The Student Room Group

Audiology - September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zara2013
I have one - really nervous. Any idea on what the questions will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no clue, when is yours?
I think it is a group chat rather than an interview
Reply 122
Has anyone else heard from Leeds/Manchester yet? Any idea how long they take usually?

A friend told me that Leeds is considering removing Audiology. :erm:
Has anyone else heard from Leeds/Manchester yet? Any idea how long they take usually? <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Well I got an offer from Leeds about 2 and a half weeks after I sent my ucas off. That also mmeas if they are removing audiology its not gonna be this year
Has anyone else heard from Leeds/Manchester yet? Any idea how long they take usually?

Manchester replied sometime in feb after everyone! And then interviews in march onwards. Leeds has a reputation for cancelling audiology each year so might possibly be true.
Reply 125
Hi
how likely is it that Leeds will cancel Audiology this year? And did they cancel last year?
Reply 126
Original post by MirrorMirror
I think it is a group chat rather than an interview

Have you had an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 127
d*d*d* is my predicated grades at my btec level 3 applied science course. i have applied to aston 3 weeks ago and also DMU as they are the closest to me. i have not heard back from either of them, iam getting slightly worried now!
can i apply to aston uni through clearing even if they reheat me now????
Reply 128
hey guys im hoping to do audiology in 2014, ive applied to dmu, aston, leeds and manchester. ive got offers from the first three but not heard anything from manchester, should i be worried? :/
Reply 129
Original post by amp1995
hey guys im hoping to do audiology in 2014, ive applied to dmu, aston, leeds and manchester. ive got offers from the first three but not heard anything from manchester, should i be worried? :/

What grades are you predicted/have?
I still havent sent off my UCAS
Original post by amp1995

Manchester reply once they have all applications in - I heard back for an interview in feb/march! The wait was so hard haha.
Reply 131
Original post by RKAUR
What grades are you predicted/have?
I still havent sent off my UCAS

I have BBB in AS and predicted ABB at A2 for maths, biology and chemistry. I also already have a B in A2 Urdu.
How are your grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have one too. I'm terrified about what they will ask...
Reply 133
is this course funded by the nhs at uni of manchester?
Hi,

I am considering applying for audiology. Last minute i know, but deadline is at least three weeks away.
Any help / advice on personal statement...
If anyone was willing to share theirs / structure / themes etc
I haven't wrote one since 2007 so little rusty.
Applying to swansea only so wont be too much competition lol.

Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to inbox/pm me.
Thanks
Reply 135
Original post by Sbapu
is this course funded by the nhs at uni of manchester?

No, it's not.
Reply 136
Sadly NHS funding for Audiology undergraduates stopped sometime ago.

This has led to some rationalisation of courses and thus far most courses have dropped the number of students that they take in and is concerning.

Leeds has suffered as they only managed to attract 4 students in 2012 and under 10 in 2013. The other universities have also been struggling, many did take 30 students per year but have not attracted this many, most have fallen to 20 places.

The only university that seems to have increased numbers has been DMU, they have attracted much more students, around 45 in 2013. They are one of the oldest undergraduate programmes and have superb facilities including 3 dedicated Audiology labs for undergraduates use, they also have structured their course a little differently which means that the cost to the student for placements is less of a burden, they have some great volunteering projects hence the reason perhaps for their popularity.

It is really difficult to decide, but worthwhile thinking what everyone offers that is beyond just the academic content as this has to to be the same for all the universities due their accreditation, but how they deliver it and what other opportunities are present is worthwhile finding out about.
(edited 10 years ago)
Have you had an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have, have you?
hey guys, i'm going to Southampton 'Open Day' on 28th February for a chat with the teacher. Is anyone else?
and i got accepted by leeds, southampton, aston and de montford , waiting for manchester... anyone else?:smile:
Reply 139
Hey got an interview from Manchester for next Wednesday. Anyone else heard from them ? Any interview tips or questions would be appreciated :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending