The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SyedaK
Both the wigs were a little obvious, but I did not expect Amelia to be back!

Honestly, I thought Matt's wig looked fine. I only remembered half way through that it was a wig!
Original post by Aula
I missed this. When did he say that?

When he came back as young matt and clara pointed out the lack of a face change, he said it'd had started, that was just the reset for a whole new regeneration cycle.
Original post by Mr.Messy
I didn't really dig it. If he couldn't regenerate any more, how the heck did he start to regenerate in The Impossible Astronaut? Episode was pretty awesome for 30/40 minutes but then Dalek stalks came out of foreheads, Tasha Lem started narrating randomly, and asdhjsudfhsd stuff happened that I cant get my head around.

Sad to see Matt go, with better writing he really could have achieved much more. Happy with Capaldi though, pretty funny entrance and all. :biggrin:

Oh yeah ... good point :redface:
Are we to assume that there are infinite daleks across the universe, even though they were destroyed on Skaro?
Reply 2904
I have mixed feelings about that episode. In general, the Christmas specials are beyond ****, and this wasn't all that bad, but it wasn't amazing either. I'll have to give it a rewatch a year or so down the line I reckon.

I'd have liked a bit more to the regeneration though. I can't help but feel that I don't have a sense of closure for Matt's Doctor.
(edited 10 years ago)
Really loved it! :biggrin:

Cried though, I'm such a wimp :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am severely disappointed we didn't get to see flames.

Look how cool a regeneration this was.

Matt>Capaldi happened to quick to process. It was beginning to get emosh and then BAM, enter Capaldi and the scene is broken. :shakecane:
Original post by St. Brynjar

Spoiler

Overall I'd give it a 6/10 and I'm really excited for number 12!

Capaldi emerging from the flames would have been epic. They should have done that. The face change was a bit sudden and a bit 'oh'.
7/10 for me, best episode of 2012 and 2013 remains 'Nightmare in Silver'.

Could have been more active at times but the Amelia stuff in the Tardis was great.
Original post by Lucy96
Really loved it! :biggrin:

Cried though, I'm such a wimp :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I cried too :colondollar:
What an awful episode!
I didn't enjoy that half as much as the 50th, TBH. Also, when the Doctor said "I've got a plan", tapping his nose, then told Clara that he didn't have a plan, he was sitting right next to the source of the truth field, so am I missing something or was that a plothole?

I'll give the next series a try though, definitely.
Original post by Aula
I missed this. When did he say that?

When the Doctor said his face was reset, and that he was about to regenerate again. Think Clara asked how and he said new set of regens.

Probably not exactly like that but he definitely said a new cycle was given to him.
Wasn't keen to be honest - the whole thing felt a bit underwhelming, not as good as the 50th and (as regens go) not as good as Tennant's... I don't know... wasn't too fussed really.
Reply 2914
Original post by Jarred
I have mixed feelings about that episode. In general, the Christmas specials are beyond ****, and this wasn't all that bad, but it wasn't amazing either. I'll have to give it a rewatch a year or so down the line I reckon.

I'd have liked a bit more to the regeneration though. I can't help but feel that I don't have a sense of closure for Matt's Doctor.

I rather liked the lack of closure. 10's was ridiculous. Regen should be short and sweet IMO.

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
When he came back as young matt and clara pointed out the lack of a face change, he said it'd had started, that was just the reset for a whole new regeneration cycle.

Ah, okay. I shall have to watch it again without being distracted by a 1 year old playing with his new toy garage :giggle:
Original post by Cheese_Monster
Are we to assume that there are infinite daleks across the universe, even though they were destroyed on Skaro?

I still don't understand the Dalek's hiding inside other things thing Moffat's got going on (I think its a Moffat thing anyway). The first time it happened in Asylum of the Daleks, everyone hated it. Why would you go back to that?

What the **** anyway, Dalek stalks out of foreheads?! Come on bro. :shakecane:
I was so happy when they did the Amelia Pond stuff :colone:
Original post by Maid Marian
I cried too :colondollar:

Glad I'm not the only one haha! :colondollar: though I even had tears in my eyes when it first showed him really old and he couldn't pull the cracker :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
6/10- Good in comparison to other shows but pretty average for Dr Who.
Original post by Robbie242
I was so happy when they did the Amelia Pond stuff :colone:

Thought of you the minute she was introduced :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest