The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Assassinn
Same position as me except I'm waiting on Kings College. I would dread having to move away if Kings decline me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm moving away either way so it's whether I want to do politics at Glasgow (which I prefer as a uni) or PPE at Manchester which might be a better course

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 861
Original post by Arsenal121
Anyone else applied for maths and actuarial science?

Me :smile:
Original post by aliakhan
hey :biggrin: im not sure about the applicant day for law students but there is an open day for law undergraduate study in june - same as all subjects I guess? :tongue: I just wanted to let u know that I've firmed UoM for Law LLB as well as insured UoM for Law with criminology too!!!:colondollar::colondollar:

That's so far away! Im just going to go to one of their informal open days. Omg well done! I have all my offers, but I think im going to firm Birmingham with Manchester or Leicester as insurance. When you choose your firm, do you have to pick your insurance at the same time? :smile:
Reply 863
Original post by Faye_m
Me :smile:

Me too! I found out today I have an interview on 5th march. Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 864
Original post by Rs396
Me too! I found out today I have an interview on 5th march. Have you heard anything yet?

Yes I had my interview and the following day I got an offer :smile: just need an A in maths already have the rest...
Reply 865
Original post by ItsJustMe17
That's so far away! Im just going to go to one of their informal open days. Omg well done! I have all my offers, but I think im going to firm Birmingham with Manchester or Leicester as insurance. When you choose your firm, do you have to pick your insurance at the same time? :smile:

Ahh thanks :smile: when u open the ucas track system , all you have to do is click on the button that says 'reply to offers' then u will be directed to another page where you will first have to pick ur firm choice then click on proceed, then another page will come up asking u to pick an insurance choice nd u will have to repeat the process once more, then that it :tongue: I hope you love in whichever uni u choose to go to as well as enjoy studying law :colondollar:
Reply 866
Original post by Faye_m
Yes I had my interview and the following day I got an offer :smile: just need an A in maths already have the rest...

Omg really? What was the interview like? I'm a bit worried because mine is so far away haha.
Reply 867
Got a Conditional offer of BBB ( Maths, Phys, Biology) for the Engineering foundation year. I'm intending to leap onto the Mech Eng course right after it :smile:.
I'm pretty sure UoM is going to be my firm. Moving out of London for the first time so kinda nervous :P. Anyone else in the same situation?
Just been given an offer (after an interview) to study Drama! So happy. Entry requirements AAB. :eek::h:
Original post by rnorfolk1
Hello, has anyone else got an interview for Drama on the 13th of November?? Im not sure what to expect!! I've applied for joint honours English and Drama and the interview is mainly for the Drama side of things, but the interview day which includes a talk and a tour has talks for english and drama applicants.

Cant find anyone on the student forum talking about Drama interviews!

They also emailed me and asked for my A level certificates because i have already achieved my grades- is this normal? I assumed Universities go to your school to get that sort of thing???

Also - they emailed me directly for the interview, and nothing came up on Track.

Im very happy that I have an interview, i'm just a bit perplexed by all of it!

Have you heard back from them yet? I have an offer for Drama. I found the interview process quite fun! They all seemed lovely :smile:
Original post by AR_95
Got a Conditional offer of BBB ( Maths, Phys, Biology) for the Engineering foundation year. I'm intending to leap onto the Mech Eng course right after it :smile:.
I'm pretty sure UoM is going to be my firm. Moving out of London for the first time so kinda nervous :P. Anyone else in the same situation?
Yeah also moving out of London, will defo miss it. Either moving to Birmingham or Manchester/Leicester. :smile:
Original post by AR_95

I'm from Manchester and am firming Manchester, so not the same position but it is really a great friendly city I'm sure you'll love it!
Reply 872
I've just had an offer for physics :biggrin:
Reply 873
Original post by Rs396
Omg really? What was the interview like? I'm a bit worried because mine is so far away haha.

If u have an interview they basically want u! It's really informal. Just dress smart casual and be polite and brush up on some basic maths! But I mean like know each topic kind of and u will be fine! I screwed up my question but still got an offer
Reply 874
I got an offer for French and History of Art today - ABB :biggrin:
Original post by AR_95

I'm moving out of london also! I'm definitely gonna firm manchester! I'm excited but nervous at the same time, manchester is pretty far away..
Is anyone planning on studying sociology at Manchester??
Reply 877
Is biology chemistry psychology and economics ok for medicine at manchester or anywhere for that matter? I'm only in high school but am choosing college courses and need some reassurance as i want to study medicine but dont want to do physics or maths with bio and chem?
Reply 878
Original post by philosophyjunkie
I'm moving out of london also! I'm definitely gonna firm manchester! I'm excited but nervous at the same time, manchester is pretty far away..

Nice, where are you moving from and what are you studying, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by adamearny
Is biology chemistry psychology and economics ok for medicine at manchester or anywhere for that matter? I'm only in high school but am choosing college courses and need some reassurance as i want to study medicine but dont want to do physics or maths with bio and chem?

Hi, you can find a full list of medicine A Level requirements here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/medical_school_a_level_requirements and GCSE entry requirements here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_GCSE_Requirements and some more general info here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/medicine

I'd also suggest you make your way over to the medicine forum - it's an excellent (award winning!) resource http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=195

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending