The Student Room Group

Manchester Dentistry Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else got an offer so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 121
So parent just decided to break the news that I'm not moving away for uni.. So fingers crossed for Manchester or I'm completely screwed :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ImAz
So parent just decided to break the news that I'm not moving away for uni.. So fingers crossed for Manchester or I'm completely screwed :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah sorry to hear that, gosh I hope you get Manc then!!

I think some more offers will be given out in Jan, before the 2nd batch is interviewed. Hope you all had a good Christmas :biggrin:
Original post by ImAz

Posted from TSR Mobile

ImAz have u done MAP by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 124
aw i hope some will be given out in jan!- why do you think they might give some more in jan, did someone tell you that e.g. teresa smith?
Original post by polozolo123
ImAz have u done MAP by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did MAP :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When was your interview Kaumal? I read on one of your posts I think that you're on a gap year. I'm a gap year MAP applicant too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 127
Original post by #FutureDentist
Ah sorry to hear that, gosh I hope you get Manc then!!

I think some more offers will be given out in Jan, before the 2nd batch is interviewed. Hope you all had a good Christmas :biggrin:

I know now it's stressful and stopping me from focusing on college :|

Guess I should carry on using all the 'how I deal with stress' things I talked about in my interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Has anybody recieved an offer yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 129
Original post by Kaumal123
Has anybody recieved an offer yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope! do you know.if they are definitely giving out offers in January? before the February interviews or will we hear after those interviews are done?
Original post by cwctam
nope! do you know.if they are definitely giving out offers in January? before the February interviews or will we hear after those interviews are done?

I looked on last years thread and people got offers at Manchester on around the 8th Jan. It would make sense that offers are sent before the last set of interviews and then the rest of the offers in March? I'm not too sure though! Fingers crossed ey :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 131
Original post by Kaumal123
I looked on last years thread and people got offers at Manchester on around the 8th Jan. It would make sense that offers are sent before the last set of interviews and then the rest of the offers in March? I'm not too sure though! Fingers crossed ey :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh cool lets hope:smile: do you know how many people they have interviewed so far in total? cos if it's lots and there arent many in feb then I'm sure they'd give some out soon!
Original post by cwctam
oh cool lets hope:smile: do you know how many people they have interviewed so far in total? cos if it's lots and there arent many in feb then I'm sure they'd give some out soon!

I have no idea! But I'm liking your theory :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiii I'm new to this!
Currently doing a third year at college, and have applied to do Dentistry at Mancs, Liverpool, Leeds and Sheffield. Been rejected by Liverpool and Leeds, but Manchester is my first choice. I also did MAP but still no reply from them :/ anybody else in the same position? Super stressed out :frown:
Original post by ZarahAhmad
Hiii I'm new to this!
Currently doing a third year at college, and have applied to do Dentistry at Mancs, Liverpool, Leeds and Sheffield. Been rejected by Liverpool and Leeds, but Manchester is my first choice. I also did MAP but still no reply from them :/ anybody else in the same position? Super stressed out :frown:

Hi there, hope everything goes well for you, just wondering what this map thi g is, have seen several people use this term, thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abarlas123
Hi there, hope everything goes well for you, just wondering what this map thi g is, have seen several people use this term, thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thanks, I hope the same for you :smile: it's the Manchester Access Programme. Basically if you successfully complete the programme it makes it easier to get into Manchester uni, like the entry requirements are lowered for you by 40 UCAS points. Hope that makes sense 😁
Aw thanks, I hope the same for you :smile: it's the Manchester Access Programme. Basically if you successfully complete the programme it makes it easier to get into Manchester uni, like the entry requirements are lowered for you by 40 UCAS points. Hope that makes sense 😁

Aaahh i understand, thanks :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiii I'm new to this!

Hi zara

Im in the exact same position as u and so is a friend of mine. Mcr really are taking the mick :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by polozolo123
Hi zara

Im in the exact same position as u and so is a friend of mine. Mcr really are taking the mick :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww man, it's so annoying :/ did you also do MAP?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 139
Do you think they gave out top 60 offers before xmas? And do you think they'll give any more out before 2nd batch of interviews?

Quick Reply

Latest