The Student Room Group

The time-consuming graduate applications

National grid
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Perhaps they mean certified results? So just the GCSEs, A-levels and degree for most applicants?
Reply 2
Original post by Holmstock
Perhaps they mean certified results? So just the GCSEs, A-levels and degree for most applicants?

Not too sure, they specifically said the word 'exams' rather than subjects.

Think this is to get the application numbers down. I don't even have that information of all the exams i took at GCSE.
Reply 3
I agree most grad apps are excessively long especially the ones where you need to fill in situational questions. The best thing is to save these answers and paste/edit when a familiar question arises.
Reply 4
Did you see this thread

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=41615402&highlight=national%20grid

about how applications were being dealt with last year?
Reply 5
To be honest, if you can't be bothered to put in the effort to list your grades then why should they consider your application? Harsh reality, but they're spoilt for choice with candidates these days.
Reply 6
Original post by Charzhino
I agree most grad apps are excessively long especially the ones where you need to fill in situational questions. The best thing is to save these answers and paste/edit when a familiar question arises.

The questions are not the same and you have to do research on the company and job role for every app!

Original post by M1011
To be honest, if you can't be bothered to put in the effort to list your grades then why should they consider your application? Harsh reality, but they're spoilt for choice with candidates these days.

If you read above, I do not have that information and I do not think anyone has for GCSE.

And why do they want to know the exams I've taken for subjects irrelevant to the job. I would happily put grades as I have done other apps but this takes the cake.

The app has:
Competency questions
All exams i've ever taken
Motivation questions
Work Experience
Hobbies
AND CV Upload which will need to be tailored.

They are spoilt for choice so I guess just people who really want to work for NG will bother with that rubbish but that's the worst job app I have ever seen.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by pool09

If you read above, I do not have that information and I do not think anyone has for GCSE.

And why do they want to know the exams I've taken for subjects irrelevant to the job. I would happily put grades as I have done other apps but this takes the cake.

The app has:
Competency questions
Motivation questions
Work Experience
Hobbies

They are spoilt for choice so I guess just people who really want to work for NG will bother with that rubbish but that's the worst job app I have ever seen.

"so I guess just people who really want to work for NG will bother with that rubbish"

Well there you go then. Looks like they've done it perfectly.
Original post by pool09
The questions are not the same and you have to do research on the company and job role for every app!

The app has:
Competency questions
Motivation questions
Work Experience
Hobbies

I strongly suspect that they will just want GCSE and A-level grades. I've never seen an employer ask for a breakdown of these. I have however seen some that ask you to list all of your university exams
Reply 9
Original post by Hedgeman49
I strongly suspect that they will just want GCSE and A-level grades. I've never seen an employer ask for a breakdown of these. I have however seen some that ask you to list all of your university exams

I want to work for NG but I do not want to spend hours researching the role and company to fill their competency questions only for my application to go unread because I didn't include the exam information.

They worded the request appropriate to wanting GCSE exam lists and even mentioned it twice on the page.

Quick Reply

Latest