The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

This thread is making me feel so much better about my lack of revision and motivation haha. I've had words with myself tonight and set my alarm for 8am so I can have a shower then start revising at 9. The hardest part is knowing where to start and actually starting, once I've done a bit I always get fully into it and can revise for hours. I made a revision timetable and everything but haven't stuck to it at all :frown:
Reply 501
My lecturer hasn't mentioned anything about our exam that we have on the 20th January. All I have got is several pages of notes on each topic but nothing to do it with. First university exam, are there past papers? who the **** knows my lecturer hasn't said anything about past papers or essay questions that are likely to come up so i don't even know if past papers exist for university exams. Tried to Google to module in hope of finding something but nothing. I'm clueless to be honest. This university clearly hasn't prepared me.
Original post by lauraaaaa
This thread is making me feel so much better about my lack of revision and motivation haha. I've had words with myself tonight and set my alarm for 8am so I can have a shower then start revising at 9. The hardest part is knowing where to start and actually starting, once I've done a bit I always get fully into it and can revise for hours. I made a revision timetable and everything but haven't stuck to it at all :frown:

I might have to do the same and set an alarm! I think it's just the thought of actually starting that's the hardest part...and getting out of bed 😄 I normally am able to get into it and do hours but lately I've been doing 15mins then ending up on YouTube, TSR or Twitter. I think I'm going to have to put my phone in a different room again 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

(really need to get work done soon, or failure will be upon me)
Reply 504
About six hours a day. But that's only because I've got Jan mocks otherwise it'd be four hours on most days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by La_97
About six hours a day. But that's only because I've got Jan mocks otherwise it'd be four hours on most days.

You gotta be karate kidding me
Me too! Im in A2, I've got Jan mock exams and I've only revised about 5 days since November...

No motivation whatsoever, I wasn't like this last year :frown:
Reply 507
Original post by DeemzBeamz
Me too! Im in A2, I've got Jan mock exams and I've only revised about 5 days since November...

No motivation whatsoever, I wasn't like this last year :frown:

Same...it's awful :L I feel so bad not doing it. I don't do anything about it though :L But decided im going to be a nerd until June now..need 3As!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah :smile: same. I've decided to start tomorrow. I don't think I'll keep by my word though xD

Hope you achieve those A's :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 509
These post have made me sigh with soooooo much relief that I'm not the only one doing A2 Jan mocks and is absolutely de-motivated to start!! I kinda started with c3 yesterday by making one revision sheet on one topic.....but that's taken me like two days to do and it's only functions!! :L
I think we're all feeling demotivated because it isn't actual Jan exams so our brains aren't taking it as seriously as they did last year :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SkAlley
These post have made me sigh with soooooo much relief that I'm not the only one doing A2 Jan mocks and is absolutely de-motivated to start!! I kinda started with c3 yesterday by making one revision sheet on one topic.....but that's taken me like two days to do and it's only functions!! :L
I think we're all feeling demotivated because it isn't actual Jan exams so our brains aren't taking it as seriously as they did last year :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha Omg same here it took me 4hours to do them end of chapter questions on functions.im sooo unproductive :frown: tbh my revision is so inefficient .I've been saying I'll be more productive tomorrow:|
Deffo flopping my C3 mock next week :frown:
I feel like sleeping all day long :|
Today I spent about 45mins staring at a chemistry textbook.What is going on:0
Phewwww I'm not the only one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hudsonxoxo
I might have to do the same and set an alarm! I think it's just the thought of actually starting that's the hardest part...and getting out of bed 😄 I normally am able to get into it and do hours but lately I've been doing 15mins then ending up on YouTube, TSR or Twitter. I think I'm going to have to put my phone in a different room again 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just about to start revising when I've dried my hair and had breakfast. Where I'm going to start I have no idea but I'm sure once I get into it, it'll be fine. I do have to say that I'm absolutely ****ting these mocks even though I know they aren't real! I'm gonna have to put my phone elsewhere too, such a good time to start liking someone and texting them 24/7 isn't it haha. I think were all demotivated because we've established that A-levels are horrible and we all have loads of exams cramped together in summer so you dint even wanna think about them
Original post by livealittle
Hahaha Omg same here it took me 4hours to do them end of chapter questions on functions.im sooo unproductive :frown: tbh my revision is so inefficient .I've been saying I'll be more productive tomorrow:|
Deffo flopping my C3 mock next week :frown:
I feel like sleeping all day long :|
Today I spent about 45mins staring at a chemistry textbook.What is going on:0
Phewwww I'm not the only one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think every single student has an 'I'll do it tomorrow attitude', don't worry!
Okay fellow A2 students...TODAY is when revision starts!
Original post by yodawg321
Okay fellow A2 students...TODAY is when revision starts!

:ahee:
I can proudly say I actually got some revision done last night. :biggrin: not a lot but it's better then nothing. Need to revise some more today.
I CAN TOTALLY DO THIS :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been doing 3/4 hours a day. Is that enough? I have 5 exams.
I've got around 20 exams in the summer :frown:
Reply 518
3 hours per day during the christmas break even though i have jan mocks that i am going to fail. First day back i am going to revise 2 hours at the college library and 3 hours at home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 519
Well I assume you haven't got a Assistant headteacher who threatens you with BTecs if we flop. Not saying that BTecs are bad of course.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending