The Student Room Group

Anyone else got a crippling amount of work to do over Christmas?

I just feel like crying, tbh. I need a break and there's no time for one. Anyone else in the same boat?

Scroll to see replies

Yes. I wouldn't say I feel like crying, but it's not a break at all. I've got 2 courseworks to do and a lot of revision for an exam as soon as I get back :lol:
C'est la vie, mon amie :console:
Yes I've been back a whole week and all I've managed to do is unpack:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Yes I have 2 TMAs (Tutor Marked Assignments) due in just after Christmas which I haven't even started yet for maths and physics :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
I know how you feel, I have to design a large section of a chemical plant and write a report on it, circa 100 pages
haha nah m8, for my media degree the only assinment i got to do is make sum notes bout xmas tv! #bestdegreeever #livinthedream
Original post by Chocothunder
haha nah m8, for my media degree the only assinment i got to do is make sum notes bout xmas tv! #bestdegreeever #livinthedream

:rofl:
Reply 8
Original post by Scorlibran
I know how you feel, I have to design a large section of a chemical plant and write a report on it, circa 100 pages

Are you a ChemEng student? You're scaring me :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have January Mocks but they're mocks, ugh have my epq draft to do and I think that is it. It's less pressure on me than last year when actual January exams existed, and as a year 12 I was still getting use to the heavy work load. I'm going to go by a system of start doing work after the 25th.
Not excessive amounts. Two exams on 8 and 13 jan and an assignment for the 6th. Prob squish it all in from 1st to 5th Jan.
Original post by BlossomS
Are you a ChemEng student? You're scaring me :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, are you thinking of doing chemeng?
Reply 12
I worked out I can get it done if I work 8 hours a day with no days off, but that's not going to happen :nope:
I have 5 pieces of coursework all either 2000, 2500 or 3000 words and revision for a January exam... yeah, relaxing is kinda out of the question!!
Reply 14
Original post by Scorlibran
Yeah, are you thinking of doing chemeng?

Yes, I thought I had digested the fact that there'd be so much work but...please tell me nice things now! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by riotgrrl
I just feel like crying, tbh. I need a break and there's no time for one. Anyone else in the same boat?

You are the master of your fate:
You are the captain of your soul.
Original post by BlossomS
Yes, I thought I had digested the fact that there'd be so much work but...please tell me nice things now! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The first two years aren't too bad, if you keep up with the work and do plenty of studying you should be fine. There isn't that much coursework to do, mostly exams (I prefer exams, but obviously you may feel differently). The design project is probably the hardest part of the course.

This is at my university anyway, other courses may differ slightly.

If you need any more info. or have any more questions about chem eng, feel free to message me.
2 pieces of coursework, probably not as much as some other people but it would still be nice to have a Christmas holiday where I can just relax and not have to worry about anything!
Reply 18
My university changed essay and exam dates to before Christmas last year so from Dec 13th to Feb 3rd i have nothing i need to do at all.

I'll probably read my Microeconomics textbook over the next 3 weeks at my parents before coming back when the next loan installment goes in on the 13th and cracking on with next semesters reading.
Yep, but done a fair amount now :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest