The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jess_Fletch
I got an interview date for Jan! Have you?

Hey Jess, I've had my interview at the IOE already (didn't get in.) So I've accepted an offer from London Met :smile:. Good luck!
I got an email from L Met saying they got my application but nothing else?! Odd! Well done though, you must be relieved!

Boo for not getting in, I imagine it's very very difficult this year due to lack of places. I know you're not allowed to tell me what the interview was like, I'm waiting to hear further details on what they want me to do.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Pebbles19
Same! Have you looked at the experience form? Are we supposed to have SEN and KS3 experience as well as primary? I thought it was just 10 days primary!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i did see that. I think it really is for us as its specifically on the Primary form :frown: might email and check though as that will be quite a pain to sort out, especially the SEN school...

Original post by womanonamission
What date did you application go off? I've still not heard from them.

Sent off on November 22nd, interview December 4th :smile:
Reply 4123
Original post by Jess_Fletch
EEEEEEEEEPPPPPPP! I so thrilled Ive got an interview with IOE in Jan for Citizenship. There are only a few places on the course as lots of people deferred from last year, so Im just thankful I get a shot.

Also got an interview with Middlesex, got to do my presentation tmrw as Im going to India for 3 weeks.

anyway, yay! Anyone else doing citizenship?

I have an interview with Middx. I don't remember it mentioning a presentation. Is yours primary?
Hi, just wondering did anyone have interviews for Primary at Gloucestershire and UWE over the last week or so and heard back yet?
Original post by swarfliam
Yeah i did see that. I think it really is for us as its specifically on the Primary form :frown: might email and check though as that will be quite a pain to sort out, especially the SEN school...

Yeah I hope they give us plenty of time to sort it out! I think I'm going to ring when admissions reopens on the 2nd to make sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else off to man met to do primary pgce?
Reply 4127
I guess nothing else is going to happen now until the schools go back on 6th Jan, so I can spend all of Christmas stressing over why I haven't got a place yet. Which will be nice.
Hey

Has anyone heard from Strathclyde for secondary (Biology)? I have heard back from Glasgow (unsuccessful :frown: ). Also someone i met at the interviews heard back from Strathclyde and Glasgow on the same day to get told they were unsuccessful.
These interview offers are stressful! I feel so ungrateful saying this, but my parents are taking me on holiday at the worst possible time! Got two interviews for Sunderland and Chester when I'm going to be in France! Thankfully my first choice interview is the one I can go to!

Who would have thought it got more stressful than the wait for references! Dearie me, I think I need all the Christmas chocolates I can get my hands on today :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LaurieLee
These interview offers are stressful! I feel so ungrateful saying this, but my parents are taking me on holiday at the worst possible time! Got two interviews for Sunderland and Chester when I'm going to be in France! Thankfully my first choice interview is the one I can go to!

Who would have thought it got more stressful than the wait for references! Dearie me, I think I need all the Christmas chocolates I can get my hands on today :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know exactly how you feel in regards to the stress (however I won't be in France lol).

Have a nice holiday and try to not let this dampen your time there :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crock
I guess nothing else is going to happen now until the schools go back on 6th Jan, so I can spend all of Christmas stressing over why I haven't got a place yet. Which will be nice.

I'm with you there! I want to enjoy my Christmas but can't get it out of my head that so many people have secured places and I haven't even had my interview yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4132
Warwick invited me for interview for secondary maths on the 16th of January!

Got the email 30 minutes before PGCE admissions offices closed and I already thought I wouldn't hear back from anyone else until after January 2nd :smile: Only applied last week and had two interview offers, only waiting to hear back from one more now.
Original post by crock

Totally know what you mean. It's really annoying. Had my interview last Tuesday and there was only three of us so expected to hear quite quickly, but nope. Now I just keep running over how I'll feel if it says unsuccessful damn it. So yeah the long wait until Jan begins.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4134
Original post by pthomas112
Those with conditional offers- are your conditions that you pass the skills tests?

Also, anyone else for Social science at IOE?

My conditions (including for the IOE, although for physics with maths) all wanted a 2.2 in my degree, to pass a DBS and to pass the skills tests by early February.

Original post by Sara Jayne
How do you find out the conditions of your offer?

Click on the name of your course on track and there will be a space for conditions. If it just says something like "see letter" then you will get an e-mail/letter from the university (which could take a while, mine took 11 days).

Original post by Airfairy
Totally know what you mean. It's really annoying. Had my interview last Tuesday and there was only three of us so expected to hear quite quickly, but nope. Now I just keep running over how I'll feel if it says unsuccessful damn it. So yeah the long wait until Jan begins.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If there are only a few candidates, sometimes they pool two groups of interviews together. So try not to worry about not having heard back - they could have had an interview after you, or still be waiting on interviews in January.
Reply 4135
Anyone had an offer from Kingston for primary PGCE? I was excited to get an interview a couple of weeks ago and now will spend Christmas feeling fed up because I am assuming that I would have heard by now if they were going to offer me a place. Do they realise how hard this waiting is?:frown:
Hello I had interviews at both and have recieved offers for both.
Just received an
Something has changed email...

long on, and have another offer, having now heard from all my choices! i've just firmed my top choice for primary pgce!
SOOO EXCITED NOW!

That came through at 2 mins to 5 on the last working day before christmas !

AHHHHHHHHH
Anyone doing business secondary at Sunderland?
Hi, i have all 3 of my interviews at the beginning of January, Newman, BCU (School Direct) and UCB. I have to to a lesson starter (5 mins) for one of them although i don't understand whether i am supposed to aim this at the group or the primary age range, does anyone have any idea about that?

Latest

Trending

Trending