The Student Room Group

Are africans more promiscuous?

I've No idea where this comes from or who fed this image that promiscuous african males have strings of sexual female partners, is it a myth and why are they if they indeed are? How long is a piece of string?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Awkward..
Reply 2
Do you think this might be about Black American culture rather than Black people as a race?

You do know that Black people are from different areas of the world and have different cultures within that don't you?

Honestly, the ignorance astounds me. It's likening White British culture to White Italian or German culture.
Original post by Eveiebaby
Do you think this might be about Black American culture rather than Black people as a race?

You do know that Black people are from different areas of the world and have different cultures within that don't you?

Honestly, the ignorance astounds me. It's likening White British culture to White Italian or German culture.

true dat.
Reply 4
Apparently, Somalia has one of the highest rates of rape in the world so maybe there's some truth in the OP theory.
Reply 5
dumb question.

That proper annoys me, people will see Black Americans doing stuff then they will think Black British people do the same thing :s-smilie:.
Reply 7
Original post by bluemax
Apparently, Somalia has one of the highest rates of rape in the world so maybe there's some truth in the OP theory.

I know you're just saying that to be provocative, but even if that made somalians more provocative (which it doesnt) - Somalians are one country of many that are majority ethnically african. One country doesnt speak for the whole population

This thread is just going to spiral out of control. It should be shut down.
Reply 8
Original post by Kruz
That proper annoys me, people will see Black Americans doing stuff then they will think Black British people do the same thing :s-smilie:.

People will see Black Americans doing things and assume all Black Americans are the same :s-smilie:.
Reply 9
Original post by Kruz

And even then there are Black Nigerians, Black Trinidadians, Aborigines (which call themselves black apparently)...the list goes on. It really annoys me when we are lumped together and we are subject to group expectations regardless of nationality and culture.
Reply 10

Black males [AS A RACE] produce higher levels of testosterone. Some figures show they produce 19% more than white males. This has a direct effect on libido.

Young Black males have higher levels of active testosterone than European and Asian males. Asian levels are intermediate to Blacks and Whites, but Asians have lower levels of a chemical needed to convert testosterone to its active agent, so effectively they have lower levels. Androgen receptor sensitivity is highest in Black men, intermediate in Whites and lowest in Asians.US Blacks have the highest rate of prostate cancer on Earth, and the levels in African Blacks may be just as high.

If this could explain or contribute to a higher sexual promiscuity in human sexual behaviour is up for debate.
Original post by MRNO
Black males [AS A RACE] produce higher levels of testosterone. Some figures show they produce 19% more than white males. This has a direct effect on libido.

Young Black males have higher levels of active testosterone than European and Asian males. Asian levels are intermediate to Blacks and Whites, but Asians have lower levels of a chemical needed to convert testosterone to its active agent, so effectively they have lower levels. Androgen receptor sensitivity is highest in Black men, intermediate in Whites and lowest in Asians.US Blacks have the highest rate of prostate cancer on Earth, and the levels in African Blacks may be just as high.

If this could explain or contribute to a higher sexual promiscuity in human sexual behaviour is up for debate.

Even if black men have more testosterone than men of other ethnicities, testosterone doesn't always manifest itself in the same way (i.e libido) - because if it were true, Black men would all be really hairy (ONE of the ways testosterone manifests is in body hair) but south asian and white men in general are FAR hairier. You do not know how testosterone manifests itself in an individual and so it's a huge leap of faith that there is any causal link.

Also to be promiscous doesn't it usually take 2 to tango? You can have the highest sex drive in ther world, but it doesnt mean by any stretch that you're going to be a hit with the ladies. African women - If you're talking 'born in the continent of africa' are often pretty religious and conservative in general. in fact in the UK, Black African women tend to be church going and usually hold negative opinions about fornication etc .

Whether the guys are successfully promiscuous or not depends on how good they are with women.

And sorry to point out the obvious - but the title makes no reference to the gender of the African involved, so OP are you saying that African born black men or women are more promiscuous? Or both? and what is the comparison with?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
lol no
I don't know why, but the thread title made me crack up :s-smilie:. In any case, I'd say the answer to the question is no.
I see this thread turning racist.
if they are, so what?

how do you even measure promiscuity?

I would that since Western cultures are more sexually open, the propensity for promiscuity is higher than in Africa, which even though it's a highly diverse continent generally is socially conservative. HIV/AIDS is higher there due to less pervasive contraception.
as for more sexual partners? er... no. Many African cultures don't practice polygamy.

Also, who says that promscuity is wrong? **** subjective thinking/morality, it's a free world, and people will act as they will..
Reply 17
Even if black men have more testosterone than men of other ethnicities, testosterone doesn't always manifest itself in the same way (i.e libido) - because if it were true, Black men would all be really hairy (ONE of the ways testosterone manifests is in body hair) but south asian and white men in general are FAR hairier. You do not know how testosterone manifests itself in an individual and so it's a huge leap of faith that there is any causal link.

Also to be promiscous doesn't it usually take 2 to tango? You can have the highest sex drive in ther world, but it doesnt mean by any stretch that you're going to be a hit with the ladies. African women - If you're talking 'born in the continent of africa' are often pretty religious and conservative in general. in fact in the UK, Black African women tend to be church going and usually hold negative opinions about fornication etc .

Whether the guys are successfully promiscuous or not depends on how good they are with women.

And sorry to point out the obvious - but the title makes no reference to the gender of the African involved, so OP are you saying that African born black men or women are more promiscuous? Or both? and what is the comparison with?

I did say it was up for debate how much the testosterone versus how much culture plays a role.
One of the things that separate us from creatures like wasps and mosquitoes whose breeding habits have been well-studied is because sometimes our desire to mate goes beyond the mere mechanical act of breeding: There is the pleasure motive too. Some would still argue that humans are the only ‘animals’ who would have sex just for the sake of it. Although the googolplexity of the populations of countries like China and India does indicate that the Chinese and Indians may just as well be horizontally-inclined as Africans, Africans have for long been seen as rabbitily overbreeding, a notion which has for long carried with it the overtones of sexual laxity. Nigeria will see the highest increase in its under-18 population of any country, adding 31 million children, a rise of 41%, between 2010 and 2025," a study shows. To most people, this is the familiar Africa, a place of large families and high fertility, a continent in which societies are under extreme stress and where the young massively outnumber the old.

Naturally produced testosterone plays a very important role in the metabolism, sex drive, muscle building, mood regulation, memory and cognitive functions. Lowered testosterone is a chronic epidemic that is threatening lives all around the world. Boost your testosterone levels naturally through healthy lifestyle measures.

Testosterone is an anabolic steroid hormone that plays a critical role in metabolism, sex drive, muscle building, mood regulation, memory and cognitive functions. Normal testosterone levels help maintain optimal weight as well as reduce risks of degenerative diseases such as osteoporosis, heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers.
Yes we are
/
Thread done
Original post by theoferdinand
Yes we are
/
Thread done

Lol speak for yourself I'm certainly not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending