The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9260
Original post by Skkc16
You're missing the point. we haven't been that great against top sides either but unlike Arsenal we have also dropped points against smaller sides. That's all I was saying. I don't wanna talk about Liverpool, Arsenal was the perfect example for the point I was making. Thanks

Oh my bad. I see you now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, 4-3-3 is a very good formation for us tbh. Prefer it but we can't really switch to it.
Can't please some people. If Mourinho had gone all out and lost then you guys on this thread would have complained.

I watched the match, Chelsea were firmly in control in this match and probably should have won. If you guys went 4231 then you may have been too open and conceded 3+ goals again which has become sort of a trademark for you guys this season..
I think a point is fair overall, bit unlucky with Lamps hitting the bar but equally probably lucky that the Willian challenge wasn't a penalty (those are often 50/50 given or not, not clear cut by any means).

Original post by 419
And if we beat villa and WBA well be on 41. And if Liverpool had beaten Southampton............

Anyways, hi gaiys, thought this was going to be a victory for you and you'd be top of the league by now. Thought it was written. What happend?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think there's a difference between saying "this game is winnable" and "we're going to win this game". I only recall people saying the former. :dontknow:
Reply 9264
Original post by Isometrix
Was anyone impressed with Mikel? Or was the match too boring to notice :tongue:

Mikel did well, slowed down the play and basically killed the game.

Ramires did well too. But like I've always said, this was the type of game that Ramires is made for.

Hazard did really well too, if Willian was doing as well as Hazard we'd have probably been a goal up. Hazard's stats in goalscoring and assisting don't show how good he really is.
Original post by mrs_usher4
So our most important game of the PL so far and Mata played no part in it..

Mata is our main playmaker but without any possession, he's useless. Mourinho knew we'd struggle keeping possession and it was wise to drop Mata.

Overall it was a good result. I can't see how anyone can question Mourinho when we travel to an in form Arsenal side who've been at the top the whole season, and get a result.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Mikel did well, slowed down the play and basically killed the game.

Ramires did well too. But like I've always said, this was the type of game that Ramires is made for.

Hazard did really well too, if Willian was doing as well as Hazard we'd have probably been a goal up. Hazard's stats in goalscoring and assisting don't show how good he really is.

To your response in the other thread, I agree with your statements. I do think, however, if Willian develops some finishing/edge at the end then he'd be a very useful player. He's similar to Grønkjær really -- good at lots of things, breaking up play, passing (thought he really improved there), good work rate and the like but bad towards the final third.
Reply 9267
Original post by Entrepreneur123
Can't please some people. If Mourinho had gone all out and lost then you guys on this thread would have complained.

I watched the match, Chelsea were firmly in control in this match and probably should have won. If you guys went 4231 then you may have been too open and conceded 3+ goals again which has become sort of a trademark for you guys this season..

This, I'm happy that we played this way, it was the only way to face Arsenal this season, last season we could have done the 4-2-3-1 as they were pretty poor at the time we faced them(Stamford bridge) or had injuries to their key players(diaby for the emirates match). It utilizes our central midfield as good as possible and generally in this formation we're harder to beat.

Original post by Mr.Messy
I'm not really liking how Mou is setting up away from home against big opposition. Yeah its sensible as you don't want to suffer a loss but high risk = high reward sometimes. You could say it plays well into your strengths: absorbing their attacks then launching your own high-speed counters but today and vs Utd earlier it was a poor match to watch for long periods of time. Plus your attacking players were hardly on point tonight for it to be effective tbh. Now just imagine how ****ed it would have been if your defenders hadn't played as they did, and kept Arsenal at bay for the most part of the game.. Then again if Lamps' shot actually went in then all be talk would probably be about how Mou did the right thing. :tongue:

There's only so much we could have done today. I would rather us go for the draw now, I'm pretty confident of a win against Arsenal at the Bridge, our record there this season has been almost perfect, only two points less than Manchester City there.

Our attacking players were on point, bar willian. Hazard had a great game I feel, he did his defensive duties well and in the transition he helped a lot and his final ball was generally good. Willian's defensive duties were poor, his final ball was poor but his build up to the quick transition counters was quite good.

For a guy who majorly dislikes torres, I think he did his job well today, he worked the channels, tried to make things happen with scraps, won quite a few aerial duels against pretty solid aerial CBs and worked hard for the team. If we had a Drogba we'd have put the game to bed, but there was only so much Torres could have done in the formation and he did it well. At least when you guys did this under benitez you had alonso and gerrard to put in pin perfect balls to torres.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9268
Original post by The Assassin
To your response in the other thread, I agree with your statements. I do think, however, if Willian develops some finishing/edge at the end then he'd be a very useful player. He's similar to Grønkjær really -- good at lots of things, breaking up play, passing (thought he really improved there), good work rate and the like but bad towards the final third.

Agree, Willian did do well in the transition from the defensive third to the Attacking third, just that he wasn't great in the final third. I didn't like how he let gibbs go a couple times in the first half though. I wish that we'd put on Schurrle earlier too and played him on the right to work the wide areas.
Agree^. This was a game where we really could've used Drogba.
Reply 9270
About Willian in the final third: he just looks low in confidence to me. Just needs to keep getting these starts and get a couple of goals and his confidence will rocket back up. Quality player tbh.
A man, who's club would be absolutely nowhere, a man who robbed every penny he has from the mouth of the Russian worker. A man who in any legitimate legal system would be serving time:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

But

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9272
Original post by Zürich
A man, who's club would be absolutely nowhere, a man who robbed every penny he has from the mouth of the Russian worker. A man who in any legitimate legal system would be serving time:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

And the man I wish I was tbh.
Original post by Ermhello
And the man I wish I was tbh.

In a just world, Roman would be stood up against a wall and executed for the fact he institutionally robbed Russia. Think about that, every single penny historically non-entity Chelsea got was the result of mass-fraud in Russia. Just say it to yourself. Then compare yourself to The Arsenal of the Highbury Marble Halls. Not even going to say what your fans' reputation is.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9274
Original post by Zürich
In a just world, Roman would be stood up against a wall and executed for the fact he institutionally robbed Russia. Think about that, every single penny historically non-entity Chelsea got was the result of mass-fraud in Russia. Just say it to yourself. Then compare yourself to The Arsenal of the Highbury Marble Halls. Not even going to say what your fans' reputation is.

All that aside, I was talking about being a ****ing billionaire and literally doing what you want when you want.

Maybe he is a prick but I cannot deny he is a complete boss.
Reply 9275
Roman is a legend. Plenty of fortunes have been made through unscrupulous means, that's just life. I own an IBM Thinkpad but I don't let the fact they were bankrolled by the Nazi's stop me enjoying it :colonhash:
Reply 9276
Original post by Zürich

Minor, the US do the same with Iraqi oil anyway. :lol:

In a just world we'd have no government or an government based on the values of equality where little to no politics actually affect the decision making of a country, just the unanimous decision of what is actually best of a country and politicians won't make decisions in the public light that really have private ulterior motives. But beggars can't be choosers. Merry Christmas Roman Abramovich.
Reply 9277
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Minor, the US do the same with Iraqi oil anyway. :lol:

In a just world we'd have no government or an government based on the values of equality where little to no politics actually affect the decision making of a country, just the unanimous decision of what is actually best of a country and politicians won't make decisions in the public light that really have private ulterior motives. But beggars can't be choosers. Merry Christmas Roman Abramovich.

You cannot be serious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9278
Original post by Ermhello
All that aside, I was talking about being a ****ing billionaire and literally doing what you want when you want.

Maybe he is a prick but I cannot deny he is a complete boss.

What do you do? In school? At university? Working? Making you ways legitly within a legit system?

If you're that desperate to be like Roman why continue wasting your time? Why not start trading some white powders from Peru? Why not go into dealing arms to kony and his friends? Why not start dealing some blood diamonds? Big bucks to be made in all of those and would make you complete boss whilst using little effort.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9279
Original post by 419
What do you do? In school? At university? Working? Making you ways legitly within a legit system?

If you're that desperate to be like Roman why continue wasting your time? Why not start trading some white powders from Peru? Why not go into dealing arms to kony and his friends? Why not start dealing some blood diamonds? Big bucks to be made in all of those and would make you complete boss whilst using little effort.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh if it wasn't illegal and there wasn't the 98% chance of being executed in the most horrific manner possible by the cartel I probably would.

Latest