The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm in my second year of studying law at A level. I would be interested in such a thread! :smile:
So am I, are you doing AS or A2?
Reply 3
Im studying law at A2 as well! Are you doing AQA?
Reply 4
Would love to join! i do A2 but WJEC! Anyone do WJEC?
Reply 5
Original post by DirtyHarry01

I'm on AQA doing A2 as well - I really need to up my game this year, retaking unit 2 as well and I was predicted a B (but my teacher's changed it to an A) so I'm putting in more time for revising law than I did last year!

How are you lot finding unit 3?
Reply 6
I'm resitting unit 4 this year in a gap year due to having a meltdown before the exam. I only got 50% in that topic whereas I got 92 in unit 3 :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

Yup i'm doing AQA

Original post by zahra_d
I'm on AQA doing A2 as well - I really need to up my game this year, retaking unit 2 as well and I was predicted a B (but my teacher's changed it to an A) so I'm putting in more time for revising law than I did last year!

Unit 3 is alright and yeah i'm in the same situation as you retaking unit 2. Do you happen to have sentence starters on applying causation remoteness breach of duty and damage?
Reply 8
Original post by 07marfligeo
I'm resitting unit 4 this year in a gap year due to having a meltdown before the exam. I only got 50% in that topic whereas I got 92 in unit 3 :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

how do you recommend learning the cases in unit 3?
Reply 9
Original post by Blyts-_
how do you recommend learning the cases in unit 3?

I used flash cards, but remember something in each case like a memorable fact! Makes it much better :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by zahra_d

Hey, even though we are doing different boards I'm wondering if they are that much different. I'm re-taking Law for unit 2 and wanted to know what topics did you cover for last year?
For AQA:

Unit 1- Law Making and the Legal System
Unit 2- The Concept of Liability
Unit 3- Criminal Law Offences against Person (or contract)
Unit 4- Criminal Law Offences against Property (or Tort) and Concepts of Law.

Im retaking Unit 1 and Unit 2 since we weren't taught those subjects very well and I only got C's in both, but I feel more confident now that I can get a better grade. Unit 3 is alright I think, remembering cases is difficult.
For AQA:

Unit 1- Law Making and the Legal System
Unit 2- The Concept of Liability
Unit 3- Criminal Law Offences against Person (or contract)
Unit 4- Criminal Law Offences against Property (or Tort) and Concepts of Law.

Im retaking Unit 1 and Unit 2 since we weren't taught those subjects very well and I only got C's in both, but I feel more confident now that I can get a better grade. Unit 3 is alright I think, remembering cases is difficult.

Goodness gracious i'm never going back to unit 2 it was drastic, can't stand negligence at all. But in contrast unit 3 makes units 1 and 2 look easy peasy! I'm resitting unit one, after units 2 and 3 unit 1 seems like a walk in the park, and definitely worth getting an A for 25% of the grade.

Anyone else struggling with the timings in unit 3? Ugh so many offences and causation in 30 minutes! :'(
Original post by RossSimmons

Anyone else struggling with the timings in unit 3? Ugh so many offences and causation in 30 minutes! :'(

Timing is a real issue. In the exam I didn't manage to finish the final question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Timing is difficult for sure.

For Unit 3 I think I need help with reforms, from looking at past papers it will be one of three potential questions.
im doing AQA Law AS

right now i been getting B's and A's in unit 2 as we are doing uni 2 then unit 1, is unit 1 easier as my only problem in law is the problem questions i think the only reason i get A's and B's is because i max my definition question then get like 60%on my problem questions

btw any one got any useful notes on unit 2?
Sorry, not got any notes :frown:

I recommend looking at the specification and examiner reports though.
I'm doing wjec, are you sitting la3 in January??
I believe AnimeCrazy is also doing wjec, maybe you can assist each other.
Reply 19
Original post by RossSimmons
Goodness gracious i'm never going back to unit 2 it was drastic, can't stand negligence at all. But in contrast unit 3 makes units 1 and 2 look easy peasy! I'm resitting unit one, after units 2 and 3 unit 1 seems like a walk in the park, and definitely worth getting an A for 25% of the grade.

Same exam board doing those topics, hated negligence glad to see the back of it (apart from in my law and fault essay) Definately would be interested in such a thread- rather difficult to learn everything!

Latest