The Student Room Group

id"s for clubing

Am a student in Edinburgh can i use my foreign drivers licence to buy drinks and get into clubs in Edinburgh. I hate carrying my passport about.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by headarms
Am a student in Edinburgh can i use my foreign drivers licence to buy drinks and get into clubs in Edinburgh. I hate carrying my passport about.

I am sure you can as long as it got your photo and date of birth.
Reply 2
Driving licence and passport are the only ones 100% accepted, pass id (like citizen card and what not) are meant to be accepted everywhere but you will find that some places will turn it away. Anything else you will be lucky to get in anywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by kumori
Driving licence and passport are the only ones 100% accepted, pass id (like citizen card and what not) are meant to be accepted everywhere but you will find that some places will turn it away. Anything else you will be lucky to get in anywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agree with this.
Passport or driving license and you're fine.
My friend has a citizen card and he's never gotten in anywhere with it. Bouncers just say no to them.
Reply 4
ohh so driver's licence of any nationality is accepted
Reply 5
Is a European driving licensee accepted? It's off a mate I'm not 18 yet..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by J56
Is a European driving licensee accepted? It's off a mate I'm not 18 yet..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would be careful with other people's ID. If it's confiscated, then both you and your friend can get in trouble and I don't think your friend will want that! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Harantony
I would be careful with other people's ID. If it's confiscated, then both you and your friend can get in trouble and I don't think your friend will want that! :smile:

I've used it to buy a game and we look alike! But will bouncers accept a eu driving permit? (It's like the driving Licence we get here but you can use it anywhere in the EU?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by J56
I've used it to buy a game and we look alike! But will bouncers accept a eu driving permit? (It's like the driving Licence we get here but you can use it anywhere in the EU?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It probably depends if the people requesting the ID recognise it. If they know what EU ID looks like then you should be fine, and it's likely they will if you're using it within the EU. The safest option is to use your passport but it can probably get easily lost! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by J56

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know someone who uses their French driving licence and its never been rejected (but that's in Cardiff)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending