The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by super_kawaii
Yeah, Mandarin's one of the 4 official languages of Singapore, alongside English, Malay and Tamil. English and Mandarin are the most widely spoken though.

我说中文 means 'I speak Chinese'. If you want to say 'I can speak Chinese' you'll want to say 我会说汉语

Handwriting keyboards are always good, especially for pleco

What's...

Yes and No :eek:

Is it just 是,

我不会说中文
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by L'Evil Fish
What's...

Yes and No :eek:

我不会说中文

There are no individual words for yes and no in Mandarin. Often, the positive form of the verb is used to indicate yes, whereas the negated form of the verb is used to indicate no. Most verbs are negated with bù, except for you3 which can never be negated with 不, only ever with méi.

中文 is more the written language, so you're best saying 我(不)会说汉语, as 汉语 is more the spoken form of Mandarin
There are no individual words for yes and no in Mandarin. Often, the positive form of the verb is used to indicate yes, whereas the negated form of the verb is used to indicate no. Most verbs are negated with bù, except for you3 which can never be negated with 不, only ever with méi.

中文 is more the written language, so you're best saying 我(不)会说汉语, as 汉语 is more the spoken form of Mandarin

谢谢 :biggrin:

我会学这个 (words)
谢谢 :biggrin:

我会学这个 (words)

我会学这些词 wo3 huì xué zhè xiē
我会学这些词 wo3 huì xué zhè xiē

Aaaah!

I understand :biggrin:

I'm getting better right?:wink:
Aaaah!

I understand :biggrin:

I'm getting better right?:wink:

Yeah, just keep practising.

I did give you a link for all the measure words, didn't I? Or am I just dreaming?
Yeah, just keep practising.

I did give you a link for all the measure words, didn't I? Or am I just dreaming?

You did, although I've not saved it into my Chinese notes folder :colondollar: do you have it at hand?
You did, although I've not saved it into my Chinese notes folder :colondollar: do you have it at hand?

http://chinesenotes.com/ref_measure_words.htm

谢谢

What's

"If"

There are so many :cry2:
(edited 10 years ago)
谢谢

What's

"If"

There are so many :cry2:

There are two main ways of saying if in Mandarin. The more commonly used one is 如果 rúguo3 which means if, or, in the event of. e.g. 你如果要来,请实现告诉我 rúguo3 ni3 yào lái, qing3 shìxiān gàosu wo3 Let me know in advance if you're coming.

The second way is 要是 which is used to describe more hypothetical situations e.g. 要是下雨怎么办? yàoshi xiàyu3 zen3me bàn? What if it rains?
There are two main ways of saying if in Mandarin. The more commonly used one is 如果 rúguo3 which means if, or, in the event of. e.g. 你如果要来,请实现告诉我 rúguo3 ni3 yào lái, qing3 shìxiān gàosu wo3 Let me know in advance if you're coming.

The second way is 要是 which is used to describe more hypothetical situations e.g. 要是下雨怎么办? yàoshi xiàyu3 zen3me bàn? What if it rains?

Okay, the second one I know the characters :colone:
我要去中国而且看(Beijing).
Okay, the second one I know the characters :colone:

Yay! Recognising characters is the first step to fully learning them :biggrin:
Yay! Recognising characters is the first step to fully learning them :biggrin:

我会 recognise some (do i use the measure word instead of some)中字.
我会 recognise some (do i use the measure word instead of some)中字.

To say 'some' you'll want to use 一些 yīxiē, which replaces the measure word, so you'll want to say 我认识一些(汉)字。

I know I said 中文 was for the written language, but when talking about characters, you always say 汉字。You can never say 中字。
To say 'some' you'll want to use 一些 yīxiē, which replaces the measure word, so you'll want to say 我认识一些(汉)字。

I know I said 中文 was for the written language, but when talking about characters, you always say 汉字。You can never say 中字。

Okay thanks :smile:

looks hard to write.
Okay thanks :smile:

looks hard to write.

It's not that hard :biggrin: Only 8 strokes :biggrin:
我要去中国而且看(Beijing).

我要去中国看北京
It's not that hard :biggrin: Only 8 strokes :biggrin:

我要去中国看北京

我学了它!
我学了它!

学完了。 is very rarely used. I've actually never seen it used since I've been here.

Latest

Trending

Trending