The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

where to stay next year if not sharing house with others?

i know most people move into a house with others, i dont really feel like doing that.

right now staying at st peters court, dunno where to go next year lol. Advise please? i prefer just having my own room to study and shared kitchen and own toilet/bathroom or shared not too fussy.

Thanks
Reply 1
You could stay on at SPC or Manor Villages/Opal/Riverside
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by mayashah52
You could stay on at SPC or Manor Villages/Opal/Riverside

i dont really want a place with a lot of freshers, do those places have a lot of freshers?
Reply 3
Original post by TimetoSucceed
i dont really want a place with a lot of freshers, do those places have a lot of freshers?

don't be too choosy.
If you are rich enough you can rent a flat or a single room somewhere around the uni
Reply 4
Original post by Aniaa
don't be too choosy.
If you are rich enough you can rent a flat or a single room somewhere around the uni

why cant i be choosy if im spending 4-5k on accomodation?

makes no sense
Reply 5

Manor Villages/Opal/Riverside don't have a lot of freshers
What about Broadgate Park? They do have a lot of freshers but they seperate returners into their own block so most of the people around you in your block/surrounding blocks will be 2nd years or above?
Reply 7
Original post by hannahlsmith
What about Broadgate Park? They do have a lot of freshers but they seperate returners into their own block so most of the people around you in your block/surrounding blocks will be 2nd years or above?

really? can anyone else confirm this

anyway, thanks a lot for the advise guys
Reply 8
Original post by mayashah52
Manor Villages/Opal/Riverside don't have a lot of freshers

btw do i need to book with a group for these places or can i book as an individual?
Reply 9
bump
Reply 10
I'm planning on staying in Riverside next year :smile: You don't have to book in a group (I'm not) if you're on your own. You choose which flat you want to be in once you've made an account with UNITE on their website. They tell you the gender, smoker/non-smoker and year of study of the people already booked into that flat.
Original post by chliara
I'm planning on staying in Riverside next year :smile: You don't have to book in a group (I'm not) if you're on your own. You choose which flat you want to be in once you've made an account with UNITE on their website. They tell you the gender, smoker/non-smoker and year of study of the people already booked into that flat.

thats cool mate thanks a lot
Yeah a lot of the off-campus halls have returning students in; the booking processes normally allow you to enter additional information so you could just state a preference to be with returning students rather than with freshers.

Other than that you're looking at 1 bed flats. There's quite a few of them around and not badly priced, just remember that you'll need to add utility bills on top :smile:
I'm in similar situation, I have a conditional offer, I;m 26 and don't want to do halls or shared housing, I;ve been doing that for past 6 years and that's enough. I've been looking for one bed apartments but only a few crop up anyone know any good sites?
really? can anyone else confirm this

anyway, thanks a lot for the advise guys

I can confirm this.
My friend is in Broadgate Park. He is third year and was put with non-freshers. However, the people he is with are quite a bit older than him (post-grads, I think.) The accommodation is quite nice though.
ok so i was thinking about nottingham one but apparantly it's very quiet and i'm not sure i want to seclude myself like that

basically i want to move somewhere where they will assign me random flatmates [like at spc] but don't really want a bunch of freshers and i'm 3 years older [took 2 years off education], so yeah.

Thinking maybe broadgate park?

also, somewhere closeby to xercise4less would be decent, which is why i was thinking Nottingham one, as i workout everyday
bump im confused what to do
Reply 17
I've stayed at Riverside Point this year: not a large amount of freshers, the flat's are nice, clean, safe, it has a common room with snooker table etc. Rooms are ensuite and mine is £99 a week. Subway/Newsagent/Pizzeria/Chip Shop a two minute walk up the road and it's within easy walking distance of UP aswell. I'd recommend giving it a look, ran by the same people as SPC.
Original post by Mcgr33vy
I've stayed at Riverside Point this year: not a large amount of freshers, the flat's are nice, clean, safe, it has a common room with snooker table etc. Rooms are ensuite and mine is £99 a week. Subway/Newsagent/Pizzeria/Chip Shop a two minute walk up the road and it's within easy walking distance of UP aswell. I'd recommend giving it a look, ran by the same people as SPC.

sounds very interesting man, do you know when the deadline could be before flats run out?

also whats the community like thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending