The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4140
Received an email inviting me to a selection day at Durham, yay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have seen a few posts about the numeracy ready package, is it really worth the money? Thinking of getting it but wanted to make sure it was actually worth it 😀
Original post by tamiic
Received an email inviting me to a selection day at Durham, yay!

Posted from TSR Mobile

When is it and which subject? :smile: I'm there pm 15th January!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4143
Original post by LaurieLee

Posted from TSR Mobile

AM 21st Jan for primary :smile: congrats and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an interview at
Northumbria for Primary in Jan! So happppyyyy! 😆
Original post by LaurieLee

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by tamiic
AM 21st Jan for primary :smile: congrats and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Either of you found any clues on where to park for it? My interview is AM 13th Jan and despite being slightly local I'm clueless!
Reply 4146
pgce
Reply 4147
i am working on my personal statement...will be submitting in two days time...hope its not too late to apply
Reply 4148
Original post by northern-belle
Either of you found any clues on where to park for it? My interview is AM 13th Jan and despite being slightly local I'm clueless!

I had an interview there a couple of weeks ago for Secondary Geography. There's a car park in the Education Faculty, but I don't know for certain if interviewees used it (I travelled by train). I'd send them an email the first week of January to double check.

If not it's pretty central, you could probably park in the Prince Bishop's car park, which would be all of a 5 minute walk to the department. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 4149
Original post by Sara Jayne
I have seen a few posts about the numeracy ready package, is it really worth the money? Thinking of getting it but wanted to make sure it was actually worth it ������

I don't know if this helps but I just bought the 'Achieving QTS: Passing the Numeracy skills test' book from Amazon for like 8 pounds or something and I felt completely prepared for the test and passed no problem (despite my maths being terrible!) So don't feel that you have to fork out on Numeracy Ready, other resources are cheaper and just as useful :smile:
Reply 4150
Original post by mango93
I don't know if this helps but I just bought the 'Achieving QTS: Passing the Numeracy skills test' book from Amazon for like 8 pounds or something and I felt completely prepared for the test and passed no problem (despite my maths being terrible!) So don't feel that you have to fork out on Numeracy Ready, other resources are cheaper and just as useful :smile:

The real bonus for me with Numeracy Ready is the mental arithmetic sections. Reading the questions in a book isn't the same as hearing them read to you by the computer lady. It helps you to practice noting the numbers as she reads them the first time and then start work while the second reading is taking place.
Original post by mango93

That's the book I used and I passed first time despite being really nervous. :smile: Only read about 25% on my kindle but it was enough to bring most of it back to me. I'd definitely recommend it if (like me) someone doesn't have enough money to spend on Numeracy Ready.

Original post by crock
The real bonus for me with Numeracy Ready is the mental arithmetic sections. Reading the questions in a book isn't the same as hearing them read to you by the computer lady. It helps you to practice noting the numbers as she reads them the first time and then start work while the second reading is taking place.

I agree... but there's practice tests online. I did three of those and that was enough to get used to the format. :smile:
Original post by mango93

Thank you! I thnink that maybe be the book I have too, with the practice tests in. I'm just worried I'm not going to pass my maths! Maths phobia! X
Original post by crock

I think that would be beneficial to me a well actually seeing the methods of working out on the screen!
Reply 4154
I have emails offering me places at all three places I applied to, but only one has updated on track so far, and with it being christmas I imagine nothing will update for another week or so. Is anyone else in this position? It seems most unusual to send an offer out but not put it through on Track.
Yay, I got interview offers at Sheffield Hallam and Hull on January 6 and 15 respectively!
Original post by Slainery
Yay, I got interview offers at Sheffield Hallam and Hull on January 6 and 15 respectively!

I've applied and had an interview at SHU. What subject are you applying for?
Original post by Airfairy
I've applied and had an interview at SHU. What subject are you applying for?

Modern Foreign Languages (French and Spanish), and you?
Reply 4158
has anyone got an interview for St Mary's, Twickenham? I got an interview for there and IOE but can only go to one because I am from Ireland but will only be home from Dubai for xmas. So I only have one shot at this interview. Any tips?
Original post by Slainery
Modern Foreign Languages (French and Spanish), and you?

Secondary R.E.! Good luck :smile: It's a nice place and the people seem to be lovely, it's a laid back interview.

Latest

Trending

Trending