Or else ask me anything you'd like to know about France --I'm pretty bored ahah

Scroll to see replies

what's the best city to live in france? ...for young people :cool:
oui!

:getmecoat:
Reply 3
Original post by martin jol
what's the best city to live in france? ...for young people :cool:

Well the city I live in, Toulouse, in the South, is the 2nd 'university town' in France (there are many, many students here) and apparently there's a good atmosphere and a very good nightlife. Other than that, Paris obviously is an amazing town and French people LOVE foreigners so you'd probably make loads of wealthy friends ahah

Original post by emily_something
oui!

:getmecoat:

Tu es française ? :smile:
Reply 4
Les universités françaises pour une étudiante de langues?

Posted from TSR Mobile
non, je suis les rosbif :frown:, mais j'adore la France :smile:
Original post by Orose
Well the city I live in, Toulouse, in the South, is the 2nd 'university town' in France (there are many, many students here) and apparently there's a good atmosphere and a very good nightlife. Other than that, Paris obviously is an amazing town and French people LOVE foreigners so you'd probably make loads of wealthy friends ahah

cool :smile: the climate down south appeals to me greatly. do you know much about montpellier? how does it compare to toulouse?

cheers.
Reply 7
Original post by smileyy123
Les universités françaises pour une étudiante de langues?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Toutes les universités françaises proposent des langues, je ne saurais pas te dire les quelles sont les mieux, l'Université de Toulouse Mirail pour les langues est apparemment très réputées. Tu veux étudier quelle langue ?

Original post by emily_something
non, je suis les rosbif :frown:, mais j'adore la France :smile:

Les Français aiment beaucoup les rosbifs :wink: tu es déjà venue en France ?
Reply 8
I am half french, live in England but originate from the beautiful countryside of Anncey in the South of France
Reply 9
Original post by martin jol
cool :smile: the climate down south appeals to me greatly. do you know much about montpellier? how does it compare to toulouse?

cheers.

It's really warm in the summer, and right now actually quite warm too, although it's usually chilly. We don't have much snow though :frown:

I've never been to Montepellier, it's a bit farther south and it's really close to the Mediterranean Sea. It's a bit smaller than Toulouse (which is the 4th city in France with about 400 000 inhabitants), I have no idea of the percentage of students there though tbh. People often say they both are lovely cities.
Reply 10
Original post by HN-95
I am half french, live in England but originate from the beautiful countryside of Anncey in the South of France

Not so much in the South - well for me, more in the East ahah I live farther south, and to the West, in Toulouse. I've been to Savoy once but never to Annecy or Lyon. Is one of your parents French?
Reply 11
Original post by Orose
Not so much in the South - well for me, more in the East ahah I live farther south, and to the West, in Toulouse. I've been to Savoy once but never to Annecy or Lyon. Is one of your parents French?

True it is practically on the border of Switzerland but it is nonetheless in the south I guess and yes my mum is french. Are you applying to study here?
Reply 12
i am french. bonjour.
Reply 13
Original post by HN-95
True it is practically on the border of Switzerland but it is nonetheless in the south I guess and yes my mum is french. Are you applying to study here?

Well one could say it is but for people living in Toulouse it's almost in the North ahah No I'm applying to study in Scotland.

Original post by GnomeMage
i am french. bonjour.

Bonsoiiiir ! :smile:
Reply 14
Bonsoir! Γ‡a va?

Question, si je voulais Γ©tudier la mΓ©dicine lΓ  (je suis de la Grande-Bretagne), oΓΉ est Le meilleur endroit? :smile:

Pardonnez-moi, mon français est très rouillè. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
So rugby is more popular in the south of France as opposed to the north right?

Also do a lot of French still have a class of wine with each meal? Or is that just a stereotype?
Reply 16
Original post by Orose
Toutes les universités françaises proposent des langues, je ne saurais pas te dire les quelles sont les mieux, l'Université de Toulouse Mirail pour les langues est apparemment très réputées. Tu veux étudier quelle langue

Posted from TSR Mobile

J'étudie français et español (première année). Mais pendant le troisième il faut passer 6 mois dans un pays francophone et 6 mois en Espagne etc
J'ai dΓ©cidΓ© que je vais Γ©tudier lΓ  au lieu de travailler ou faire un stage etc
Merci!
Reply 17
Original post by Swanbow
So rugby is more popular in the south of France as opposed to the north right?

Also do a lot of French still have a class of wine with each meal? Or is that just a stereotype?

Yes it is, people really really like rugby in the South West. In the East people like football better I'd say, since there is Marseille and the OM.
My father drinks wine with each meal, I couldn't tell whether it's just him or everyone in France. My teachers at lunch drink cheap wine ahah apart from Champagne and a small dozen of 'grands crus' (well maybe a little more, idk) wine is not that classy. You can buy wine for less than 2€.

Original post by EcstaZEEH
Bonsoir! Γ‡a va?

Question, si je voulais Γ©tudier la mΓ©dicine lΓ  (je suis de la Grande-Bretagne), oΓΉ est Le meilleur endroit? :smile:

Pardonnez-moi, mon français est très rouillè. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oui Γ§a va, merci :smile: Pour Γ©tudier la mΓ©decine, toutes les facs de France le proposent mais c'est de notoriΓ©tΓ© publique que c'est vraiment trΓ¨s, trΓ¨s dur en France. Tous les Γ©tudiants - ou presque - redoublent leur premiΓ¨re annΓ©e. La fac de Toulouse est rΓ©putΓ©e comme plus sΓ©lective, donc je ne choisirais pas celle-lΓ . Je pense que les facs de mΓ©decine du Nord de la France sont plus 'faciles', c'est Γ  dire que plus de gens sont acceptΓ©s (plus gros quotas). Mais je ne suis pas persuadΓ©e que ce soit une bonne idΓ©e de venir Γ©tudier mΓ©decine en France, si mΓͺme pour les FranΓ§ais c'est dur...

Original post by smileyy123

Posted from TSR Mobile

J'étudie français et español (première année). Mais pendant le troisième il faut passer 6 mois dans un pays francophone et 6 mois en Espagne etc
J'ai dΓ©cidΓ© que je vais Γ©tudier lΓ  au lieu de travailler ou faire un stage etc
Merci!

Dans ce cas si tu veux étudier l'espagnol tu devrais venir dans le Sud de la France, près de l'Espagne, (Haha non, ce n'est pas de la pub pour Toulouse) comme ça tu pourras avoir de vrais professeurs espagnols, et tu peux te rendre en Espagne très facilement (ils viennent d'inaugurer une ligne TGV entre Toulouse et Barcelone, qui est maintenant seulement à 3h de train).
Reply 18
Original post by Orose
Well one could say it is but for people living in Toulouse it's almost in the North ahah No I'm applying to study in Scotland.

I was going to apply to Scottish universities, it's free for us! By the way how is your English so good, all my cousins in France are useless at it haha
Reply 19
Original post by HN-95

I was going to apply to Scottish universities, it's free for us! By the way how is your English so good, all my cousins in France are useless at it haha

Oh, are you Scottish? I've applied to GCU :smile: Aw thank you, well I learnt it on my own tbh, by watching series on the internet ahah yeah most people here pretty much suck at English or any foreign language -and don't even speak proper French.

Quick Reply

Latest