The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by norah_bellefleur
Just got a rejection for IR...no email from LSE yet, just a ucas notification.

Crap I've applied for that. Sorry to hear! Also feeling very nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by norah_bellefleur
Just got a rejection for IR...no email from LSE yet, just a ucas notification.

Omg, getting sooooo worried now 😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offer from Bsc Management :wink: i was shouting out loud omg :smile: lse must be in a pretty good mood these days to give loads of offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3403
Original post by buzfail
Just got rejected for social policy and economics, 10 weeks after my 5 week email.

I thought I'd be sad but LSE were pissing me off so much with their inability to stick to their deadlines that I had decided I didn't want to go there anymore anyway :biggrin:

GCSEs 6A* 4A B, AS AAA + self taught B + EPQ, A2 predictions A*A*AA, lots of extra curricular and very good work experience, applied 4th October.

Wanna shake hands with you. I got rejection 10mins ago. I applied same course SOCIAL POLICY AND ECONOMICS.
T_T T_T T_T
Anyway, I believe they lost a good student!
Reply 3404
Rejected from Management with a 43 points in IB (777 in HL Math, Econs, Physics) and 8A* 1A 1B in IGCSE.
Reply 3405
Original post by Law-Hopeful
I am literally in the exact same situation! I am 8 weeks past my 5 week email and they emailed me today saying I should hear in the next few weeks after Christmas, then half an hour later they sent me the '4 week' email.

Best of luck! :smile:

are you a mature student? If so, where are you studying right now?
Original post by Loretta_8
Offer from Bsc Management :wink: i was shouting out loud omg :smile: lse must be in a pretty good mood these days to give loads of offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!!!! Did you get that just now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UiUcAnh
Got an offer for Maths with Econ XDDD

Congratulations! May I know what were your grades like?
Reply 3408
Original post by zzzqqq
Wanna shake hands with you. I got rejection 10mins ago. I applied same course SOCIAL POLICY AND ECONOMICS.
T_T T_T T_T
Anyway, I believe they lost a good student!

Lost TWO good students! Sucks to be them.
Rejection for maths & econ, knew it was going to happen.
Reply 3410
Original post by Law-Hopeful
I am literally in the exact same situation! I am 8 weeks past my 5 week email and they emailed me today saying I should hear in the next few weeks after Christmas, then half an hour later they sent me the '4 week' email.

Best of luck! :smile:

Same position!
Also eight weeks past the email and just got the four week one today. Note that I'm an international applicant not holding UK qualifications.
Just got the 4 week email for law same as the guys above!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3412
Aw yay just got the bull**** template email saying my statement didn't show sufficient interest.

They must think we're stupid if they think they can send us all an identical reason for our rejections and we won't notice. They could at least have 3 or 4 different templates ready to make it ever so slightly less disrespectful.

I know I sound bitter, I'm not upset about the rejection just the so-called reason for it. You'd think they could take 2 minutes to write a more useful response but they're probably too busy not sticking to their deadlines.
Rejected for IR today. Disappointing but life goes on. Hopefully get an offer from Kings so I have a chance of studying in London.

EDIT - Found out my PS wasn't "sufficiently compelling as other applicants" despite being "Well qualified".
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3414
Rejected for social policy with government. So disappointed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NedStark
I had more or less the same at GCSE and AS. So you've got a chance, although what might hold you back is your subject choice. I'm not sure of LSE like Business and Accounting.

Just got rejected, saying my personal statement didnt show high level of intrest.
Rejected for law because of my ps wasn't good enough :frown:

Sucks that they rejected me even before receiving all the applications :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3417
Original post by buzfail
Aw yay just got the bull**** template email saying my statement didn't show sufficient interest.

They must think we're stupid if they think they can send us all an identical reason for our rejections and we won't notice. They could at least have 3 or 4 different templates ready to make it ever so slightly less disrespectful.

I know I sound bitter, I'm not upset about the rejection just the so-called reason for it. You'd think they could take 2 minutes to write a more useful response but they're probably too busy not sticking to their deadlines.

Bro I am sorry to hear that. Its just stupid to reject people on the basis of PS. Its very subjective.
Did you apply for Social policy and economics? That course has 170 applicants for 4 places, its insanely competitive.
Just got an email just basically telling me that my application is still under assessment and to add 2 weeks to my deadline :| im happy as **** that its not a rejection, but i was sorta expecting a decision by today :/
Original post by youraveragestudent
Just got an email just basically telling me that my application is still under assessment and to add 2 weeks to my deadline :| im happy as **** that its not a rejection, but i was sorta expecting a decision by today :/

I got the exact same email, was 4 weeks into my 7 week email. Applied to BSc Economics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending