The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3600
Original post by sherrycui
Still waiting for economics offer,after my five weeks and receive another 4weeks.

What was the 4 weeks mail like? Did it say that you were one of the strongest applicant?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 3601
Just wondering, if LSE usually make offers higher than their entry requirements?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3602
Original post by corax
Just wondering, if LSE usually make offers higher than their entry requirements?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still waiting for economics offer,after my five weeks and receive another 4weeks.

That confident, are we?
Original post by Mike_123
That confident, are we?

Hah,yep,what subject are you apply?
Original post by solaars
What was the 4 weeks mail like? Did it say that you were one of the strongest applicant?

Yes,that's it!Have you get the "strongest"mail?
Yes,that's it!Have you get the "strongest"mail?

I'm not sure if the "strongest applicant" e-mail is good or not by this stage, I got one too, and so did 7 other ppl from our year...

does anybody know what the student life is like in LSE?? party school or nerdy school?
Hah,yep,what subject are you apply?

Straight economics, same as you

Original post by dulwichltyu
I'm not sure if the "strongest applicant" e-mail is good or not by this stage, I got one too, and so did 7 other ppl from our year...

does anybody know what the student life is like in LSE?? party school or nerdy school?

Probably nerdy, but you can make the most of out university and party all you like... it's in london
Reply 3608
Has anyone got an offer for BSc in Politics and Philosophy?

Yeah I got the 4 weeks "strongest applicant" email thing too...

In my school, so far only 2 applicants to LSE have heard back (one rejection, one offer) and I think me and a few others are still waiting! :s-smilie:
Reply 3609
Original post by absmith9296
I think applying early to LSE makes a huge difference because they have rolling admissions, unlike a lot of really prestigious universities in the States. I applied before the Oxbridge deadline and had an offer in 10 days, on the other hand my friend is still waiting for his decision even though its been 2 weeks after the 5 week period indicated on the email! Does anyone know if this has always been their policy, or whether its something new?

Best of luck to those waiting on their decisions!

don't worry, they sent me another email extending my waiting period 2 weeks after the 5 week period. Tell your friend not to worry; as long as he/she doesn't get a rejection, they're still in the game! :smile: I myself am still [anxiously] waiting for a decision...along with Cambridge's decision... :s-smilie::s-smilie:

Lucky you - an offer in 10 days! Congrats!!
Original post by CG1012
don't worry, they sent me another email extending my waiting period 2 weeks after the 5 week period. Tell your friend not to worry; as long as he/she doesn't get a rejection, they're still in the game! :smile: I myself am still [anxiously] waiting for a decision...along with Cambridge's decision... :s-smilie::s-smilie:

Lucky you - an offer in 10 days! Congrats!!

Same I'm so nervous for Cambridge, its less than a week away now! What did you apply for? And best of luck for both in that case!
Reply 3611
Same I'm so nervous for Cambridge, its less than a week away now! What did you apply for? And best of luck for both in that case!

Are all decisions coming out on Jan 3rd coz it's like a whole university deadline? I never heard anything about this until one of my friends told me coz in their last email, they never mentioned it...

I applied for HSPS at Churchill College. And you? How did your interview go?

Thanks xD
What university deadline ?I mean is this legit info ?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by CG1012
Are all decisions coming out on Jan 3rd coz it's like a whole university deadline? I never heard anything about this until one of my friends told me coz in their last email, they never mentioned it...

I applied for HSPS at Churchill College. And you? How did your interview go?

Thanks xD

About the January 3rd thing, Im not sure if its a university deadline however I think quite a few colleges are sending their offers out on this date. There's a catch however. Most Cambridge colleges send letters by snail mail, so depending on where you live you might not get your letter till the 5th potentially? I know some colleges will also send emails, I really hope mine does. (Applied for economics at Selwyn)
Oh I was just enquiring about the lse
Reply 3615
About the January 3rd thing, Im not sure if its a university deadline however I think quite a few colleges are sending their offers out on this date. There's a catch however. Most Cambridge colleges send letters by snail mail, so depending on where you live you might not get your letter till the 5th potentially? I know some colleges will also send emails, I really hope mine does. (Applied for economics at Selwyn)

But won't they have to contact UCAS about their decision so even if they send it out by post, we can still check via Track?

If not then that's fantastic since I applied on Oct 15th and didn't get my UCAS welcome letter till the start of Dec. Cool, I have 2 friends who applied to Selwyn as well.

Original post by comebackasfire7
Oh I was just enquiring about the lse

Sorry, haha. :colondollar:
The only deadline they've emphasized is the 12 week wait and the 31st March thing; whichever's earlier.

Original post by corax

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately I must disagree. I know of people who have been asked for A*AA for A&F when the typical offer is AAA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
May I ask,

Has any one got an offer from LSE with AS grades : ABBC
but they do have good gcse grades
If it's any of you or you know anyone who has please let me know thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Marinaawesome
May I ask,

Has any one got an offer from LSE with AS grades : ABBC
but they do have good gcse grades
If it's any of you or you know anyone who has please let me know thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile