The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Is studying at Oxford Brookes awkward?

When you tell people you go to Oxford..........Brookes it must get kinda awkward.
Its a good university.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
haha I had people at my school who went there and went around telling everyone they were going to Oxford :curious:
Original post by enceladus
haha I had people at my school who went there and went around telling everyone they were going to Oxford :curious:

That's just sad.
Original post by Dress up more
Its a good university.

It's mediocre at best.
Original post by adamsmithqm
It's mediocre at best.

Depends on the subject, compared to Oxford.. its pale in comparison. But compared to say.. Durham it is good.
Reply 6
at least its better than going London Met
Grow up. It's only awkward if you're 13.
Reply 8
Brookes is renowned to be one of the best 'new' universities- from my (ancient, posh, public) school, it is probably the place outside of Russell Group where we send the most people.
Beautiful location and campus too
Reply 9
Original post by adamsmithqm
That's just sad.

True that. I'm sure its an alright place to go though.

Shame people care so much about appearances.
Yeah... if you're talking to a snob.
Reply 11
Well considering most people only get into Oxford because they have a blue blooded name and give hefty donations, I'd say not awkward.
Original post by ddtown
Well considering most people only get into Oxford because they have a blue blooded name and give hefty donations, I'd say not awkward.

That's really not how it works.

Oxford has sunk millions of pounds into getting the brightest people to apply, regardless of background. They don't do this for their own amusement, you know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ddtown

Nope.
Reply 14
Original post by Origami Bullets
That's really not how it works.

Oxford has sunk millions of pounds into getting the brightest people to apply, regardless of background. They don't do this for their own amusement, you know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, but why let facts get in the way of an opinion, no matter how moronic it is? :lol:
I'm at Brookes. It's not awkward. Why would it be?
It's not awkward, as long as you don't try and make it sound like you go Oxford.
Reply 17
Indeed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending