The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Have any internationals received offers so far this week ?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 3381
Original post by comebackasfire7

Nope I think all the offers yesterday were UK applicants? Hopefully :frown:
'Dear Charlie,

I am pleased to tell you that our Admissions Selector has decided to offer you a place to study BSc in Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method at LSE!'

HELLL YEAHHHH WOOOOO
Original post by ehrmantraut
'Dear Charlie,

I am pleased to tell you that our Admissions Selector has decided to offer you a place to study BSc in Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method at LSE!'

HELLL YEAHHHH WOOOOO

Congratulations, i take it you jut received the message?
Reply 3384
'Dear Charlie,

HELLL YEAHHHH WOOOOO

Congratulations :congrats:.Thats gr8 news.
Reply 3385
Original post by deatheater4134
Got a conditional for Law at LSE yesterday. Anyone know what the girls are like?

Congrats! Are you a UK applicant? When did you submit your application/How far into your "strongest applicant" email were you?
Reply 3386
'Dear Charlie,

HELLL YEAHHHH WOOOOO

At what time did you get it?
Original post by Sun_Bear
Congratulations, i take it you jut received the message?

thanks! yeah at 9.58am (GMT) :biggrin:
Are you intl ?
'Dear Charlie,

HELLL YEAHHHH WOOOOO

Hiya, did you get this today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3390
Original post by comebackasfire7

I'm an international applicant and got mine on thursday :smile:
Original post by BeatTheBox
Did you get it right now???

Got an email from UCAS last night at 6:30, confirmation email from LSE this morning.

Original post by IceKidd
How far into ur5 week emails were you and when did u send ur ucas off and what are your grades?

Sorry for all the questions but im waiting on a reply for maths with economics still

I had a 4 week email, and I'd passed that deadline (was supposed to hear last Friday). Sent my UCAS off in September and 13 A* GCSEs, all As at AS, already have an A* in maths and predicated 5 A*s at A-Level.
Original post by lynutshell
oh my god, i hope no email comes in today....

did anyone hear about stats with finance??

still nothing.. i dont know of many other people on this thread who have applied for it
when did you apply? :smile:
Reply 3393
So I called LSE today regarding my application for Law. It has already been 8 weeks since my five week e-mail and I wanted an update. They said that, unfortunately, they were still reviewing my application and would get back to me in the new year. 30 min. after I rang I got the 'one of the strongest' e-mails from them. Argghhhhhhh. Clearly stalling. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I am a mature student. Anyhow, congrats to everyone with an offer!
Reply 3394
Just got rejected for social policy and economics, 10 weeks after my 5 week email.

I thought I'd be sad but LSE were pissing me off so much with their inability to stick to their deadlines that I had decided I didn't want to go there anymore anyway :biggrin:

GCSEs 6A* 4A B, AS AAA + self taught B + EPQ, A2 predictions A*A*AA, lots of extra curricular and very good work experience, applied 4th October.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by hassamalam
hey can anybody tell my chances for economics with 5A* 2A in gcse(maths, eco business, accounts, islamiat and then Pak studied -english
and 4 As in AS level but with combination of ECO, Business,Maths, Accounts. Had a gud PS as well. Thanks in advance.:s-smilie:

I had more or less the same at GCSE and AS. So you've got a chance, although what might hold you back is your subject choice. I'm not sure if LSE like Business and Accounting.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3396
Original post by thinkthings
I was also exactly 8 weeks past my five-week email for law today and also just received that email. I'm quite pleased actually, as I was beginning to think I would receive no updates before Christmas. Someone was just rejected (saw it on twitter) so I'm inclined to think LSE will be going through mini rejection spree today to match yesterday's offer spree. The email is better than nothing and is definitely better than a rejection!

You're right, it's def. better than a rejection. Are you also a mature student? I have this feeling that, at best, they'll ask me to come in and sit the UGAA exam.
Rejected for Maths and Economics, then again I already have an offer for Economics so not that much bothered but it would have been nice to have had all 5 offers so I could blag about it on Facebook and Twitter.
This rejection wave is making me extremely tense.
Just got a rejection for IR...no email from LSE yet, just a ucas notification.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending