The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IShootLikeAGirl
Do people think that Durham or LSE have a better social scene? heard mixed stuff about both and gonna start trying to decide between them over xmas... also my thoughts are with those still waiting, i know how it feels and hope you all have a lovely xmas to take your mind off of it :smile:

I expect a rejection in the new year. Luckily I'm going to the Caribbean tomorrow so a)I don't be able to check emails/track too much b) I do have a nice distraction and get to see sunlight...I can't remember what that's like :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 3461
Original post by Nik13
/m
Congrats! When did you submit your application and how far into your "strongest application" email did you receive an offer? :smile:

I submitted my application on the 7th of October. The first correspondence I received was the two week email on the third week of October weeks. After that and it was only seven weeks later that I received the "strongest applicant" email. That was two weeks ago and now I have on offer. It's surreal!
Reply 3462
Rejected Maths and Econ :frown:
Reply 3463
Seems like IR applicants have to wait the longest.
Reply 3464
Original post by gouratiltzen
Very scary indeed.

I just received an email stating that they are still considering my application and will require an additional two weeks.

This is for IR. I feel lucky to avoid today's onslaught of IR rejections!

SAME HEREE :smile: I'm really happy considering that there were rejections given out to IR applicants and our holidays won't be ruined at least
Original post by lia3010
Seems like IR applicants have to wait the longest.

Agreed! I am still waiting :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lia3010
SAME HEREE :smile: I'm really happy considering that there were rejections given out to IR applicants and our holidays won't be ruined at least

:biggrin:! Still regretting my Cambridge interviews :wink:
Reply 3467
:biggrin:! Still regretting my Cambridge interviews :wink:

Have they gone so bad ?
Original post by lia3010
Have they gone so bad ?

Yep, very bad! So, hoping for LSE to rescue me :smile:
Reply 3469
Yep, very bad! So, hoping for LSE to rescue me :smile:

Yeah but you never know. There's always a glimmer of hope :smile:
Unfortunately I didn't even get the chance for an interview at Cambridge
Original post by lia3010
Yeah but you never know. There's always a glimmer of hope :smile:
Unfortunately I didn't even get the chance for an interview at Cambridge

That's too bad!
True, I'll just resign myself to the 25% chance based on the stats of the college i applied to.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by chriselle15
Rejected for Maths with Econ :frown:

Same here :console:
I received an offer from LSE for Law yesterday. I find it quite strange that I didn't even receive the 'amongst the strongest applicants' email. The final email they sent me prior to my offer stated:

'I am happy to tell you that your application is strong enough to be considered further by the Admissions Selector for the LLB in Laws programme.'

Regardless, I am so happy to have received an offer. Good luck to all others waiting with bated breath.
Reply 3473
That's too bad!
True, I'll just resign myself to the 25% chance based on the stats of the college i applied to.

Yeah and fortunately we can still count on LSE :smile: has been my first choice anyway. Maybe we'll see each other in September at the LSE - you never know! :wink:
Original post by bluebell_flames
Same here :console:

:frown: They don't deserve us anyway :P. How are your other Uni applications going?
Original post by chriselle15
:frown: They don't deserve us anyway :P. How are your other Uni applications going?

:biggrin: I've got offers for straight maths from Warwick and Durham, and still waiting to hear from Imperial. Fully expecting a post-interview rejection from Oxford (Merton)...

How about you? :smile:
I just got the 'your application is among the strongest' e-mail for LLB Law. Does anyone know what this means?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nik13
Congrats! Are you a UK applicant? When did you submit your application/How far into your "strongest applicant" email were you?

Hi, I got a 2 week email, then a five week email, and then a 4 week email approximately 2 weeks ago. I sent my application off mid October with 10 a* 4 a's at gcses and 2 a* and an a predicted for A2 - reckon the girls are gonna be cool, or do you reckon the social scene will be better at UCL?
oh, and I am from england
Original post by lia3010
Yeah and fortunately we can still count on LSE :smile: has been my first choice anyway. Maybe we'll see each other in September at the LSE - you never know! :wink:

Yeah! And the benefit of LSE is that I could live at home for free :biggrin:
Although unlikely, I'll still keep my fingers crossed for Cambridge :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending