The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Basiji

I thought you never post on other teams' thread or is it just the Arsenal thread?

This is my seventh post ever (now eighth) in the Chelsea thread. I think I have two posts in the Spurs thread. I have never posted in the Arsenal or Liverpool thread.

I pretty much never post in other team threads.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Nickini
Arsenal have a horrendous March and February, I think that run of games might knock them off the pace somewhat, would be both impressed and surprised if they managed to finish March within touching distance of the top. Although if they do manage to I think they'll win it tbh, and deservedly so.

City's away games are reasonably terrifying

Swansea, Newcastle, Tottenham, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton. Their away form is questionable and 10 of their 19 games remaining are away from home. They could potentially drop home points to Chelsea and so are in almost as precarious a position as Arsenal
Original post by Enoxial
How to defeat Liverpool:
1 They are weak defending set pieces.
2 They dont mark effevtively
3 Get them on counter
4 Which is the most Important is that THEY RARELY SCORE AFTER HALF TIME

Pretty much nail on the head

They scored in the 3rd minute, and didn't score for the 92/93 minutes after.
Reply 9563
Original post by 9MmBulletz

Sounds like the CL semi final in 2005.
Reply 9564
Original post by Basiji
Apparently Inter Milan sporting director Piero Ausilio was a special guest tonight at Stamford Bridge. Obviously he's here to talk about the Fredy Guarin rumours going about. I'll be absolutely gutted if you guys get him especially for the price that's being rumoured which is around 15million euros - that's taking the mickey. A proper trequartista, immense player. But I just don't get why Inter would sell such an integral player of their team, who has been great for Inter this season. It's not like they need the money considering they've just got a new billionaire owner in Erick Thohir. Rumours also going about that Guarin and Ranocchia maybe involved in a swap with Juan Mata. I'd do Ranocchia plus £20mil for Mata any day but please no Guarin!

I haven't watched much inter this season, while it's clear that Guarins best position is in the middle, do you think he's best as a Box to box player, or behind the striker as a creative player, or even potentially as a regista? We don't require a trequartista in our formation, just need an attacking midfielder and two inside forwards who can function as an attacking midfielder as well so will be able to switch positions. I say this because we're likely to play Guarin where Luiz played today.

Swap deal with Mata would be very interesting though. Mata at inter would be very interesting. Since I want Inter back in the big time, Mata could sort you guys out, although losing Guarin would be a step back, but surely he is replaceable? But a guy like Mata would be amazing for you guys and be the catalyst for you guys to go back to the top of Serie A, in fact while I don't advocate selling mata, I'd only want him to go to Inter (or real Sociedad)
Reply 9565
If Mata's going to Italy it'll be with Napoli. He won't be going to a second rate Inter lmao.

Guarin to Chelsea doesn't make sense. IF he ends up there it should be as Ramirez' back up and he'd have played in a game like yesterday alongside Lampard. Again though that just slaps Luiz, Mikel and Mata in the face.

I knew Suarez wouldn't score, he's out of form again.
Reply 9567
Original post by Bubzeh
If Mata's going to Italy it'll be with Napoli. He won't be going to a second rate Inter lmao.

Guarin to Chelsea doesn't make sense. IF he ends up there it should be as Ramirez' back up and he'd have played in a game like yesterday alongside Lampard. Again though that just slaps Luiz, Mikel and Mata in the face.

Why would it slap Mata in the face? Its funny that we destroyed Liverpool yesterday without ramires and Using lampard next to Luiz and produced our best performance of the season. Would Ramires have made that pass yesterday in the build up to the Eto'o goal?

Mikel ain't good enough with Ramires, they're both so limited, it's like they had a beast player, then turned them into two players then gave them half of the good attributes.
Reply 9568
Original post by Enoxial
I knew Suarez wouldn't score, he's out of form again.

He's out of form because he's actually facing a decent defence. :rofl: he'll go back to scoring 2 a game when he faces a top team like Norwich. Anyway, game confirmed that Sturridge is as important as Suarez against big teams.

Saying that, funnily enough people were saying that Hazard will be anonymous and Suarez will cut through this Chelsea defence with ease. I said it, if there was any defence capable of handling a striker, it would be Chelsea's.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9569
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Why would it slap Mata in the face? Its funny that we destroyed Liverpool yesterday without ramires and Using lampard next to Luiz and produced our best performance of the season. Would Ramires have made that pass yesterday in the build up to the Eto'o goal?

Mikel ain't good enough with Ramires, they're both so limited, it's like they had a beast player, then turned them into two players then gave them half of the good attributes.

Wut

I'm trying to say Guarin isn't needed and in my opinion he'll just end up replacing someone like Luiz or Mata, which would be stupid because Chelsea have so many central players better than him.

It'd slap Mata and Luiz in the face because more players are getting signed in a central role, despite having both Mata and Luiz, then Oscar, Willian, Mikel, Lampard, Ramirez and more crappy reserves.

BUT

Mourinho does need a big cheque book to win trophys so... I expect Guarin to sign for a stupid fee over the coming weeks.
Original post by Bubzeh
Wut

I'm trying to say Guarin isn't needed and in my opinion he'll just end up replacing someone like Luiz or Mata, which would be stupid because Chelsea have so many central players better than him.

It'd slap Mata and Luiz in the face because more players are getting signed in a central role, despite having both Mata and Luiz, then Oscar, Willian, Mikel, Lampard, Ramirez and more crappy reserves.

BUT

Mourinho does need a big cheque book to win trophys so... I expect Guarin to sign for a stupid fee over the coming weeks.

He's a central midfielder. Our central midfield options are Mikel,Ramires, Lampard, Essien and MVG. Essien and Mikel aren't good enough to start. Guarin will be rotated with Ramires and Lampard and MVG
He's out of form because he's actually facing a decent defence. :rofl: he'll go back to scoring 2 a game when he faces a top team like Norwich. Anyway, game confirmed that Sturridge is as important as Suarez against big teams.

With Guarin and Van Ginkel, it'll improve.

Eto'o should be careful with tackles, aside from the Suarez incident he gave a free kick through which Liverpool scored.

Saying that, funnily enough people were saying that Hazard will be anonymous and Suarez will cut through this Chelsea defence with ease. I said it, if there was any defence capable of handling a striker, it would be Chelsea's.

I said the same thing a few days ago.
Reply 9572
Original post by Bubzeh
Wut

BUT

But we play a 4-2-3-1.

Mata is not a DM or a CM. That's bull****. Guarin will play in the 2. Not in the 3 AM's. If he wanted to though, we do a swap deal and money with Mata. But we've been using him a lot this past month bar the Arsenal and Liverpool games.

Ramires isn't good enough. Guarin would replace him
Mikel isn't good enough. Good for a certain type of game. It's saying something that we played our best football of the season when neither Mikel or Ramires were playing in the first half.

Best thing benitez ever did for us was play Luiz in midfield and try to use romeu. We can use Luiz there, but then we need another CB for cover.
Reply 9573
Original post by Enoxial
With Guarin and Van Ginkel, it'll improve.

Eto'o should be careful with tackles, aside from the Suarez incident he gave a free kick through which Liverpool scored.

I said the same thing a few days ago.

That same defence with bosingwa as CB handled Messi a couple years ago. Seriously, why do people doubt us?
Reply 9574
He's a central midfielder. Our central midfield options are Mikel,Ramires, Lampard, Essien and MVG. Essien and Mikel aren't good enough to start. Guarin will be rotated with Ramires and Lampard and MVG

Please refer to the point about Jose needing his cheque book every 3 months.

If Mikel, Ramires, Luiz, Lampard, Essien and this MVG kid isn't enough then god knows. Why don't you just sign Pirlo and Alonso aswell.

Even Oscar's played deep and could against pathetic opposition.

It's the same with a CF. You have a 50 million pound Torres who's probably on 250-300k a week and Eto'o who's probably on the same. Even that loser Ba won't be on small wages yet Mourinho would happily take a Falcao or Higuain.

Anyway, Guarin isn't that good. He should be back up to the beast that is Ramires and that's it.
Reply 9575
Ramires isn't good enough. Guarin would replace him

I want to die of laughter but I'm in the library. Mate, trust me he's not there to replace Ramires.
Original post by niceguy95
hazard will have 0 (never appears in big games) impact on this game and giroud will mis a sitter

Go home your drunk.
Reply 9577
Best thing benitez ever did for us was play Luiz in midfield and try to use romeu. We can use Luiz there, but then we need another CB for cover.

Best thing Rafa did was winning you lot a European Cup and finishing above Arsenal and Bale despite having Marin, Benayoun, Moses, Romeu, Ba, Ake and Bertrand.
Reply 9578
Original post by Bubzeh
Please refer to the point about Jose needing his cheque book every 3 months.

If Mikel, Ramires, Luiz, Lampard, Essien and this MVG kid isn't enough then god knows. Why don't you just sign Pirlo and Alonso aswell.

Even Oscar's played deep and could against pathetic opposition.

It's the same with a CF. You have a 50 million pound Torres who's probably on 250-300k a week and Eto'o who's probably on the same. Even that loser Ba won't be on small wages yet Mourinho would happily take a Falcao or Higuain.

Anyway, Guarin isn't that good. He should be back up to the beast that is Ramires and that's it.

These things have been said many times and explained many times on this thread and the last thread.

MVG is injured until the end of the season. Lampard is 35 and can't play every game. Essien is decent, but not good enough to start. We need a player who's able to start. Ramires is ridiculously overrated. Good for when we need to counter, but if we wanted to keep the ball and play expansive play he is not your man.

We can use Luiz there, but then we'll be short of CB's, So either we buy a CB and use luiz there, or we buy a CM and use Luiz there as cover in CM and CB.
Reply 9579
Original post by Bubzeh
Best thing Rafa did was winning you lot a European Cup and finishing above Arsenal and Bale despite having Marin, Benayoun, Moses, Romeu, Ba, Ake and Bertrand.

You're a benitez supporter who only supports Napoli because benitez went there, you're ****ing pathetic.

We had the best team in the EUROPA LEAGUE by an immesurable distance. Anything less than that and it would have been disgraceful.

We had a team good enough to finish 3rd or second. Simple as. Anyway I'm not going to be baited anymore, we're not going to agree and personally arguing with you is tiring since you have a clear bias towards benitez.

Latest