The Student Room Group

Anyone applying for Dietetics 2014?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by acciolucy
Also had my Surrey interview yesterday, think it went very badly! Which interviewer did you have?

I had Louise Walker :smile: She was lovely and made me feel at ease but she didn't give anything away as to whether I was doing good or bad so now I'm just a little worried.

Original post by Zoe_333
Well done! How long ago did they receive your application? I am hoping to hear back from plymouth or Cardiff soon!

They received my application on the 9th November :smile: Good luck!
Reply 101
Original post by acciolucy
Well done! Just got mine too!! :biggrin: 12th feb?

Just got my interview letter through, mine's 12th Feb too. I'm so scared it's unreal :frown: Do they give everybody interviews or have they selected them from personal statements?
Original post by Laitz
Just got my interview letter through, mine's 12th Feb too. I'm so scared it's unreal :frown: Do they give everybody interviews or have they selected them from personal statements?

Congrats! I think they get about 600 applications, 100 interviews, 30/40 offers (rough figures from what i remember anyway) so done well getting interview!
Got a conditonal offer from Cardiff Met providing I can get the NHS bursary pass the dbs and health screening.

Just to let everyone know Chester are offering 22 places and Cardiff Met said they had around 15 places they could offer.
Reply 104
Got an offer from Chester :ahee:
Reply 105
Original post by Prees
Got an offer from Chester :ahee:

well done that's awesome! Out of interest what day was your interview :smile:?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 106
Original post by Prees
Received an offer from Plymouth : ) Thank god I have, had my interview for Surrey yesterday and it feels like it went awfully. Anyone else feel the same that was there?

What do they ask during the interview? I just applied but there was no feedback so far.
Reply 107
Original post by 9967
well done that's awesome! Out of interest what day was your interview :smile:?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last Monday.

Original post by CYV
What do they ask during the interview? I just applied but there was no feedback so far.

They asked different questions to different people. Just expect the usual questions, I'm not saying my specific questions as it's an unfair advantage to you over other applicants.
Reply 108
Hello there,

I've got a question.

I was completing my application form, but I've met some difficulties on the page of student support. What fee code am I supposed to select between the 02 and 05 if I am an EU student and applying for dietetics (which it's supposed to be funded by the NHS)?
Reply 109
Original post by Timea
Hello there,

I've got a question.

I was completing my application form, but I've met some difficulties on the page of student support. What fee code am I supposed to select between the 02 and 05 if I am an EU student and applying for dietetics (which it's supposed to be funded by the NHS)?

'Tuition fees are funded by the National Health Service (NHS) for both UK and EU students with successful UK applicants to the BSc programmes also eligible to apply for a means-tested NHS bursary, subject to UK residency criteria. This funding is not open to international students.' Taken from the BDA website. As you're an EU you'll be funded as long as you have residency in the UK :smile:
Reply 110
Yeaaah! got offers from Plymouth, Surrey and Cardiff Met! also have an interview for King's in january, still waiting for Leeds Met, has anyone heard anything?
Reply 111
Original post by Prees
'Tuition fees are funded by the National Health Service (NHS) for both UK and EU students with successful UK applicants to the BSc programmes also eligible to apply for a means-tested NHS bursary, subject to UK residency criteria. This funding is not open to international students.' Taken from the BDA website. As you're an EU you'll be funded as long as you have residency in the UK :smile:

Then, it means that from the following choices:

01 Private finance - Entire cost of tuition fees is to be paid by private finance.

02 UK, ChI, loM or EU student finance services - Applying for student support assessment by local authority, Student Finance England, Student Finance Wales, Student Awards Agency for Scotland, Student Finance NI (Northern Ireland), Northern Ireland Education and Library Board, SLC EU Team, Channel Island or Isle of Man agency.

04 Research councils - Contribution from a research council.

05 DHSS/Regional Health - Contribution from the Department of Health and Social Security or from a Regional Health Authority.

06 UK Govt international award - International student award from the UK Government or the British Council.

07 Training agency - Contribution from a training agency.

08 Other UK Govt award - Contribution from another Government source.

09 International agency - Contribution from an international agency, government, university or industry.

10 UK Industry/commerce - Contribution from UK industry or commerce.

90 Other source - Other source of finance.

99 Not known - Not known.

I should choose the 05 DHSS/Regional Health and not the 02 code, right?
Reply 112
Original post by ElleF12
Yeaaah! got offers from Plymouth, Surrey and Cardiff Met! also have an interview for King's in january, still waiting for Leeds Met, has anyone heard anything?

Well done!! I have applied for Plymouth and Cardiff met but not heard back yet. How long did they take to respond please?!
Original post by ElleF12

Congratulations! What a great Christmas present! :smile:
Did you have interviews, or offers without interview
Reply 114
For those of you who have received offers already, what have the conditions been please? Have they all been around the 320 mark?
Reply 115
Original post by Zoe_333
Well done!! I have applied for Plymouth and Cardiff met but not heard back yet. How long did they take to respond please?!

My UCAS was sent off at the end of November, it took about 4-6 weeks for them to get back to me. Plymouth don't interview and gave me an offer of 320 points and CC in Bio and Chem. Surrey gave me an interview and got back to me within a week, and they gave me an offer of ABB. I had an interview in Cardiff on the 18th and they replied within a day! Really surprised as I felt the interview went very badly ( I was repeating myself and my answers weren't structured at all). They gave me an offer of 280 points I think and BB in bio and chem. I have an interview at King's on the 23rd of Jan, but I think all uni's do them in batches, so you might be in the next lot to be processed. Hope you're having a great Xmas, and I wouldn't worry they have ages to get back to you! X
Reply 116
Original post by Timea
Then, it means that from the following choices:

01 Private finance - Entire cost of tuition fees is to be paid by private finance.

02 UK, ChI, loM or EU student finance services - Applying for student support assessment by local authority, Student Finance England, Student Finance Wales, Student Awards Agency for Scotland, Student Finance NI (Northern Ireland), Northern Ireland Education and Library Board, SLC EU Team, Channel Island or Isle of Man agency.

04 Research councils - Contribution from a research council.

05 DHSS/Regional Health - Contribution from the Department of Health and Social Security or from a Regional Health Authority.

06 UK Govt international award - International student award from the UK Government or the British Council.

07 Training agency - Contribution from a training agency.

08 Other UK Govt award - Contribution from another Government source.

09 International agency - Contribution from an international agency, government, university or industry.

10 UK Industry/commerce - Contribution from UK industry or commerce.

90 Other source - Other source of finance.

99 Not known - Not known.

I should choose the 05 DHSS/Regional Health and not the 02 code, right?

I would say 05 is going to be correct as it's funded for UK and EU students of which you fulfil the criteria. I'd probably ring ucas just to make sure.

Original post by Zoe_333
For those of you who have received offers already, what have the conditions been please? Have they all been around the 320 mark?

My offers are ABB, BBC and 320 points with an A in Biology, C in Physics and A in AS Chemistry. Essentially I just need ACEa with the E being my third A Level as the points from my AS levels are sufficient pointwise, they just want three full A Levels.
Reply 117
Thank you ElleF12 and Prees for you replies. I live in Plymouth and am desperately hoping I will gain a place here as would prefer not to have to relocate (I don't have any children or ties so could move if I had to though) Also being 31 I would like to qualify in 3 years rather than 4 as I haven't had children yet and hope to have a family so don't want to leave it too long. I have interviews for London Met and Surrey in January but really hoping I hear back from my other 3 choices which are the 3 year routes!!
Hope everyone is having a lovely Christmas!!
Reply 118
Hope you've all had a good start to the new year :smile: We'll have done all our interviews before we know it! I was wondering, what does everybody plan to wear to the interviews? Are most people in suits? :smile:
Reply 119
Original post by Laitz
Hope you've all had a good start to the new year :smile: We'll have done all our interviews before we know it! I was wondering, what does everybody plan to wear to the interviews? Are most people in suits? :smile:

Definitely wear something 'nice', I made the mistake of turning up underdressed to my first interview and it made me feel uncomfortable all day.

Quick Reply

Latest