The Student Room Group

Midwifery 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Has anyone heard back from liverpool jm, Chester, keele, Birmingham city, or Salford. I sent my application off a while ago and still not heard back from anyone yet!!
Original post by Olbutler
Has anyone heard back from liverpool jm, Chester, keele, Birmingham city, or Salford. I sent my application off a while ago and still not heard back from anyone yet!!

I got an interview from Birmingham City literally last night. I wouldn't worry though because it depends when you sent it and they also have loads of applications to sort through!:smile: Although, I know it's difficult not to get impatient when everyone else seems to be getting somewhere!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
I've got an interview at Manchester in January and am wondering if anyone knows what type of interview it is. Is anyone applying to Edinburgh Napier or heard from Nottingham?
Original post by ATobutt
I've got an interview at Manchester in January and am wondering if anyone knows what type of interview it is. Is anyone applying to Edinburgh Napier or heard from Nottingham?

I have interview from Nottingham..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by Herrington_x
I have interview from Nottingham..

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you apply to them? I applied beginning of November and haven't heard yet
Original post by ATobutt
When did you apply to them? I applied beginning of November and haven't heard yet

15th November

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
15th November

I applied around the same time
Original post by ATobutt
I applied around the same time

Don't worry about it!:smile: They will get back to you soon I'm sure!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi just a little about me first, I already have a BSc in microbiology from Wolverhampton, but decided it's now time for me to move into midwifery, I turn 31 on Sunday and have two children, one 3 and the other 5 months. I applied early to bcu, wolves and Worcester, rejected from Worcester but had selection tests in November for wolves, I passed and have an interview in February. I haven't heard anything at all for bcu. I did weeks work experience in a labour ward and a couple of days in postnatal and antenatal ward, going to contact a community midwife and try to organise some work experience before February, I had two traumatic births one ending in emergency c section so had plenty of experience of the hospital and the way women feel in labour and how much care you need after a c section.

The thing is I remember at the wolves open day they said they had changed the way they interview, I remember something being said about a group interview as well as a 15 minute one to one.

Does anyone know more than me, and got any advice. I really want this and will do anything to get it now.
Reply 49
Hi, I only sent m application off in dec and BCU have already replied me saying i've been rejected so if they are taking long then they may be considering you.
Original post by Hanley 2113
hi just a little about me first, I already have a BSc in microbiology from Wolverhampton, but decided it's now time for me to move into midwifery, I turn 31 on Sunday and have two children, one 3 and the other 5 months. I applied early to bcu, wolves and Worcester, rejected from Worcester but had selection tests in November for wolves, I passed and have an interview in February. I haven't heard anything at all for bcu. I did weeks work experience in a labour ward and a couple of days in postnatal and antenatal ward, going to contact a community midwife and try to organise some work experience before February, I had two traumatic births one ending in emergency c section so had plenty of experience of the hospital and the way women feel in labour and how much care you need after a c section.

The thing is I remember at the wolves open day they said they had changed the way they interview, I remember something being said about a group interview as well as a 15 minute one to one.

Does anyone know more than me, and got any advice. I really want this and will do anything to get it now.

Group interviews look at your speaking and listening skills, that's what I got told at an open day at another university!

I haven't applied at Wolverhampton though so I'm not familiar with their interview process..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting rather impatient! Heard nothing from Plymouth or BCU and don't even know if I've passed my maths test at Cardiff! I hate the waiting
Reply 52
I sent my application to Salford uni and LJMU a while ago and still haven't heard anything back.
Reply 53
I've got an interview at Manchester on the 16th January and they mentioned at the taster day it would a group interview
Reply 54
Hi I'm Raziqa. I'm currently at college studying English Language, psychology and Applied science. I've applied for midwifery 2014 and have applied to:
Manchester
Salford
LJMU
and Edge Hill

I haven't heard back from any universities apart from Manchester where I have an interview on the 16th January.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
hey I got an interview at Liverpool John Moore's in February x
Reply 56
I got an interview from Birmingham City literally last night. I wouldn't worry though because it depends when you sent it and they also have loads of applications to sort through!:smile: Although, I know it's difficult not to get impatient when everyone else seems to be getting somewhere!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I have had an interview for Liverpool john moores for February x
Reply 57
Hello. My interview is at Liverpool on Wednesday!! So scared! Xx
Reply 58
Original post by ATobutt

i had an interview at manchester back in november... its a group interview with a maths and english test. its a really good day actually they're all lovely and make you feel really relaxed :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by MeganWx
Oh that's brilliant!! So happy for you! Were the questions hard?!
Im so nervous for mine!! Xxx

aww thank you, i'm so chuffed as it's my first choice so it's a massive weight off my shoulders! :smile:

the questions aren't what i'd call hard, you just need to make sure you're prepared and you should be able to answer anything. they don't throw anything unexpected at you! it's also a maths and english test which i found fine and i'm rubbish at maths normally!!

when is your interview? good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending