Yet another Marks and Spencer muslim scandal- refusing kids bible book Watch

Ace123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Muslims at M&S refused to sell a kids book of bible stories to a grandmother for being 'unclean'

Imagine the uproar if someone had refused to sell halal meat or something based on the koran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...er-claims.html
DiddyDec
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can we have a better source than the Daily Mail?
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
double standards i see. Sack her shes the only unclean one!
عادل
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A spokesman for Marks & Spencer today said that an investigation into the alleged incident was under way.
She added: "We are surprised by this alleged incident and are investigating it thoroughly.
"It appears that there has been some misunderstanding over what was said.
"We have apologised to Mrs Friday over any distress caused."
A source close to the shop assistant claimed there had been a misunderstanding.
She said: "I think there was some confusion over what the customer heard."
Mrs Friday said that the incident had ruined her trip to the sales in Reading, Berks, with her daughter.
She said: "I went to the till and heard the girl say it was unclean and then she got someone else to serve me.
"At first I wasn't sure what was going on and then I realised she was wearing a headdress and I clicked that the title of the book had Bible in it.

Everyone seems a bit confused.
Clip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Totally agree. Nothing in the whole world is more important than contradicting the Mail.

If the Mail says it's Boxing Day - it is automatically untrue. No argument. No debate. Just automatically untrue.
Some random guy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The cashier is an idiot, nothing more to be said really. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of Muslims wouldn't agree with this. But I think you're just looking for an outrageous reaction so I'll give you one.

THEM DAM MUZZIES DISRISPECTING OUR KULCHER! WE SHOULD DEPORT THE LOT OF EM!
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
That's absurd.
Jargent
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ace123)
Muslims at M&S refused to sell a kids book of bible stories to a grandmother for being 'unclean'

Imagine the uproar if someone had refused to sell halal meat or something based on the koran

Snow ball effect, they refused servicing Tommy at Selfridges, employers are have to wake-up.
Keyenesian
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think you would all be reluctant to serve military bombs to self-proclaimed terrorists.
Psyk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by person in daily mail article)
I am not racist but I have vowed never to let a person wearing a head-dress serve me again.
You know someone's about to say something racist when they start a sentence "I'm not racist but..."

I just straight up don't believe this story. Or maybe it really was a misunderstanding? Maybe she was actually covered in excrement and that's why she was 'unclean'?
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
I wish I could neg this post.
Le Nombre
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Keyenesian)
I think you would all be reluctant to serve military bombs to self-proclaimed terrorists.
How many people on TSR do you think are arms dealers?!

And if they were, course they would, arms dealers are pretty much the scummiest people on Earth, they'd happily sell their own granny for a fiver.
Mourinho<3
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You would think these Muslims would look at the backlash they are getting for the whole Muslim community based on their stupidity.

This story sounds too ridiculous to be true, it really does. Same shop (M&S), same problem again? I hope it isn't true but wouldn't bet against it, Daily Mail or not.
phantomoftsr
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jargent)
Snow ball effect, they refused servicing Tommy at Selfridges, employers are have to wake-up.
Tommy has repented of his evil ways so bringing that incident into the debate is no use, especially since Tommy was also given a free meal by Selfridges later on. Anyhow, their refusing to serve Tommy isn't the same as refusing to serve bacon. By refusing to serve Tommy they refused to serve a person who actively hated them, and that is perfectly justified.
phantomoftsr
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ace123)

There would be an uproar if somebody refused to sell halal meat, and rightly so. There is also an uproar at the M&S Muslims refusing to serve bacon, wine and now, apparently, the Bible, so really it goes both ways.
Also, it wouldn't be correct to take these M&S Muslims and say that all Muslims behind all tills will refuse to serve you bacon and wine. Many Muslims behind tills do serve bacon and wine. I've seen them with my own disapproving eyes.
Heather11
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[QUOTE=Ace123;45692448]Muslims at M&S refused to sell a kids book of bible stories to a grandmother for being 'unclean'

:giggle: Shocking!! - Am I bothered? :nah:

It might even open the grandmother's eyes to other ethnicities. I think we should have a gentler touch with integrating other ethinic communities into britain anyway, instead of bigots flying off the handle at these incidents.

Encourage the grandmother go + buy a petticoat instead! M&S has fab + sexy women's clothing for all ages!!
x
mynameisntbobk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Keyenesian)

How is that in any way relevant? The two are not equivalent
scott18044
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Heather11)
It might even open the grandmother's eyes to other ethnicities.

I agree. Wanting to buy a book related to Biblical stories means, without doubt, that you need your eyes opening to other ethnicities. How intolerant of her.

It's a shame that these things seem to cause the backlash that they do, when they are really quite isolated incidents involving individuals. Not saying it should just be excused but sometimes I think people lose sight of the fact that most Muslims almost certainly wouldn't hold that view.
cuckoo99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
SO MUCH STUFF ABOUT MUSLIMS ON THIS SITE ARRRRGGGGGFGG! I feel like TSR is trying to brainwash me with hate for Islam lol. That cashier was crazy though xD
CEKTOP
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Fire the cashier. End of story.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (140)
18.74%
Labour (319)
42.7%
Liberal Democrats (152)
20.35%
Green Party (41)
5.49%
Brexit Party (21)
2.81%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.27%
SNP (9)
1.2%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.8%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)