The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Applicants for September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nadindins
For some reason you're not coming up when I search your name? -.- Could you try adding me instead? I'm under: Nadine Paris Collins :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, it's done! :smile:

Everyone: look for '2014 Oxford Brookes Applicants/Offer holders' on FB
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 221
Original post by Barnus
Okay, it's done! :smile:

Everyone: look for '2014 Oxford Brookes Applicants/Offer holders' on FB

Woo! We're in business :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Now there is a '2014 Oxford Brookes Applicants/Offer holders' group on FB! Feel free to join! :smile:
Original post by Barnus
Now there is a '2014 Oxford Brookes Applicants/Offer holders' group on FB! Feel free to join! :smile:

Can't find it:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 225
Does it need to be changed from a closed group to an open group?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 226
Nvm, I just logged into a different account and clicked on the link and it still worked

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 227
Original post by Barnus

This is an awesome idea!
Won't join just yet as don't want to jinx myself... :s-smilie:
.... But hopefully.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by efbrewster
I've applied for History of Art and got a conditional offer on Monday :biggrin:

Original post by Charlottehall96
They don't interview, I have an offer :smile:

Original post by cocopopscastle
JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM HERE, yessssssssssss

Original post by swanderfeild
Applied for ITMB few days ago and just got a conditional offer from here... Awsooooooooome!!!!!! :smile:))

Now there is a '2014 Oxford Brookes Applicants/Offer holders' group on FB! Feel free to join!
Original post by jarekd1234
Yes.. Finally an offer from Oxford Brookes! My main choice so I'm definitely going there!

Only a BCC :biggrin:

Original post by Cavello
I've also applied to Brookes (sent the application on the 28th of October) and receieved my unconditonal offer on the 5th of December for Media, Communication and Culture. Something that made me immensely happy, of course! :biggrin:

Someone else that have applied to the same or a similar course?

Original post by Dominiquee06
this isn't the same as media, but i sent off my UCAS 29th of November and got an offer from Brookes for both the courses i applied for there (philosophy and philosophy combined with religion and theology) on the 3rd of December :biggrin: i was so happy, i still am! especially as it is my first choice!

Original post by SkittlesAreTasty
I applied last Thursday and received an offer this morning. I applied for a foundation year in computing so that I can complete a Software Engineering degree after and I honestly thought that I wouldn't get an offer. I was also looking at Manchester Met for Software Engineering and they also gave me an offer this morning.

I've heard that Brookes is much better than Manchester and I can't make up my mind as these Uni's were my first picks :frown:

Original post by BlueSkyGirl
Just firmed Oxford Brookes for Accounting and Finance:biggrin:.

Original post by Hanmoo
just received an offer for accounting and finance yayayayyyy

Original post by dontsmackthejack
Got an offer for Japanese at BBB. Hope i can get BBB as OB looks like a great uni to go to :biggrin:

Now there is a '2014 Oxford Brookes Applicants/Offer holders' group on FB! Feel free to join!

It did!:smile: just joined, well sent a request to join

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone! I'm Maggie, and I've applied to Brookes for Publishing. I'm from Canada, but there aren't any publishing programs at Canadian universities at all. I applied on the 3rd of December, so it's slightly reassuring to see that there are others waiting for a few weeks as well. Now that it's Christmas Eve I'm not expecting anything until after the new year, but fingers crossed! Brookes would be my top choice if I was to get an offer. (I've already gotten offers from Hertfordshire and Middlesex, but mdx emailed me yesterday to say they're suspending the program, which is too bad. I'm still waiting on Bath Spa and Southampton Solent as well.)
I don't want to join the facebook group yet just in case I jinx it, but hopefully I'll be on there soon!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 232
Original post by maggiesoares
Hi everyone! I'm Maggie, and I've applied to Brookes for I'm from Canada, but there aren't any publishing programs at Canadian universities at all. I applied on the 3rd of December, so it's slightly reassuring to see that there are others waiting for a few weeks as well. Now that it's Christmas Eve I'm not expecting anything until after the new year, but fingers crossed! Brookes would be my top choice if I was to get an offer. (I've already gotten offers from Hertfordshire and Middlesex, but mdx emailed me yesterday to say they're suspending the program, which is too bad. I'm still waiting on Bath Spa and Southampton Solent as well.)
I don't want to join the facebook group yet just in case I jinx it, but hopefully I'll be on there soon!!

Hey Maggie :smile: it's nice to hear of someone else wanting to study Publishing! I likewise also have an offer from Hertfordshire but I put it as an insurance choice cos Brookes looks far better :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Maggie :smile: it's nice to hear of someone else wanting to study Publishing! I likewise also have an offer from Hertfordshire but I put it as an insurance choice cos Brookes looks far better :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm glad to see a few publishing students: hopefully I'll get to know a few of you before I haul myself six thousand kilometres east, so I won't be completely alone. :smile: Brookes really does seem to be the best choice, so I really hope I can get in. I don't really understand how you guys do marks for university consideration over there, because my hertfordshire condition is just to get my high school diploma. I wish there was some kind of "If you have this average in Canada, you'll be okay!" page somewhere! :wink:
Reply 234
Hi everyone! I'm Maggie, and I've applied to Brookes for Publishing. I'm from Canada, but there aren't any publishing programs at Canadian universities at all. I applied on the 3rd of December, so it's slightly reassuring to see that there are others waiting for a few weeks as well. Now that it's Christmas Eve I'm not expecting anything until after the new year, but fingers crossed! Brookes would be my top choice if I was to get an offer. (I've already gotten offers from Hertfordshire and Middlesex, but mdx emailed me yesterday to say they're suspending the program, which is too bad. I'm still waiting on Bath Spa and Southampton Solent as well.)

Hi!

I applied to Middlesex too, and got the email last night.... Ahhh... I've also applied to Bath Spa, which I've got an offer for and is my second choice as it looks really good (but a little more design based than Brookes).
Brookes is my first choice and am hoping I get in there! Good luck with your application ^.^
Hopefully will see you there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KehRawwr
Hi!

I applied to Middlesex too, and got the email last night.... Ahhh... I've also applied to Bath Spa, which I've got an offer for and is my second choice as it looks really good (but a little more design based than Brookes).
Brookes is my first choice and am hoping I get in there! Good luck with your application ^.^
Hopefully will see you there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, that's what I thought about Bath Spa too. I'm drawn to Brookes because of the way it seems to be more all-encompassing, as opposed to just design or just content. Learning the technology and everything else is just as important for me! Good luck to you too. :smile:
Reply 236
I'm glad to see a few publishing students: hopefully I'll get to know a few of you before I haul myself six thousand kilometres east

Yeah i'm wanting to get to know a few people cos moving to Oxford seems incredibly far from me, but it's about 170 miles, which is pretty pathetic compared to how far you'll be moving lol. Nevertheless, i'm still sooo nervous about moving from home and not knowing anybody :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Yeah i'm wanting to get to know a few people cos moving to Oxford seems incredibly far from me, but it's about 170 miles, which is pretty pathetic compared to how far you'll be moving lol. Nevertheless, i'm still sooo nervous about moving from home and not knowing anybody :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's all relative! I've travelled alone a few times, so I'm slightly less worried than I could be, I think, but I still really freak out from time to time. Last july I was alone in new york city all month, and there were a few times when I skyped my friends in tears because I was so homesick :colondollar:
Reply 238
It's all relative! I've travelled alone a few times, so I'm slightly less worried than I could be, I think, but I still really freak out from time to time. Last july I was alone in new york city all month, and there were a few times when I skyped my friends in tears because I was so homesick :colondollar:

Wow i'd be so scared doing that! I've never been anywhere further than a bus ride away on my own lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 239
I got an offer to do Law, yay!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending