The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bluebell_flames
:biggrin: I've got offers for straight maths from Warwick and Durham, and still waiting to hear from Imperial. Fully expecting a post-interview rejection from Oxford (Merton)...

How about you? :smile:

Wow! Yeah you definitely don't need to care too much about LSE lol I have straight Maths offers from UCL, Bath and Imperial (I'm sure your offer will come through soon). Haha yeah Jan the 8th for me as well, not expecting anything from Oxford though!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by chriselle15
Wow! Yeah you definitely don't need to care too much about LSE lol I have straight Maths offers from UCL, Bath and Imperial (I'm sure your offer will come through soon). Haha yeah Jan the 8th for me as well, not expecting anything from Oxford though!

Wow - well done on all of your offers! I'm not expecting much from Imperial to be honest, as I really messed up the MAT... But fingers crossed :smile: Aww - I'm sure you did brilliantly. What college did you apply for?
Still waiting for straight Econ
Anyone the same ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MichaelMaq
I received an offer from LSE for Law yesterday. I find it quite strange that I didn't even receive the 'amongst the strongest applicants' email. The final email they sent me prior to my offer stated:

'I am happy to tell you that your application is strong enough to be considered further by the Admissions Selector for the LLB in Laws programme.'

Regardless, I am so happy to have received an offer. Good luck to all others waiting with bated breath.

I got an offer for Law too yesterday but I also didn't get the 'strongest applicant' email!
Is there anyone that has received a rejection from LSE but has not received this bs excuse- 'Whilst your personal statement is good, there were stronger personal statements received from other similar applicants for your programme.'

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think they operate a set of stock responses (e.g. one for GCSEs, one for PS, one for A-Levels/IBs/APs). Since the majority of applicants have excellent grades, they'll probably end up using the PS one much more often than the others.
Reply 3486
Received a rejection for LLB in Laws yesterday. A sad end to my LSE journey, received the 2 week email, the 5 week email and the 'your application is amongst the strongest' email prior to this. Apparently, my achievements were 'impressive' but my subject combination lost out to other applicants'. SIGH :frown:
Original post by julesohm
Received a rejection for LLB in Laws yesterday. A sad end to my LSE journey, received the 2 week email, the 5 week email and the 'your application is amongst the strongest' email prior to this. Apparently, my achievements were 'impressive' but my subject combination lost out to other applicants'. SIGH :frown:

Hi, could you please tell me what is your sub combination, if you don't mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations to those who got accepted!

To those who got rejected--don't worry about it! There are plenty of other opportunities out there.

I received the "strongest" email about a week ago and I haven't heard anything!
Original post by puella_optima
I'm still being b****y assessed!! I.e they don't want to ruin my Christmas so I'll be rejected in the new year :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its not a rejection cos they sent plenty of rejections anyway .So it doesnt really matter that it might ruin the festive period
Reply 3490
Original post by May-o2q
Hi, could you please tell me what is your sub combination, if you don't mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As funny as it may seem, I took Bio, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. Although there's no prerequisite subject for Law, I probably lost out to those who have/had History or Economics.
Reply 3491
Does any one know if we have to send proof of qualifications or what? Quite confused hahah
Original post by Smko
Does any one know if we have to send proof of qualifications or what? Quite confused hahah

I think they want proof of our A2 grades when we achieve them. Although it's best if someone gives a second opinion on this.
Original post by CD315
8 weeks past my 5 week email and not a word from LSE. Screw them - Imperial wins.

You still hanging on? Crazy that they haven't offered you anything by now..!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3494
Original post by JOR2010
You still hanging on? Crazy that they haven't offered you anything by now..!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep still hanging on!
I wonder which side of the border we are on - gonna be offered but they keep us back incase somebody else with amazing grades applies or gonna be rejected but they're keeping us back just incase.
Original post by Smko

I asked them and they said I didn't need to send any qualification proof in.
Original post by bluebell_flames
Wow - well done on all of your offers! I'm not expecting much from Imperial to be honest, as I really messed up the MAT... But fingers crossed :smile: Aww - I'm sure you did brilliantly. What college did you apply for?

Thank you, right back at you :smile: Yess fingers crossed, maybe I'll see you next year haha. I applied to Queen's and had a 2nd interview at Lincoln, you?
Reply 3498
Original post by DefiantJellyfish
I think they operate a set of stock responses (e.g. one for GCSEs, one for PS, one for A-Levels/IBs/APs). Since the majority of applicants have excellent grades, they'll probably end up using the PS one much more often than the others.

How do you know? Have you heard of any people rejected who were told it was because of their GCSEs? At this stage, those rejected were told that it is because of their pers. statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I saw in last year's forums that the Admissions Tutors have a few lines of generic feedback for applicants (aka GCSEs not up to par, PS not 'compelling' enough, AS grades insufficient), and I figured the rejection email would have a paragraph for each one. You're right, though- at this stage the PS is probably decisive.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending