The Student Room Group

Which book is better from advanced physics oxford and cambridge as and alevel physics

by better i mean more comprehensive, more detailed and thorough as well as clear explanations and good for self-study
any other suggestions of the best reference book for alevel physics are also welcome but please comment on these books as well. by the best i mean maybe a bit dull but very detailed, thorough and clear explanations as well as all the topics covered with good examples. Some others that I had in mind were Alevel physics by Roger Muncaster and University Physics by Young and Freeman which is also apparently good for Alevel. Please help me pick one very good reference book for physics to teach it to myself at home. but i want specific comment on the 2 books above in the question

Reply 1
Reply 2
yes i have seen it but those are not the kind of books i need. Please refer to my own post above for examples of what kind of book i am looking for. maybe someone who has self studied physics in their gap year might know about the above books. Regarding the post you referred me to, that only mentions revision guides and revision guides are rubbish for self-study. And as a matter of fact i have 2 physics revision guides already. So what i need is a reference book
Reply 3
Perhaps look at the books' reviews from Amazon.co.uk

Quick Reply

Latest