The Student Room Group

Tudor Help!

Hi All,

First of all, I’m not a big fan of Tudors, it’s the only topic that I can’t understand. My essay question is ‘The Tudors created an effective and coherent myth of personal and dynastic authority’. I just need some idea in which direction to go, I don’t want the question answered, just what the question wants me to answer. I’ve asked my lecturer but as Christmas is here I’m sure I won’t hear anything this side of Christmas.

Any help would be appreciated
Well I suppose it's about the aftermath of the wars of the roses. The Tudors in a way brought stability from that, however there was always a threat from those who had more right to the throne, such as the remainders of the Plantagenet's. Henry VII created a dynasty through his son Henry VIII who then went on to have all 3 of his legitimate childrens ruling monarchs. For henry VIII, part of his dynastic authority was establishing him, the king, as supreme head of the church and not the pope. So the king was the ruler, end of. I'm not to sure, but I think your question asks you to speak about this authority- which was established through the creation of the CofE?
Reply 2
Original post by *Dreaming*
Well I suppose it's about the aftermath of the wars of the roses. The Tudors in a way brought stability from that, however there was always a threat from those who had more right to the throne, such as the remainders of the Plantagenet's. Henry VII created a dynasty through his son Henry VIII who then went on to have all 3 of his legitimate childrens ruling monarchs. For henry VIII, part of his dynastic authority was establishing him, the king, as supreme head of the church and not the pope. So the king was the ruler, end of. I'm not to sure, but I think your question asks you to speak about this authority- which was established through the creation of the CofE?

Thanks for the reply, sorry it took ages to reply but been busy with Christmas.
Yeah, that’s great help at the moment my essay is spilt into three sections
Henry VII
- Marrying a Yorkist to secure his dynasty
- Aswell as war of the Roses
Henry VIII
- Securing his dynasty with a male heir
- Information on his six wives
- Aswell as the becoming a big part in church of England.
Original post by Thesnake19
Hi All,

First of all, I’m not a big fan of Tudors, it’s the only topic that I can’t understand. My essay question is ‘The Tudors created an effective and coherent myth of personal and dynastic authority’. I just need some idea in which direction to go, I don’t want the question answered, just what the question wants me to answer. I’ve asked my lecturer but as Christmas is here I’m sure I won’t hear anything this side of Christmas.

Any help would be appreciated

I think this is just screaming out Royal Supremacy?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending