The Student Room Group

Current Year 13 Thread (2013/14) - Mark I

Current Year 13 thread (2013/14) :bigsmile:
Brought to you by Pandora. and usycool1
[scroll]:parrot:[/scroll]

It's time... our final year as a year group approaches... it's year 13! :zomg:

To celebrate, we have a number of things planned. :woo:

For those of you around in year 11, you may remember that we made a TSR Zoo with a picture drawn by each of us (look to usycool1's signature for a reminder). Well the good news is that we'll be doing it again! :biggrin: It won't be until towards the end of the year, but it's something to look forward to. Get thinking about what your favourite animals / which animal best represents you, and await more details later in the year! :smile:

We'll also be producing a year 13 yearbook towards the end of the year! This will end up in a collection of pages, each one belonging to a particular thread member and will be full of messages from other users on the thread, almost like those that a lot of us will have done at the end of year 11. If you're interested in being involved in this (and I really hope you are!), please PM me your interest from now until next April (date TBC). After that date, I'll publish a list of all members and you can send me your messages for each member ready to be compiled into the final yearbook pages. :smile:

If you have any other ideas for how to celebrate our final year together, please post them on the thread! We'd all love to do as many things as possible to make year 13 the best it can be! :awesome:
If you have any questions, feel free to ask away!

Best of luck for the coming year, and most importantly - ENJOY YOURSELF! :party2:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me. :h:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Awesome! I can't believe it's (almost) year 13 already though :eek:
Reply 3
Original post by usycool1
Awesome! I can't believe it's (almost) year 13 already though :eek:
Year 12 went by so quickly I barely saw it! I'm both scared and excited for what year 13 is going to bring though. :biggrin:
Reply 4
Oh this is terrifying :eek: but, I welcome the challenge :colone:

Spoiler

'Sup late nighters :cool:

Year went by ridiculously quickly, can only imagine how fast next year will go. Only 1 year left. :moon:

On a side note, jelly of dem 7 gems :sexface:
(edited 10 years ago)
One year from now...I'll be reading this and thinking ...:colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Felix Felicis

Spoiler

'Sup late nighters :cool:

Year went by ridiculously quickly, can only imagine how fast next year will go. Only 1 year left. :moon:

On a side note, jelly of dem 7 gems :sexface:
How's things? :cool: Recovered from last night's disaster? :sad:

I've only just noticed that I've made it to 7 gems too now. Usy, I'm coming after you! :teeth:
Original post by Pandora.
How's things? :cool: Recovered from last night's disaster? :sad:

I've only just noticed that I've made it to 7 gems too now. Usy, I'm coming after you! :teeth:

Jimmies were rustled after last night though I think I've recovered. Promising signs, that was some vintage Federer there, gonna keep my hopes up for Flushing Meadows. :yy: That was the most I've seen him run in ages, as well. :teehee:

inb4 Nadal fans time to retire
Reply 9
Original post by Felix Felicis
Jimmies were rustled after last night though I think I've recovered. Promising signs, that was some vintage Federer there, gonna keep my hopes up for Flushing Meadows. :yy: That was the most I've seen him run in ages, as well. :teehee:

inb4 Nadal fans time to retire
Same. Oh definitely, he was definitely at a high standard for a lot of that match! A real pleasure to watch. Yep, hopefully he can keep form for the next few weeks. Good point :teehee:

:lol:
Reply 10
Quotes (if I forget you, I'm sincerely sorry :colondollar:) :teeth:

justinawe
x

L'Evil Fish
x

Lucy96
x

lilgem
x

keromedic
x

mynameisntbobk
x

Robbie242
x

Blueray2
x

purplemind
x

Boy_wonder_95
x

Endless Blue
x

justanotherindigo
x

furryface12
x

g.k.galloway
x

Soontobesuper
x

sophiekutie
x

Chloe_P
x

Deziah
x

Paparazzo
x

ElMoro
x

Choppie
x

x-Sophie-x
x

Zigggyy.
x

Paramore<3
x

Alex-Torres
x

ethery
x

cubic
x

c3ntury
x

CharlieBoardman
x

WAIT, WE'RE YEAR 13s NOW :woo:
This is so exciting, I'll definitely miss year 12 :tongue:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

For medicine:

AS Subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Psychology
A2 Subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Psychology
University choices: Bart's & the London, Sheffield, Leicester, Liverpool

(I may add in the grades when I get my predicted ones)
Reply 12
Yay, think I might try and participate in this thread seeing as I didn't last year! :P It's weird to think of how fast Year 12 went!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good morning, year 13s. :cool:

University courses

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
I'm kind of new in this mini-world of yours, and I'm absolutely in love with The Student Room atmosphere. Oh my God, I seriously can't believe it's nearly over. Year 13! I remember regarding them as the super adults in school, and now I see myself as such a kid :s-smilie:

Politics + International Relations
AS: Spanish Lit. (high A), English Lit. (low A), Geography (high A), German (low, low A), History (high A)
A2: Spanish (done - full marks! Maybe being native helps hahahahaha), English Lit, German, Geography and History.
Universities: Cambridge, St. Andrews, East Anglia and no idea about the two remaining... perhaps Bath and York or Edinburgh

Call me weird, by I'm SO looking forwards to start this year!
Original post by alindp
I'm kind of new in this mini-world of yours, and I'm absolutely in love with The Student Room atmosphere. Oh my God, I seriously can't believe it's nearly over. Year 13! I remember regarding them as the super adults in school, and now I see myself as such a kid :s-smilie:

Call me weird, by I'm SO looking forwards to start this year!

Hi there! :wavey:

I'm actually sort of excited to go back after getting results too. I'm both encouraged by the fact that I did well and also spurred on to do even better.

But at the same time I don't want my summer to end. So... feeling conflicted would sum it up well!

University courses

I'm applying for History.
AS subjects: History, English Literature, Religious Studies and Biology
A2 subjects: History, English Literature, Religious Studies and an EPQ
University choices: Applying post A-Level

:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
WOO! This is scary but very exciting :biggrin:

I wonder what we will all be doing in a year's time...and preparing to go for that matter! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18

University courses

Heya :smile:
Medicine
AS - biology, chemistry, maths, physics, EPQ
A2 - biology, chemistry, maths (maybe physics too - still uncertain)
Choices - not sure yet :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19

University courses

Physics :smile:

AS Subjects: Biology, chemistry, maths and physics
A2 Subjects: Chemistry, maths, physics and an EPQ
University choices: St Andrews, Uni of Southampton, Uni of Liverpool, Heriot Watt, Leicester and Royal Holloway.

I haven't decided on my 'forth' yet so I put the two most likely universities down :smile:

Latest