The Student Room Group

Accounting applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jess_1324
I'm not exactly passionate about accounting, don't think I've ever met an accountant that has! But I know what to expect, not choosing it for the fun and exciting work :wink:
I actually like the sound of working in an office at a desk. And if I do audit I've heard there is a bit of travel (not to exotic places) but sounds nice to get out every now and again

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am :p: I love what I do.

Oh Christ, of all the things you can do, you want audit? Yeah, you get out of the office but only to go into other people's offices and tick their filing. Get into industry. Lots of variation, lots to do. You can end up in any country in the world.
Reply 21
Original post by Ice_Queen
I am :p: I love what I do.

Oh Christ, of all the things you can do, you want audit? Yeah, you get out of the office but only to go into other people's offices and tick their filing. Get into industry. Lots of variation, lots to do. You can end up in any country in the world.

Haha I only say audit because I've been told its easier to move into different areas of accounting if you do audit. For example if you start of in tax and specialize in it then people say that these skills are less transferable to other areas so you'd most likely end up in tax all your life!
When I study accounting I'm guessing I'll have a better idea of what I actually want!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jess_1324
Haha I only say audit because I've been told its easier to move into different areas of accounting if you do audit. For example if you start of in tax and specialize in it then people say that these skills are less transferable to other areas so you'd most likely end up in tax all your life!
When I study accounting I'm guessing I'll have a better idea of what I actually want!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It really depends what qualification you do. It's a valid point, but in my opinion audit could put you off accounting for life, I really hate it :p: Horses for courses though.

Absolutely, it's all about gaining experience and learning what options there are available.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending