The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lol Oxford. "I do believe that your team is inferior to ours, my friend."
It depends what you call a fan. Manchester United probably have the lowest percentage of people who define themselves as fans of a club who ever cause any trouble at or whilst travelling to or from football matches, largely because most of them have never been to a football match at all and are glory seekers.
Liverpool fans. They think they're gonna win the league rofl
Most banning orders: Cardiff (121), Chelsea (110), Manchester United (91), Leeds United (72) and Millwall (65)
Most banning orders imposed last season (12/13): Bristol City (34), Scunthorpe United (27), Leeds United (24), Millwall (23), Manchester United (17).
Most arrests for European games: Manchester City (17), Tottenham (3)
Most arrests for domestic games: Newcastle (175), Manchester United (145), Leeds United (101), Manchester City (95), Chelsea (92), Nuneaton Town (87)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/248740/Football_Arrest_BO_Statistics_2012-13.pdf
Leeds and Millwall. 'nuff said.
Original post by barnetlad
It depends what you call a fan. Manchester United probably have the lowest percentage of people who define themselves as fans of a club who ever cause any trouble at or whilst travelling to or from football matches, largely because most of them have never been to a football match at all and are glory seekers.

That's sort of a double-edged statement though. Most years Man United have clearly the highest number of matchday arrests in England, although this past year Newcastle have bumped MUFC off the top of the hooligan league table for the first time in a while because of their riot at the derby with Sunderland. But yes, despite being the worst behaved in numerical terms we would have the lowest as a percentage because no other team in England has anything remotely close to 330 million fans. However if you just consider a % of match attending fans, United would be near the top of every list.
Reply 7
Original post by sr90
Most banning orders: Cardiff (121), Chelsea (110), Manchester United (91), Leeds United (72) and Millwall (65)
Most banning orders imposed last season (12/13): Bristol City (34), Scunthorpe United (27), Leeds United (24), Millwall (23), Manchester United (17).
Most arrests for European games: Manchester City (17), Tottenham (3)
Most arrests for domestic games: Newcastle (175), Manchester United (145), Leeds United (101), Manchester City (95), Chelsea (92), Nuneaton Town (87)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/248740/Football_Arrest_BO_Statistics_2012-13.pdf

Good work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IanDangerously
That's sort of a double-edged statement though. Most years Man United have clearly the highest number of matchday arrests in England, although this past year Newcastle have bumped MUFC off the top of the hooligan league table for the first time in a while because of their riot at the derby with Sunderland. But yes, despite being the worst behaved in numerical terms we would have the lowest as a percentage because no other team in England has anything remotely close to 330 million fans. However if you just consider a % of match attending fans, United would be near the top of every list.

lol...you definitely don't have 330m fans, sorry.
Reply 9
I don't know about the lower leagues really. But Villa in the Premier League, they seem to take great pleasure in booing their own team, I always remember they booed after losing the first game of the season a few years ago. Absolutely pathetic. I've heard them boo after draws this season, I mean get a grip.

As for best fans (not that you asked) i'd say Everton, I always remember the massive numbers that they brought to Sunderland a few years ago, only Newcastle bring that many, they totally filled the away stand. Compare that to Fulham that bring along half a dozen.
Feyenoord.

Reply 11
Every club in Serie A. Horrible, horrible people.
Original post by Jjj90
I don't know about the lower leagues really. But Villa in the Premier League, they seem to take great pleasure in booing their own team, I always remember they booed after losing the first game of the season a few years ago. Absolutely pathetic. I've heard them boo after draws this season, I mean get a grip.

Don't talk ****, no we didn't.

I'm assuming you're a Man. United fan. I don't think anything is wrong with booing other than it being pointless and counter productive but if you want to talk about 'getting a grip' I suggest you mention the Man. Utd fans who have repeatedly booed the current champions at home this season.

Everyone knows the worst (in terms of sheer cringe) fans come from London/the south. Villa aren't even on the radar.

As for best fans (not that you asked) i'd say Everton

Yeah if you like racist bastards Everton are top notch.

Original post by Mackay
Every club in Serie A. Horrible, horrible people.

Agree.
Notts Forest & Bristol City have been the worst I've seen for being knuckle-dragging racists

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm very surprised Blues haven't been mentioned/aren't in the banning orders list because Zulus are seriously nasty bastards. Anyone remember them running onto the pitch in 2010 to attack Villa fans? Slapping Enckelman. Birmingham/Stoke in 2006.

IanDangerously
x

Recently there has been some animosity between Birmingham Fans and Manchester United Fans, where Sir Alex Ferguson described St Andrews as the most intimidating place he has taken his Man United team. This rivalry was first formed in 1982 when playing away at Man city, when the Birmingham hooligans ran into their firm know the Guvnors, so the Birmingham firm Apex (the name before the Zulus) formed a line and though outnumbered went toe to toe with them, when a Blues fan shouted Zulu the name stuck from there on.

Any truth to this? I'm guessing some thick Blues fan wrote the last bit.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Notts Forest & Bristol City have been the worst I've seen for being knuckle-dragging racists

I suggest a visit to Stoke.

A few of the Everton fans I've spoke to (know one quite well) openly admit being racist and they don't care. They said when Kevin Campbell kept them up that was when they calmed down a bit.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/jan/07/race.world

Take with a pinch of salt but there's definitely some truth to it.

Everton fans became notorious in the 1980s for singling out the black footballer John Barnes, who played for Liverpool, during his first appearance in a Merseyside derby, when scores of bananas were thrown on to the pitch. The club was also one of the last in the country to have a black player in the team.
Reply 16
Original post by Wilfred Little

I'm assuming you're a Man. United fan. I don't think anything is wrong with booing other than it being pointless and counter productive but if you want to talk about 'getting a grip' I suggest you mention the Man. Utd fans who have repeatedly booed the current champions at home this season.

Why do you presume I support Man U? I support Sunderland, and believe me, I saw 2 relegation teams play today, Villa were abysmal, even when we took half of our defense off you couldn't create anything, Benteke was a worthless plank upfront; you defended deep from the first minute to the last and had to rely on our makeshift defense make mistakes. I'm not sure if Villa fans are delusional or if they were being ironic but I have never seen such a bad team, play so poorly but have the gall to do the whole 'cheer every pass' thing. We're going down, and you're coming down with us.

But to your credit you can beat the poor teams, we cannot. And you're fans were noisy. So maybe I was being harsh. Most Man U fans have never even been to Manchester so yes, they're the worst of the bunch.
Original post by Jjj90
Why do you presume I support Man U? I support Sunderland

I retract that comment then.

and believe me, I saw 2 relegation teams play today, Villa were abysmal, even when we took half of our defense off you couldn't create anything

Created loads. Two clear one on ones late on, Bacuna's run was another. We should have scored more than one.

Benteke was a worthless plank upfront; you defended deep from the first minute to the last and had to rely on our makeshift defense make mistakes. I'm not sure if Villa fans are delusional or if they were being ironic but I have never seen such a bad team, play so poorly but have the gall to do the whole 'cheer every pass' thing. We're going down, and you're coming down with us.

You willing to bet on that?

But to your credit you can beat the poor teams, we cannot. And you're fans were noisy. So maybe I was being harsh. Most Man U fans have never even been to Manchester so yes, they're the worst of the bunch.

Ta.
Reply 18
It doesn't make you a bad fan to boo your own team. If you pay good money to see your team, you give up time that could be spent with family, you give your emotions...you expect them to deliver. It's entirely correct to boo your own team. I'd be booing every week if I was at Old Trafford. You expect your team to live up to standards.

Aston Villa boo their own team a lot. I've heard them. They gave Houllier a really hard time. Doesn't make them bad fans, they have ambitions and want to be a top 6 team again. Manchester City fans boo a lot as well. No problem.

Liverpool have terrible fans. A sense of entitlement. Many of them are horrible bitter people.

Arsenal fans are smarmy, but you'd expect that. They've been through a lot. Great club though.
Reply 19
Original post by Wilfred Little

Everyone knows the worst (in terms of sheer cringe) fans come from London/the south. Villa aren't even on the radar.

Yeah if you like racist bastards Everton are top notch.

Agree.

Na villa are worst for booing horrible set of fans

Latest