The Student Room Group

Chemistry Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
Original post by .snowflake.
YES! Nice to see you making stuff with your mollymod kit! It's what I did when I got mine in first year, made caffeine and teased the dentist across the corridoor with it!

Omg, I just made caffeine! :biggrin:
caffeine.jpg
Original post by Gotzz
Omg, I just made caffeine! :biggrin:
caffeine.jpg

aww. you've got the big ones! I've got a set, but the balls are tiny :/
Reply 1202
aww. you've got the big ones! I've got a set, but the balls are tiny :/

Oh, I didn't know there were smaller ones!
Original post by Gotzz
Oh, I didn't know there were smaller ones!

mm. the one I've been given is like a special set. All different length bonds and things.
Reply 1204
mm. the one I've been given is like a special set. All different length bonds and things.

That sounds cool! I have this one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Molecular-Model-Set-Kit-Organic-and-Inorganic-Chemistry-for-Teachers-Students-/350622881081?pt=UK_Toys_Creative_Educational_RL&hash=item51a2c09539
Which has four different types of bonds, but I don't really know what to use the two little ones for? :s-smilie:
Original post by Gotzz
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Molecular-Model-Set-Kit-Organic-and-Inorganic-Chemistry-for-Teachers-Students-/350622881081?pt=UK_Toys_Creative_Educational_RL&hash=item51a2c09539
Which has four different types of bonds, but I don't really know what to use the two little ones for? :s-smilie:

I have no idea. Lone pairs??
Reply 1206
I have no idea. Lone pairs??

That's the only thing I could think of :redface:
Original post by Gotzz
That's the only thing I could think of :redface:

Atleast we're singing off the same song sheet I suppose. Good luck with all of your offers that you're still waiting for (See, now it's on topic....)
Reply 1208
Atleast we're singing off the same song sheet I suppose. Good luck with all of your offers that you're still waiting for (See, now it's on topic....)

Haha, thank you!
Reply 1209
Original post by Gotzz

The small ones are for a space-filling model instead of the spread-out thing that you've made. Like this:

Reply 1210
Original post by BJack
The small ones are for a space-filling model instead of the spread-out thing that you've made. Like this:

Oh, I see! Thank you.
Original post by Alotties
I'm starting my MChem degree at University of Hull next month.
I applied to Southampton/Cardiff/Leicester/Bangor aswell.
Also, I only got BCCCC at AS and still received all 5 offers from AAB to BBB.
If anyone has any questions about Hull/Chemistry/Personal Statements/Applying with low grades or any of the other unis I applied for, feel free to PM me.

Hi,
As you've been at hull for a while, would you be able to tell me about the university, the city and the chemsitry department please.

Thank you.
Hey guys, I originally applied for medicine, but after realising that I'm not 100% sure I want to do that, I'm currently planning on withdrawing my application around February and applying for chemistry through extra :smile:
Reply 1213
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Hey guys, I originally applied for medicine, but after realising that I'm not 100% sure I want to do that, I'm currently planning on withdrawing my application around February and applying for chemistry through extra :smile:

Where will you apply?
Original post by Gotzz
Where will you apply?

I have no idea, we can only apply to one uni at a time through extra, and depending on whether they'd consider me, I'm thinking Nottingham and Sheffield
Reply 1215
I have no idea, we can only apply to one uni at a time through extra, and depending on whether they'd consider me, I'm thinking Nottingham and Sheffield

I have offers from those :smile:
Original post by Gotzz
I have offers from those :smile:

Ah congrats :smile: where else did you apply?

Welcome to the thread!, i hope you get into medicine but even if you don't chemistry is a fantastic degree/career! :biggrin:
Original post by TheAlchemistt
Welcome to the thread!, i hope you get into medicine but even if you don't chemistry is a fantastic degree/career! :biggrin:

Thank you :smile: I'm actually planning on withdrawing my medicine application as I don't really want to do it anymore. I hope I do get in to chemistry this year
Thank you :smile: I'm actually planning on withdrawing my medicine application as I don't really want to do it anymore. I hope I do get in to chemistry this year

Well, i wish you the best of luck, where you thinking to apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending