The Student Room Group

Revision Guides?

I was wondering with much Prelim revision to do over the next few weeks, what are the best revision study guides to purchase for Higher subjects?
Reply 1
Original post by CameronPaterson
I was wondering with much Prelim revision to do over the next few weeks, what are the best revision study guides to purchase for Higher subjects?

Depends on the subject really. However from my experience, the 'how to pass' guide and 'flash revise' books for higher English are very useful and pretty helpful. Not sure what subjects you are doing though. I have heard the leckie and leckie books are good for soe subjects.
Reply 2
Original post by lala4
Depends on the subject really. However from my experience, the 'how to pass' guide and 'flash revise' books for higher English are very useful and pretty helpful. Not sure what subjects you are doing though. I have heard the leckie and leckie books are good for soe subjects.

I'm doing Higher Computing, English, Geography & History.
Reply 3
Original post by CameronPaterson
I'm doing Higher Computing, English, Geography & History.

I cant say anything for computing or geography, however i am doing higher English and at higher History last year. For English, i would suggest the ones i already mentioned. Now for history, there are several revision books out there which can give some helpful hints for the papers but i wouldn't say they are all that useful. Depending on what topics you are covering, i would suggest getting some texts books with a lot of decent content inside. For example i studied Russia and bought a Michael Lynch textbook which proved to be extremely useful and almost essential to the course.
Reply 4
You don't have to waste your money on revision books unless you are planning on using them quite a lot. I didn't buy a revision book last year and I managed fine, I just used my notes and past papers. However for this year I bought an advanced higher biology book which has helped me.

We can't really tell you how to study, it's something that is different to everyone. So try different things; making notes, mind-maps, example questions, acronyms etc. You will find something that works. Good luck for your prelims :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by CSM1996
You don't have to waste your money on revision books unless you are planning on using them quite a lot. I didn't buy a revision book last year and I managed fine, I just used my notes and past papers. However for this year I bought an advanced higher biology book which has helped me.

We can't really tell you how to study, it's something that is different to everyone. So try different things; making notes, mind-maps, example questions, acronyms etc. You will find something that works. Good luck for your prelims :smile:

I've found a way of studying but it's really just for my mentality. I probably don't need the books but I'd feel much better if I had the books rather than if I didn't as I'm far too pessimistic and obsessive about studying when it comes to the likes of prelims/exams. And at least if I don't use them, there is always eBay... :smile:
Reply 6
What are best revision guides for Higher Business Management and Higher Pyschology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by JimmyGatz
What are best revision guides for Higher Business Management and Higher Pyschology?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Leckie and Leckie Business Management course notes are really good for revision :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending