I am able to go to any other interviews.
Reply 18
they emailed me a letter dated yesterday. at the bottom of the letter it says this:

You must confirm acceptance of your place through UTT within 10 working days of this letter.
Reply 19
Original post by spspsp
they emailed me a letter dated yesterday. at the bottom of the letter it says this:

You must confirm acceptance of your place through UTT within 10 working days of this letter.

No sorry I didn't get anything like that. I was told I was successful and there was no mention of accepting or not. I obviously do accept and did thank them but I've not had anything on my application online to accept either so its not actually official until it goes through ucas. Well that's my opinion. I'd rather get asked to accept that way I'm certain and not thinking about other interviews.

Latest

Trending

Trending