The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Occams Chainsaw
King's NatSci!

Wbu? Maths? :awesome:

Ah nice, what was your UMS avg and how did your interview go?

Yeah Maths at Pembroke :awesome: only 40 applicants this yr so around about 50% chance of receiving an offer
Is it too late to join the thread? :colondollar:
Original post by Robbie242
Ah nice, what was your UMS avg and how did your interview go?

Yeah Maths at Pembroke :awesome: only 40 applicants this yr so around about 50% chance of receiving an offer

97%, roughly!
Erm, it gets complicated! Basically, I applied for NatSci as organ scholar, as you know, and so did that interview in September (which went pretty well) then when it came time for UCAS I changed to maths so had a maths interview this month but didn't do so well so they offered me my original application which was phys nat sci :redface:
TL;DR It went well :tongue:

Hoping that following in LotF's footsteps will let some of his maths rub off on you? :smug:
Did your interview go ok?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by HarryMWilliams
How's it going Year 13 extraordinaires? All geared up for the new term? :biggrin:

Eh who are you? :tongue:
Original post by thegreatperhaps
x

It's never too late to join a TSR thread.

Original post by Blueray2
x

On a fly-by visit from university land, remembering my time on this thread (or a varient anyway) last year! :tongue:
Occams and Robbie getting on now?:love:

Wait... Who gets Lucy?!
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Wait... Who gets Lucy?!

m(7+1), pepper your angus for a beatin you cheeky mare! I'll wreck ew, I swear on my mum's life I will :colonhash:

Spoiler

m(7+1), pepper your angus for a beatin you cheeky mare! I'll wreck ew, I swear on my mum's life I will :colonhash:

Spoiler

*peppered my angus*
97%, roughly!
Erm, it gets complicated! Basically, I applied for NatSci as organ scholar, as you know, and so did that interview in September (which went pretty well) then when it came time for UCAS I changed to maths so had a maths interview this month but didn't do so well so they offered me my original application which was phys nat sci :redface:
TL;DR It went well :tongue:

Hoping that following in LotF's footsteps will let some of his maths rub off on you? :smug:
Did your interview go ok?

Lmao so much more better than my ums average of 86.17% :colondollar: to be fair though I'm from a school that falls into the bottom 40% of schools :lol: and only mid 80s because of economics and history (which are generally irrelevant to maths)
Oh I see, that's quite confusing indeed lol,,, that's good :smile:

Haha maybe :P I got inspired to check out Pembroke because of DJmayes though... my interview was a mixed bag, first one I got the questions I attempted most of the time wrong (but then went through them) and then second one I got both questions right (with little help) so I really have no idea with my ums in question. Our school hasn't had a Cambridge mathmo for about 10yrs...
Original post by thegreatperhaps
Is it too late to join the thread? :colondollar:

Of course not! Welcome! :biggrin:
You've been gone for a while?

Who's the distraction you've been busy with, anyone I know? :wink:

And is he hot?

I actually haven't! :tongue:

Hahaha :colondollar: :colondollar: :lol:

Oh of course :wink:
Cheers Lucy :h: Yeah, really hope its good news though; Cambridge is like my ultimate university, Warwick would go quite a bit down from my expectations of Cambridge but it will still be nice if so

You're welcome :h: so do I, as I've said, I'll protest otherwise :colonhash: we all have plenty of faith in you that it'll be positive. True true, can't imagine how scary it must be to wait :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
*peppered my angus*

Come on then, chief; let's av ya! :ahee:

Lmao so much more better than my ums average of 86.17% :colondollar: to be fair though I'm from a school that falls into the bottom 40% of schools :lol: and only mid 80s because of economics and history (which are generally irrelevant to maths)
Oh I see, that's quite confusing indeed lol,,, that's good :smile:

Haha maybe :P I got inspired to check out Pembroke because of DJmayes though... my interview was a mixed bag, first one I got the questions I attempted most of the time wrong (but then went through them) and then second one I got both questions right (with little help) so I really have no idea with my ums in question. Our school hasn't had a Cambridge mathmo for about 10yrs...

My school is a selective state school with a dedicated Oxbridge programme so I do have the upper-hand there and they'll definitely factor that in when considering your app :redface:

DJM is a Pembroke mathmo too?! Damn, I thought Trinity was the place to be for that since thats where they train the olympiad team!
Good luck to you! I haven't seen you post much maths but I'm sure you'll do alright :yep:

Wait... Who gets Lucy?!

My life is so embarrassing :cry: :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
I actually haven't! :tongue:

Hahaha :colondollar: :colondollar: :lol:

Oh of course :wink:

:mmm:

Are you blushing? :teehee:

Oooh things are getting haaaawwwt in here :awesome:

Come on then, chief; let's av ya! :ahee:

*'ad*
Original post by Lucy96
My life is so embarrassing :cry: :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know who I'd choose... :sexface:

That tache :drool: but apparently it's going :cry2:
:mmm:

Are you blushing? :teehee:

Oooh things are getting haaaawwwt in here :awesome:

*'ad*

I know who I'd choose... :sexface:

That tache :drool: but apparently it's going :cry2:

Be right back, just going to bury myself alive! :tongue: :blushing: :getmecoat:
Original post by Lucy96

The chainsaw will get through that soil and save you.

Or he'll join you in that tight hole :mmm:
Original post by Lucy96

Want some reading material? :tongue:
The chainsaw will get through that soil and save you.

Or he'll join you in that tight hole :mmm:

First, why all the sudden interest in Lucy?
You stalk her conversation on my wall then ask where she's been... Trying to send her a message?! :smug:

Second, you don't want to annoy me when I'm in troll mode - remember what happened with a certain photo? :pierre:
First, why all the sudden interest in Lucy?
You stalk her conversation on my wall then ask where she's been... Trying to send her a message?! :smug:

Second, you don't want to annoy me when I'm in troll mode - remember what happened with a certain photo? :pierre:

I totally want her :colonhash: I quote... :nah: I won't quote.

Quiet nun. Run back to the Covent :wink:

Latest