The Student Room Group

American Dad!

I;m suprised this hasn't got it's own thread already,

So lets all talk about the awesome show that is American Dad!

Whose everyone's favorite character?

My favorite is:
"Expecting someone a little less take you to jaily?" - Staniel Smith
AmericanDad_09_Stan_v1F.jpg
(edited 10 years ago)
Stelio Kontos :rofl:

Seriously though its probably Roger.
Reply 2
Original post by Malevolent
Stelio Kontos :rofl:

Seriously though its probably Roger.

Lmao. His theme tune immediately came to mind :lol: I'd say Steve.
Original post by Precious Illusions
Lmao. His theme tune immediately came to mind :lol: I'd say Steve.

Don't think I've ever laughed so much when I saw the scene of him beating up Stan and the music playing in the background :rofl:
My favorite character in American Dad? without a doubt, Stan Smith. He depicts a typical American patriot in an exaggerated way, that's why I like him.
Reply 5
It's got to be either Steve or Roger. I think I prefer Steve as a character but Roger has some hilarious plot-lines and personas!

I just love this show so much! So much better than Family Guy (as much as I love that show also)..
Original post by HJones68
It's got to be either Steve or Roger. I think I prefer Steve as a character but Roger has some hilarious plot-lines and personas! (...)

What I like most of all is Roger's fancings and his role plays. :biggrin: But he is also awesome when he is drunk.
American Dad! is amazing. Better than Family Guy. Everything just works, the xenophobic, homophobic right-wing racist CIA Agent, the ditzy stay-at-home trophy wife, the douchebag hippy liberal Hayley & Jeff her loser husband, the disappointing & geeky Steve & the lovable zany alcoholic cross-dressing Alien Roger! My favourite episode is either 'Choosey Wife Chooses Smith' or 'The One That Got Away'. Stan of Arabia was brilliant as well, they should definitely do more feature length episodes/specials.

I couldn't pick a favourite character, but Roger & Steve are hilarious together!

[video="youtube;UZDa_O53FU0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZDa_O53FU0[/video]
Reply 8
American Dad>Family Guy in terms of quality humour.
Original post by Kiss
American Dad>Family Guy in terms of quality humour.

Agreed, but I think Family Guy has better standalone characters (Quagmire, Stewie) compared to American Dad.

Roger is probably my favourite, but his stuff is just all the same, at least with stewie you get timetravel and gore :teehee:
Reply 10
Original post by Architecture-er
Agreed, but I think Family Guy has better standalone characters (Quagmire, Stewie) compared to American Dad.

Roger is probably my favourite, but his stuff is just all the same, at least with stewie you get timetravel and gore :teehee:

True, though Stan and Roger are definitely the best characters of the show. I think American Dad is better because the surrealist humour is marred by cutaway jokes like in Family Guy, which, granted are amusing, but don't do the show any favours in terms of quality.
Original post by Kiss
True, though Stan and Roger are definitely the best characters of the show. I think American Dad is better because the surrealist humour is marred by cutaway jokes like in Family Guy, which, granted are amusing, but don't do the show any favours in terms of quality.

Yeah, I used to find it funny, but then I watched South Park's parody of it and realised "holy ****, that's actually what they do, all the time :erm: "
Roger and Klaus are the best damn characters that ever came to TV.

I've almost memorised Klaus's revenge speech:
"Allow me to impress upon you the severe mistake you have made. For years my conduct has been largely benign. And yet, without provocation, you have severed our détente and forced me to unleash upon you the vengeful flames of a thousand suns. You shall curse your mothers for the day of your birth. So, go now, go, and begin your life of fear, knowing that when you least expect it, the looming sword of Damocles will crash down upon you, cleaving you in twain and as you gaze upon the smoking wreckage that was once your life, you will regret the day you crossed the WRONG FISH."
:love:
American dad is so much better than family guy!!! I love Klaus and Roger, the lines they have are hilarious and I love Roger's different personas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I agree, American Dad's jokes and humour are so much more diverse than Family Guy - which was on it's way out till they pulled that whole Brian's dead stunt.
Although American Dad has the better humour in comparison to Family Guy (and some members have the same view), I like both of them. Just because American Dad is better, it doesn't mean that Family Guy is bad.
Reply 16
The two shows will always be compared, however if you really study them they have as many differences than they do similarities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending