The Student Room Group

why is homosexuality wrong??

genuinely curious that's it xxD please share your wisdoms :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

It's not. There are, unfortunately, some morons who still hold prehistoric views, mostly influenced from the Bible I must say, but I do not see the issue some people have with it. It doesn't affect you. Why would you want to prevent two people who are perfectly happy together from being able to do that?
Reply 2
It's as "wrong" or "right" as incest, necrophilia, cannibalism, bestiality etc.
Reply 3
Original post by Al-Mudaari

I'm deeply concerned if you can't see a difference between loving someone of the same gender and having sex with an animal or eating another person.
Reply 4

OK then, why are those things you mentioned wrong?
idk, you tell me...
Reply 6
Original post by IlexBlue
I'm deeply concerned if you can't see a difference between loving someone of the same gender and having sex with an animal or eating another person.

Bestiality

1. Bestiality is legal in some European Western countries.

2. The justification brought forth is that the animal doesn't feel pain, isn't psychologically effected by it - Same argument for Homosexuality.

3. If consent is an issue, then slaughtering animals, riding them or using them for some human benefit should not be allowed.

Cannibalism

1. It's based on consent - Same as Homosexuality.

2. It's between two loving people - Same as Homosexuality

I hope that was educational for you.
Reply 7

You must have been dropped on your head pretty hard as a kid.
Reply 8

Bestiality

1. Bestiality is legal in some European Western countries.

2. The justification brought forth is that the animal doesn't feel pain, isn't psychologically effected by it - Same argument for Homosexuality.

3. If consent is an issue, then slaughtering animals, riding them or using them for some human benefit should not be allowed.

Cannibalism

1. It's based on consent - Same as Homosexuality.

2. It's between two loving people - Same as Homosexuality

I hope that was educational for you.

No, just deeply disturbing and cause to seriously question your state of mind.
Reply 9
Original post by IlexBlue
My close minded western oriented world perceptions have just been challenged, there is clear hypocrisy in my rational, I'm having a major moral dilemma - which is why I've come to the conclusion that you should question your state of mind.

How I read it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
hey guys just got this off from my friend on facebook! what do you think of this? how would you refute against him?

"Gay rights... since when did we support something that was wrong? Something that even animals, that, with the less brain capacity,don't do? Perhaps, can we think that reasons and logic has lead us astray, perhaps reasons and logic is wrong this time? Since when did we lose common sense? why are we ignoring the laws that was written in our hearts when we were born? Why are we artificially coming up with man-made reasons and trying to indoctrinate ourselves that it is morally correct? If homosexuality is not wrong then nothing is wrong. If mankind looks and fights for the rights of homosexuality, then soon we might have to see mankind fighting for the rights of pedophilia, claiming that it is the same kind of love."
Reply 11
How I read it.

You equate animals and humans as being the same?

You equate having sex with a creature completely unable to consent, not to mention being of an entirely different species and the mental state of the perpetrator being severely questionable, as the same as having sex with a human partner when they're of the same gender?

You're comparing homosexuality to cannibalism? The two are in no one even remotely related and again, one calls into question the mental faculty of the individuals involved?

It's disgusting.
How I read it.

It is how you read it, using your conformational bias for your Bronze age religion. There is nothing inherently wrong with Homosexuality, it is just another form of sexuality, there is everything wrong with Islam.
Because relationships should only be between males and females
Original post by Jeonghyun
hey guys just got this off from my friend on facebook! what do you think of this? how would you refute against him?

"Gay rights... since when did we support something that was wrong? Something that even animals, that, with the less brain capacity,don't do? Perhaps, can we think that reasons and logic has lead us astray, perhaps reasons and logic is wrong this time? Since when did we lose common sense? why are we ignoring the laws that was written in our hearts when we were born? Why are we artificially coming up with man-made reasons and trying to indoctrinate ourselves that it is morally correct? If homosexuality is not wrong then nothing is wrong. If mankind looks and fights for the rights of homosexuality, then soon we might have to see mankind fighting for the rights of pedophilia, claiming that it is the same kind of love."

Simple, ignore the ****, he will soon run out of friends. The idiot is claiming that Paedophilia is consensual, maybe you can buy him a toilet roll to wipe his mouth.
Reply 15
Because it is against the course of nature, because two men/women cannot be happy together. Because children never asked to be born and having heterosexual parents is their most basic right. Because god forbids it.
Original post by ihatebrownbread
Because relationships should only be between males and females

Proof? I found out the other day, slime mould has 13 sexes, each can reproduce with each other, which of the 13 are you?
It isn't. End of discussion.
Original post by nimrodstower
Proof? I found out the other day, slime mould has 13 sexes, each can reproduce with each other, which of the 13 are you?

The bible. You might want to try and read it and understand it in a logical way.

Take your trolling elsewhere, it's becoming very tiresome now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending