Chemistry - A*
Physics - A*
English Literature - A*
Geography - A*
English Language - A
German - A
Economics - A
FSMQ Add. Maths (not really GCSE though) - C

Anyway, I am extremely delighted with my results, however I am unsure as to whether I should resit Economics. My reasoning for this is that I did 50% of the GCSE in year 10, and 50% in year eleven. In year 10, I got 100%, therefore this year I got a B.
Should I resit if I know I can get an A*, after all, I lost many marks through not reading the questions properly, or should I be grateful for the A and leave it at that? What do you guys think?
I would never recommend resitting a GCSE unless you felt it was absolutely paramount for the future, which in most cases, insn't the case unless it's Maths or English if they are below a C grade.

Your grades are pretty good on the whole.
Reply 2
i dont think you should resit economics because your grades are really good, its just more stress and tension , i mean its not like you git a B or C so my suggestion is do not resit
There's no point. It adds nothing to what is already a very good set of results. Just work hard at A-Level and make sure you learn from your mistake and read the question properly.
Reply 4
I'm assuming you go grammer school, and yer I think you should resit.
Reply 5
Original post by hunta
I'm assuming you go grammer school, and yer I think you should resit.

no state
Reply 6
Original post by ninuzu
no state

? Grammar schools are state schools, I presume you mean comprehensive.

(For historical reasons, there are some private schools with 'Grammar' in the title, just as there are some comprehensives, but grammar schools are selective state schools.)

..but in answer to your original question, don't bother.
Reply 7
No. These are great grades.
Reply 8
Yes, A is a crappy grade. You won't get anywhere in life with that [sarcasm intended]. Honestly, don't bother.
Reply 9
Original post by Keyenesian
Yes, A is a crappy grade. You won't get anywhere in life with that [sarcasm intended]. Honestly, don't bother.

This was 2 years ago...
Reply 10
Original post by ninuzu
This was 2 years ago...

:redface: Didn't realise. Please update.. what are you studying now and where?
Reply 11
Original post by Keyenesian
:redface: Didn't realise. Please update.. what are you studying now and where?

:lol: It's fine :smile:
I'm on my gap year atm, will be studying physics next year :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by ninuzu
:lol: It's fine :smile:
I'm on my gap year atm, will be studying physics next year :tongue:

Gap yeah! Maybe now is the time to retake 'em since you got lots of time on your hands. Go for all A*s or are you afraid to be Oxbridge material?
Reply 13
Yeah you should, these results are disgraceful.

Quick Reply

Latest