The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by super_kawaii
I never knew you could do it in a country which doesn't have English as its official language, but even my own uni does it apparently, but only Europe :rolleyes:

哈哈哈哈

我in China繪學chemistry...! Hong Kong if I go to notts. Probably be in English the lectures.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
哈哈哈哈

我in China繪學chemistry...! Hong Kong if I go to notts. Probably be in English the lectures.

我会在中国学化学/我會在中國學化學

绘/繪 means to paint and isn't the word used to describe things is the future. Instead you need to use 会/會 which is pronounced the same

I only thought Nottingham had campuses in Ningbo and Malaysia, not Hong Kong :confused: Although I don't know anything about the Chemistry department so
我会在中国学化学/我會在中國學化學

绘/繪 means to paint and isn't the word used to describe things is the future. Instead you need to use 会/會 which is pronounced the same

I only thought Nottingham had campuses in Ningbo and Malaysia, not Hong Kong :confused: Although I don't know anything about the Chemistry department so

会在 what's that as a whole?

I'm pretty sure it said Hong Kong :s-smilie:
会在 what's that as a whole?

I'm pretty sure it said Hong Kong :s-smilie:

They're separate words. indicates future tense (although if you have a time word such as next month, next year etc, it can be dropped), whereas is a location word and in this case means 'in'
They're separate words. indicates future tense (although if you have a time word such as next month, next year etc, it can be dropped), whereas is a location word and in this case means 'in'

Ash I see, what's the pinyin?

Oh wait, that's isn't it? Hui4?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9365
Arabic in my opinion.

What's the use? And which do you enjoy more?

I'd have it as an asset.

Personally I think Korean sounds nicer than Arabic, but it all depends which one you think you're more likely to stick with :biggrin:

Thanks for the input.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Original post by seohyun
I'd have it as an asset.

Thanks for the input.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Arabic then imo :biggrin:
Ash I see, what's the pinyin?

Oh wait, that's isn't it? Hui4?

No, in its traditional form is 會。 is in its simplified form and means something completely different. They are both pronounced huì though
No, in its traditional form is 會。 is in its simplified form and means something completely different. They are both pronounced huì though

My keyboard is so annoying, seems to use traditional characters so even when I'm meant to use something I don't know which to use.

and , I meant the latter :smile:

I was reading about the future. You either use 會, 有? Depending on will/are going to, and also context words like next year etc
My keyboard is so annoying, seems to use traditional characters so even when I'm meant to use something I don't know which to use.

and , I meant the latter :smile:

I was reading about the future. You either use 會, 有? Depending on will/are going to, and also context words like next year etc

You can't use you3 for the future. You can occasionally use yào though. has a more 'I want to so I will' nuance to it, whereas is a lot softer. They can both mean will and to be going to
You can't use you3 for the future. You can occasionally use yào though. has a more 'I want to so I will' nuance to it, whereas is a lot softer. They can both mean will and to be going to

I wrote and then changed it to :mad:
我會去中国
I wrote and then changed it to :mad:
我會去中国

How could it have changed to when their pronunciations are different? You using your computer?
How could it have changed to when their pronunciations are different? You using your computer?

No it didn't change itself, I changed it thinking it was not 要!

I'm on my phone :biggrin:
No it didn't change itself, I changed it thinking it was not 要!

I'm on my phone :biggrin:

I know iPhones can support simplified keyboards but I don't know about other smartphones-you might be able to download one from your phone's app store though
I know iPhones can support simplified keyboards but I don't know about other smartphones-you might be able to download one from your phone's app store though

Mine is an android.

I'll have a look...
Mine is an android.

I'll have a look...

Mine only supports simplified characters because I bought it in Mainland China.

I checked the Nottingham site and you can go to HK, although they speak Cantonese there, not Mandarin

I checked the Nottingham site and you can go to HK, although they speak Cantonese there, not Mandarin

Singapore then? They speak some Mandarin there don't they?
我说中文!

Found something

1387794718420.jpg

I found my error. It was in traditional character mode, do not need the app!
(edited 10 years ago)
Singapore then? They speak some Mandarin there don't they?

Yeah, Mandarin's one of the 4 official languages of Singapore, alongside English, Malay and Tamil. English and Mandarin are the most widely spoken though.

我说中文!

我说中文 means 'I speak Chinese'. If you want to say 'I can speak Chinese' you'll want to say 我会说汉语

Found something

1387794718420.jpg

Handwriting keyboards are always good, especially for pleco

Latest

Trending

Trending